Top Fwd Rooks

Started by Matt_352, March 10, 2013, 11:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are your picks for Fwd rooks this year (select up to 3 options)

Daniher
Mayes
Macaffer
Rowe
Neade
Lee
Kennedy
Other (please specify)

Matt_352

Thoughts guys, please specify if you have any different ones :)

powersuperkents

Daniher - Too expensive and looks like more of a downgrade target later in the year
Mayes - Same story
Macaffer - Cash cow, good JS and should average 50-70 (locked)
Rowe - Got in the ruck to eventually sub with Cox in my forwards (locked)
Neade - Cheap and should have game time in a improving (the best) team (locked)
Lee - Cheap and has proven he can score goals, should manage some game time even most likely starting as a sub (locked)
Kennedy - Haven't been watching him

Mr.Craig

There's a bit of discussion here...

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,73592.0.html

Neade, Lee, Paparone and Kennedy have some chance of playing Round 1 with Dwyer and Daniher at longer odds, but not impossible.

Jukes

Only going with Macaffer and Lee as my forward cheaps/rooks, in addition to Varcoe and Karnezis. There are pretty much no forward rooks this season- ruck rooks are better :P with Currie, Witts and Daw.

tbagrocks

If he plays enough games which is tricky at the pies, Kennedy easily, Sammy Kerridge will get a decent go at some stage and Josh Gwowden at GWS to be rotated through the squad if fit

Possibly Neade from Port but I don't see why they would rush him

Noz

Ben Newton is my smokie. Ben Newton will be given games this year can see him averaging 70.

essendon2

Neade is a lot like that port fwd rook from a few seasons ago... Hitchcock I think! small body, crumbing fwd - will average between 60-70

only got Macaffer and Paparone at the moment at F7/8
Spangher might be coming in though if it looks like he/'s taking Suckling's spot

Noz

Quote from: essendon2 on March 11, 2013, 12:40:45 AM
Neade is a lot like that port fwd rook from a few seasons ago... Hitchcock I think! small body, crumbing fwd - will average between 60-70

Spangher might be coming in though if it looks like he/'s taking Suckling's spot

Hitchcock has struggled with injuries in the past season and has never gotten his body right, Even when he was fit he never really capitalised on the opportunity he was given, Neade is a slightly different player to Hitchcock.

Also might be something to note on Sam Mayes was close to best on ground in the magoos on the weekend.

Pokerface

Have just two right now - Caff and Spangher.

Artax

Quote from: essendon2 on March 11, 2013, 12:40:45 AM

Spangher will certainly come into calculations now. Performed well on the weekend.

Laughed at him at the Eagles but thought he performed well at Sydney when he could stay on the park

Noz

Wouldn't Hawthorn choose to replace Suckling with another running defender and not a KPP?

Artax

He can be used in that role also. Suckling will be pretty hard to replace regardless I think

Phasir

Lee is my biggest lock so far.. him & the Caffer are the only ones in my team for now, but hopefully Rowe can get a run in the navy blue so I can bring him in, great AFL & personal story

elephants

Have Lee, Neade and Caff atm but would be keen to see Spang and Rowe get a round one call-up!

I'm with Artax, thought Spang was such a crab at WCE and Sydney but he's looked okay for the Hawks thus far.

Phasir

Spangher was good at taking good grabs when at WC, was solid however couldn't get a run of games due to injury & lots of key back depth competition.  Hopefully he can get some games at the Hawks, maybe even have some private lessons with Lakey :P