Main Menu

Quinny's Top 50

Started by quinny88, March 13, 2013, 01:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Quote from: Mr.Craig on March 13, 2013, 03:09:51 PM
I pretty much agree with all that however I think it will still be a year or two before Harley overtakes the likes of Ryan Griffen and Jordan Lewis.

Carrots would have certainly been on my list.

Yeah the further the list goes the harder it gets to squeeze them all in. Could have easily made a list of 50 midfielders

ossie85

Harley Bennell is a favourite of mine - I had him All-Aus on the wing last year. He has serious star potential

Jroo

Nice work Quinny, isn't easy to put together a top 59, but yours looks good. Can't believe Mike left Jroo out and had Deledio at 31  ::)

quinny88

Quote from: JROO8 on March 13, 2013, 04:55:59 PM
Nice work Quinny, isn't easy to put together a top 59, but yours looks good. Can't believe Mike left Jroo out and had Deledio at 31  ::)

Thanks Jroo. I know hey! Love him or hate him, Riewoldt was the Coleman medalist and should definitely be in the top 50. Deledio was a bit low at 31 but when comparing the best midfielders it is very hard. There are so many great ones getting around

tbagrocks

I think you've made a clear mistake! ;)

quinny88

Quote from: tbagrocks on March 13, 2013, 05:49:45 PM
I think you've made a clear mistake! ;)

Haha I was expecting to hear from you a little sooner tbag

Anubis

Lol Nathan Jones better than Ryan Griffen, Brad Ebert, James Kelly etc.

tbagrocks

Jones is a fantastic footballer, lol at your cheer boo count ::)

valkorum

Not a bad effort at all.  Just 2 glaring issues for me

Hawkins in the top 10 - NO WAY
NicNat in the top 20 - NO FREAKIN WAY

Anubis

Jones gives 100% effort and that is admirable but he is a B grade mid and nothing more. He lacks polish. To be in the top 50 you have to be able to break even with the very best mids. Can Griffen and Ebert get the better of Dangerfield? They might be able to on their day. Can Jones? Never.

Carrazzo should be in the top 25.

quinny88

Quote from: Anubis on March 14, 2013, 05:28:19 PM
Jones gives 100% effort and that is admirable but he is a B grade mid and nothing more. He lacks polish. To be in the top 50 you have to be able to break even with the very best mids. Can Griffen and Ebert get the better of Dangerfield? They might be able to on their day. Can Jones? Never.

Carrazzo should be in the top 25.

Jones had 14 brownlow votes and won the best and fairest. He is the motor in the Demons midfield and I think he will have a big season.

quinny88

Quote from: valkorum on March 14, 2013, 05:26:45 PM

Fair enough Valk.
I think Hawkins has turned the corner since the 2011 GF. He had a fantastic 2nd half to 2012 and is ready to go up a level again in 2013
NicNat could easily be top 5 let alone top 20. He is unbeatable in the ruck and still so young and raw. Was all australian last year and just coming into his prime

valkorum

Quote from: quinny88 on March 14, 2013, 05:47:40 PM

Fair enough Valk.
I think Hawkins has turned the corner since the 2011 GF. He had a fantastic 2nd half to 2012 and is ready to go up a level again in 2013
NicNat could easily be top 5 let alone top 20. He is unbeatable in the ruck and still so young and raw. Was all australian last year and just coming into his prime

I dont doubt that Hawkins is finally understanding himself and what he can do on a footy field.  I just dont rate him in the top 10 players in the comp..... yet.  You have him ahead of Pav prob cos he kicked a couple more goals than him - keep in mind Pav didnt play FF/CHF all year where as THawk did.  I could settle with swapping Pav and THawk on the list but even then thats a stretch.

I also agree that NicNat has a lot of potential.  You watch him for an entire game, he goes misses for long parts of a game then he goes crazy and does something quite spectacular which everyone then raves about.  You go on to say in Fyfe's description that he has massive potential but has only shown that in patchs yet you rate him 10 spots less than NicNat.  I am not saying that Fyfe deserves to be higher cos I think he is placed about right and this is also where NicNat should be.

And dont get me started about NicNats AA selection - absolute flowering joke.  Maric or Jacobs much more deserving of the AA ruck spot

quinny88

Quote from: valkorum on March 14, 2013, 05:58:48 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on March 14, 2013, 05:47:40 PM

Fair enough Valk.

I dont doubt that Hawkins is finally understanding himself and what he can do on a footy field.  I just dont rate him in the top 10 players in the comp..... yet.  You have him ahead of Pav prob cos he kicked a couple more goals than him - keep in mind Pav didnt play FF/CHF all year where as THawk did.  I could settle with swapping Pav and THawk on the list but even then thats a stretch.

I also agree that NicNat has a lot of potential.  You watch him for an entire game, he goes misses for long parts of a game then he goes crazy and does something quite spectacular which everyone then raves about.  You go on to say in Fyfe's description that he has massive potential but has only shown that in patchs yet you rate him 10 spots less than NicNat.  I am not saying that Fyfe deserves to be higher cos I think he is placed about right and this is also where NicNat should be.

And dont get me started about NicNats AA selection - absolute flowering joke.  Maric or Jacobs much more deserving of the AA ruck spot

I sense this is more to do with your hate for West Coast as a Freo supporter rather than NicNat haha. Too many news paper articles about him over there?  :P

Yeah I have Hawkins ahead of Pav because Pav is 31, has had an injury interrupted pre season and Hawkins is entering his prime. We have seen the best of Pav, were yet to see the best from Hawkins and I think this will be the season that we do. To be honest I could put 20 midfielders before any other position but you have to look outside the box. This wasnt just based on last year, its potential as well.

tbagrocks

Excellent work mate! Only gripes are Cotchin too high and Bartel too low, Pendlebury probably too high as well