Main Menu

Fyfe

Started by jeesh, March 10, 2013, 11:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeesh

It's only NAB cup and already his shoulder has given him grief. With 30 trades is it worth risking him knowing it could be early as round 1 he's out with another should reco?

GoLions

He's hard to ignore at that price, however I won't be starting him. If only he was still a mid/fwd...

Big Mac

I won't pick him in my side this year. He's too much of an injury risk and even though he played well on the weekend it was only against a potential bottom 4 side.

quinny88

Its a bit of a worry. Makes the decision a little tougher on weather to get Mundy or not as well because Mundy scores a lot better when Fyfe plays

Mat0369

I think Mundy just needs the body right and a fit Barlow will help take the pressure off. Fyfe on the other hand, too expensive unless he was still a forward option. Won't be a premium mid but would have been a premium forward.

Dayze

Could definedly b a premium mid. Has every supercoach tool available. But massive question marks on his shoulders now.
Think it would honestly b best to avoid both him and mundy.
Any other injury scare and I would stick with Fyfe but the same shoulder again...

jeesh

The fact he ripped out a 108 average in his 2nd season I reckon he could easily push it up to 115 and be a premo just if his body held up

Mat0369

Different game style now and needs to cut down on the clangers. He will still get his big scores but I don't see him being a top 8 mid. You want the best 8 players in the middle come the end of the season and I don't think Fyfe is a top 8 mid

Dayze

Definedly needs to cut down on the clangers but if he could string a dozen games together I think he would.
Game hasn't changed enough to pass Fyfe by. He would b a gun in any generation. Guy gets leather poisoning and is the best overheard mark of any midfielder (bar Rockliff) going around. The only thing stopping nat Fyfe is his body. Dt or sc it doesn't matter his stats will transfer. Think his shoulders are just too big a risk this year I the mids

quinny88

Quote from: Dayze on March 11, 2013, 01:36:16 AM
Definedly needs to cut down on the clangers but if he could string a dozen games together I think he would.
Game hasn't changed enough to pass Fyfe by. He would b a gun in any generation. Guy gets leather poisoning and is the best overheard mark of any midfielder (bar Rockliff) going around. The only thing stopping nat Fyfe is his body. Dt or sc it doesn't matter his stats will transfer. Think his shoulders are just too big a risk this year I the mids

Bartel better overhead mark than both of them ;)

Mat0369

No I mean at his own club the game plan has changed. We still have not seen him play enough under Ross Lyon to know if he will take it the next step fantasy wise. All these previous scores were under Mark Harvey. Ross Lyon has a super defensive game style which might not allow him to get those extra points since his mid groups have always shared the load. I would expect maybe a 105 from Mundy, Barlow and Fyfe with maybe Mundy pushing to the 110 region the way Dal, Hayes and Joey did.

Mat0369

Quote from: quinny88 on March 11, 2013, 01:46:20 AM
Bartel better overhead mark than both of them ;)

Yup.

quinny88

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 11, 2013, 01:47:24 AM
No I mean at his own club the game plan has changed. We still have not seen him play enough under Ross Lyon to know if he will take it the next step fantasy wise. All these previous scores were under Mark Harvey. Ross Lyon has a super defensive game style which might not allow him to get those extra points since his mid groups have always shared the load. I would expect maybe a 105 from Mundy, Barlow and Fyfe with maybe Mundy pushing to the 110 region the way Dal, Hayes and Joey did.

Mundy is an in and under player, an accumulator and a tackler so he will score well regardless of game plan, i expect closer to the 115 mark. Not sure about Fyfe though. I lost interest when he lost his dpp and haven't considered him since really

Mat0369

Quote from: quinny88 on March 11, 2013, 01:52:35 AM
Mundy is an in and under player, an accumulator and a tackler so he will score well regardless of game plan, i expect closer to the 115 mark. Not sure about Fyfe though. I lost interest when he lost his dpp and haven't considered him since really

When Mundy was at his peak it was as a goal kicking mid. He needs to kick goals to score well. In the run he had before he broke his leg, he was hitting the score board.

Dayze

i gotta be honest, i think mundy is a little overhyped.
his highest ever average is 107. He has never kicked more than 15 goals in a season and is almost 28.
I do rate him but i dont know where the 115 is coming from...

U havent considered Fyfe quinny? Any player who averages 108 in his second year in the system should b considered.