Brent Moloney average in wins

Started by grant17, March 13, 2013, 11:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grant17

Hey guys. I hadn't really considered Moloney that seriously, but I did some quick research which has me considering him.

Moloney averages much higher in wins/draws than losses.
2011 : 108.6 (from 8 wins, 1 draw)
2010 : 99 (from 6 wins, 1 draw)
2009 96.3 (from 4 wins)
2008 90 (from 1 win)

I know it's not very reliable because the Dees haven't won many games over the last few years, but it is food for thought. The question is, did the Dees win these games due to Moloney playing well, or did Moloney score well because the Dees were playing well. Chicken or egg?

So could this mean that Moloney will score well if the Lions have a good year (they should at least win more than Melbourne !)? Or could it mean the Lions are to have a good year with Moloney's addition to their side?

grant17

Also i should mention 2012. Averaged 75.3 from 3 wins in 2012 (16 higher than his season average).

Justin Bieber

Vincent

Every player probably averages more in the wins than the losses

Jukes

Quote from: Vincent on March 14, 2013, 12:03:41 AM
Every player probably averages more in the wins than the losses

Beat me to it.

Locked in for me. Confident he'll go 85+ and make you some early-season cash and you'll be able to turn him into a premo with 100k. He showed this in the nab cup (so far), averaging 115 per 100 minutes.

Mr.Craig

I don't think it's much of an issue but just for arguments sake...

Brisbane play WB, Adel, GC, NM, Melb, Syd, WC, Ess, Carl and Coll prior to their bye and you'd probably want Moloney to have made his money by that point and be ready to trade out. Last year Brisbane's record vs those teams was 8-7 (five of the losses coming against Ess, Carl and Coll) so I could see them doing reasonably well up until the half way point of the season.

Windigo

I reckon the Bull can get back to his form in 2011. At 300K he looks a steal and a better option than say a Billy longer in the ruck..

Ricochet

They only way I could bring him in would be to downgrade Murphy and I can't do that.
Very decent option at 300k though

Justin Bieber

Ricochet

Holz

he will have to beat his career best average to be worth picking up in my opinion. If you think he can do that than pick him up, will be a tough ask though, going 80-85 isnt enough to pick him.