Started by eg6914, March 13, 2013, 12:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eg6914

Hi, first post on the FF website, just offering some food for thought,
Just out of curiosity, who represents the most value out of:

• Goddard
  • Heppell
  • Hibberd
I was just wondering because with everyone starting Goddard i can really only see him increasing his average by 5-10 points (at most) and with guys like heppell and Hibberd who loom to raise there average by 10+ is it worth picking one of them over goddard?

Capper

First of all Welcome to the site, hopefully you enjoy your stay!!

There are a couple of teams i have seen with all 3 in the back line. Goddard should average to highest out of the 3 but i personally think he starts slow so i have gone for Heppell. Hibberd's average should go up slightly as well, but against the stronger teams he wont score well as he will play a lock down role

Ricochet

Welcome eg!

Have to start Goddard in my opinion mate. He has gone 113 before so a 5-10 point increase definitely isn't beyond him. Plus there aren't many defenders that can go 100+

eg6914

Cheers Ric and tabs, ATM i have Goddard, Stanley, Grimes and Gibbs as my defenders but if i trade Goddard to Heppell i can also go J.J Kennedy to D. Martin so really for me its Goddard and Kennedy Vs Heppell and Martin, i am leaning towards the first option because of the cash that may be generated.

Ricochet

If you went Grimes to Heppell would you have enough cash for Martin?

Toga

G'day eg, welcome to the site! :D

Atm I'm starting Goddard and Heppell, but would love to fit Hibbo in there as well just don't think I'll be able to.

If I were in your position, with that back line, I think I would consider downgrading Grimes and/or Stanley to Heppell/Hartlett - both Stanley and Grimes are so expensive to start with and haven't shown much in preseason for my liking :-\

If you did Stanley -> Heppell, could you do Kennedy -> Martin?

Hope that helps :)

bowyanger

Quote from: Ricochet on March 13, 2013, 12:23:19 AM

Great bum steer

Do this and you will be posting about poor form and injuries

Like it

bowyanger

Quote from: Toga on March 13, 2013, 12:25:05 AM

Atm I'm starting Goddard and Heppell, but would love to fit Hibbo in there as well just don't think I'll be able to.

If I were in your position, with that back line, I think I would consider downgrading Grimes and/or Stanley to Heppell/Hartlett - both Stanley and Grimes are so expensive to start with and haven't shown much in preseason for my liking :-\

Because pre season is a great basis to make you choices upon

Hell...

Hawks and Sydney finished bottom of pre season

Who played in the last game of 2012 again?

Jukes

Goddard = must-have, will be top 2 average minimum.
Heppell = best non Gibbs/Goddard premium imo, taking into account average rise and total average. Will probs average the same as Grimes (96 I reckon) but is much cheaper.
Hibberd = not a necessity, but I reckon is the best cash cow for defence 2013.

I have all three, reckon at absolute minimum you should have 2 of them, depending on structure.

Ricochet

Quote from: bowyanger on March 13, 2013, 12:52:30 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on March 13, 2013, 12:23:19 AM

Great bum steer

Do this and you will be posting about poor form and injuries

Like it
??? say what?

Noz

Quote from: bowyanger on March 13, 2013, 12:55:00 AM

Hell...

Port Adelaide and Western Bulldogs did in London

What's your point?

Capper

Quote from: Noz on March 13, 2013, 01:27:02 AM

Hell...

Port Adelaide and Western Bulldogs did in London

What's your point?
Swans are known for being poor DT and SC scorers on average. Also Swans and Hawks haven't taken the pre-season seriously for a couple of years now. Both clubs like giving their rookies some game time, especially R1 but then gradually bring in the top players

Toga

Hell...

Mate, I know preseason form shouldn't be the overriding factor in deciding what players to choose etc but it should be considered to make informed decisions when selecting your side. What teams are doing well is irrelevant, but how players are doing can be a bit of an indicator of how things MIGHT change this season.

Would be great to hear some constructive feedback from you mate rather than just negative crap towards other coaches who are trying to help.

eg6914

Towards the Grimes trade, he usually starts pretty slow and so he usually makes for a tasty upgrade option. So i have traded Grimes to Heppell and J.J Kennedy to Martin

Ricochet

Quote from: eg6914 on March 13, 2013, 10:55:19 AM
Towards the Grimes trade, he usually starts pretty slow and so he usually makes for a tasty upgrade option. So i have traded Grimes to Heppell and J.J Kennedy to Martin
Perfect mate