Previous topic - Next topic

What Will You Do Now?

Have Two Premo Rucks
One Premo & Mid Pricer
One Premo & Rookie (Currie, Daw)
I Have No Idea...Yet

Chelskiman

Quote from: charliesheen on March 11, 2013, 10:30:52 PM
2 premos.  Predicting Currie won't get as many games as people think.

I've gone two premos as well (Cox + Maric) but it means I've had to drop one of my mids, which is Pendles.  Was either him or Boyd.  I may bring Pendles back in though, I'll see.  I could drop Cotchin too, but it's Cotch and I love him, plus I kinda wanna start with him.

Bones Bombers

What about Longer while Luey is out?
Take his price rise (hopefully) and get Luey if he looks good on return.
Lots of trades make it a possibility.

Ricochet

For me it basically comes down to this...
Robbo + Currie/Rowe/etc v Any ruck under 430k + Varcoe

Outside Cox and Maric I don't see any other fit rucks going close to 100+
And i see Robbo doing it easily.

So I'm going with Cox at R1 and Currie/Rowe at R2

Artax

Quote from: Bones Bombers on March 12, 2013, 01:05:46 AM
What about Longer while Luey is out?
Take his price rise (hopefully) and get Luey if he looks good on return.
Lots of trades make it a possibility.

Has to be considered!

I had Sandi in an elite draft.. Got injured so I have brought Griff in for the meantime

Windigo

The thing with going 2 premo's means you've got to cut a premo player from somewhere else.

Then it just makes the team look weak. I don't wanna take a fwd away, as then your playing a dicey mid pricer or 2 rookies. Mids are where the points are, and down back most are rolling with 3 premos. Having 2 could push the envelope too much.. :-\

Toga

I've got two options:
1. Keep Leuey, use Roughead's DPP to play him as R2, and play Macaffer on field in the fwd line.
2. Swap Longer with Leuey and on the eve of Leuey's first price rise get him in for Longer, turning over a bit of cash in the meantime.

I think Longer is a quality option that has to be considered with Leuey down and Benny Hudson leaving the club. Watching closely this weekend 8)

Holz

I think people need to calm down abit. I still have burger in my squad.

Im thinknig of starting Cox Roughead Burger with Rowe up front and when burger is back switch roughy up front. Or i might just keep

Cox Burger Currie Daw.

GM

If reports are correct with him having achilles issues on his other foot signs are not good.
Whether or not it keeps him sidelined,the Lions will tread warily with him that is certain.
For me having Longer in for the interim seems a better fit.
I will hold judgement until after Nab final though.
If this kid can hold his own against the Blues it will make my decision easier.

Chopps

was already having cold feet regarding leuey, think i ll go cox and a ruck that is capable of 90+ with dpp so when a second 100+ ruck presents i can bring them in

charliesheen

Quote from: Chelskiman on March 11, 2013, 11:28:20 PM

I've gone two premos as well (Cox + Maric) but it means I've had to drop one of my mids, which is Pendles.  Was either him or Boyd.  I may bring Pendles back in though, I'll see.  I could drop Cotchin too, but it's Cotch and I love him, plus I kinda wanna start with him.

Don't drop Pendles.

charliesheen

Quote from: Holzman on March 12, 2013, 11:06:36 AM

Im thinknig of starting Cox Roughead Burger with Rowe up front and when burger is back switch roughy up front. Or i might just keep

Cox Burger Currie Daw.

If Berger starts on fire, its very easy to bring him in with 30 trades.  Burger needs to finish in top 2-3 rucks to be worth it.

If not he just sitting there wasting money on your bench.

GM

Quote from: charliesheen on March 12, 2013, 01:45:38 PM
Quote from: Chelskiman on March 11, 2013, 11:28:20 PM

Don't drop Pendles.
Or Boyd imo.

Holz

Quote from: charliesheen on March 12, 2013, 01:47:39 PM
Quote from: Holzman on March 12, 2013, 11:06:36 AM

Cox Burger Currie Daw.

If Berger starts on fire, its very easy to bring him in with 30 trades.  Burger needs to finish in top 2-3 rucks to be worth it.

If not he just sitting there wasting money on your bench.

he wont sit on my bench, when he plays roughy switches forward and rowe sits on my ruck bench with burger R2.

im tipping if burger misses round 1 he should be beack round 2-3

Toga

Problem is, Holz, that we'd need to be just about 100% sure he'll be back before say round 4 to make it absolutely worth keeping him... How can we tell? :-\

Holz

Quote from: Toga on March 12, 2013, 02:16:22 PM
Problem is, Holz, that we'd need to be just about 100% sure he'll be back before say round 4 to make it absolutely worth keeping him... How can we tell? :-\

will get to that if/when i have too, we should get a fiar indication of his chances. Im tipping he plays round 1.