RMT + Picture of Hot Girls (SFW)

Started by RookieDTer, March 10, 2013, 07:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RookieDTer

Current team:
Goddard, Gibbs, Heppel, Vlaustin, Pittard, Goodes (Stevenson, Terlich)
Swan, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Jack, McVeigh, Wines, Crouch, O'Meara (Mitchell, Viney)
Cox, Currie (Daw, Rowe)
Bartel (to Stevie J after R1), Zorko, Rockliff, Robinson, Roughead, Karnezis (Macaffer, Lee).
$35,100 left... $26,100 after Stevie J takes over from Bartel.

Old team:
Goddard, Gibbs, Heppel, Hartlett, Vlaustin, Goodes (Stevenson, Terlich)
Swan, Pendles, Dangerfield, S.Selwood, J.McVeigh (At least for first two matches!), Wines, K.Mitchell, O'Meara (Crouch, Viney)
Cox, Currie (Rowe, Daw)
Zorko, Rockliff, Robinson, Roughead,Karnezis, Varcoe (Macaffer, Lee)
$6,900 left over.[/b][/size]

Would like Gorringe as R3, for when Currie does not play... but, I figure if Rowe and Daw are not playing, I can just get Roughead as R2 and put Macaffer on the Fwd line. Also, I don't have the cash for Gorringe.

Though, in reality, Macaffer should outscore Gorringe... so, probably am best with the current set up and just get Macaffer on the field when Currie does not play. The rest of the Fwds should be best 22 anyway, so F8 should not be needed --- but is probably the best F8 anyway (Lee).

If Currie does not get enough game time, then, obviously, he would need to move back to the bench at the expense of Daw. There are enough mid-price Fwd options around that I should be able to work that that, even if it is something like downgrading Zorko to Knights/Byrnes/Lyons/Patton and upgrading Daw to a Kreuzer/Mumford type... or, if I have cash, Maric --- assuming Burger does not improve.

My back line is very settled - only recent change has been -Pittard + Vlaustin.

Mids have changed a fair bit >, Swan, Pendles and Danger have been around for a while, so have the five rookies. S.Selwood/McVeigh have been a wide array of different persons... but I want McVeigh due to his amazing opening to the season, and fantastic NAB - and I think Selwood is $50k underpriced.

Rucks went from Burger to Currie - Burger has not played enough, and CUrrie has done amazingly well.

Fwds have changed a billion times... but, fairly happy with them now.

Yes, I have another RMT thread, BUT, that was made Feb 16, and has *10* of the same players as this current team.

Also, I made the last two posts in there, and no-one responded:P... and they are now irrelevant comments. However, FYI, it was:
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,72184.15.html

FYI, the original team was:
Backs:
Goddard, Gibbs, Henderson, Sellar, Talia, Dawson (Pittard, Docherty)
Mids:
Ablett, Beams, Dangerfield, Chapman, Johnson Stevie, Monfries, Embley, Wines (Crouch, Viney)
Rucks:
Cox, Leuenberger (Osborn, Moller)
Fwd:
Roughead J, Walker, Cloke, Jenkins, Varcoe, Byrnes (Jaksch, Macaffer)
Bolded = no longer there:)

Windigo

Where dafuq is my hot girls?  >:(

QuoteGoddard, Gibbs, Heppel, Hartlett, Vlaustin, Goodes (Stevenson, Terlich)
Swan, Pendles, Dangerfield, S.Selwood, J.McVeigh (At last for first two matches!), Wines, K.Mitchell, O'Meara (Crouch, Viney)
Cox, Currie (Rowe, Daw)
Zorko, Rockliff, Robinson, Roughead,Karnezis, Varcoe (Macaffer, Lee)

Like the look of the back line. G.G.H.H is a very solid defense.  8)

Mids could work, but I'm not a huge fan of S.S. I'd prefer somebody else. McVeigh is a great pickup given his form and draw early.  ;)

Currie at R2 I don't like. Goldy when on song can edge Currie out of the team. Given the new trade rule, the risks are less I suppose.. :-\ Rowe won't get games, many anyway IMO.

Great FWD line, not keen on Varcoe anymore. Hasn't shown much and won't/might not be a big enough possession winner to get enough points for DT.

Overall, solid squad with not many weak points. The rucks could be dodgy, but Currie has been slaying. So good luck with the strategy!

RookieDTer

Quote from: Windigo on March 10, 2013, 07:22:28 PM
Where dafuq is my hot girls?  >:(
I had some trouble, fixed:P

Like the look of the back line. G.G.H.H is a very solid defense.  8)

Mids could work, but I'm not a huge fan of S.S. I'd prefer somebody else. McVeigh is a great pickup given his form and draw early.  ;)

Currie at R2 I don't like. Goldy when on song can edge Currie out of the team. Given the new trade rule, the risks are less I suppose.. :-\ Rowe won't get games, many anyway IMO.

Great FWD line, not keen on Varcoe anymore. Hasn't shown much and won't/might not be a big enough possession winner to get enough points for DT.

Overall, solid squad with not many weak points. The rucks could be dodgy, but Currie has been slaying. So good luck with the strategy!
Cheers for your thoughts - pretty much echoing mine (except, I'm a massive S.Selwood 2013 fan).

Rucks/Fwds are a calculated risk that may or may not work out well for me.

Currie is certainly the weakest link.... but, at least there is the short-price upgrade option of Burger, if he does well... or the band-aid fix of Roughead to ruck, Macaffer onto the field and Rowe onto Fwd pine instead of Ruck pine.

Varcoe was disappointing, so was Byrnes and Knights.... they have all come and gone. As early as Friday night I was still talking them up, but, alas. Gone. At least since I kept one, I can easily side-ways trade if required. Still, a 70 out of Varcoe is not unrealistic... and if so, his price will still rise decently.

Yea, Rowe is only there for DPP linkage, really. ALso, started out alright. Could certainly play 12 games.... but, yea, likely to put Macaffer on and move Roughy up if required.

ben0-1985

looks reasonably solid.

personally though I wouldn't go with S.S.

like u said though, ur a major fan n that's fine :)

RookieDTer

Quote from: ben0-1985 on March 10, 2013, 09:37:36 PM
looks reasonably solid.

personally though I wouldn't go with S.S.

like u said though, ur a major fan n that's fine :)
Cheers - I could probably be convinced to go -Selwood + Murphy..... but where do I get the $12k from?

Vlaustin to Pittard?

So, -Selwood, -Vlaustin +Murphy +Pittard?

Pittard has had a crap NAB cup, and Murphy was recently tagged out of NAB3 easily..... think it is a much of a muchness, really.

ben0-1985

I like vlasutin a lot!!!! I originally had pittard but jumped off.

Murphy didn't handle the tag at all last week. but he has been a proven DTer over the last few yrs. gotta remember when Judd comes back, he will get no1 tag which will put less pressure on Murphy....

ben0-1985

-Wines +M.Jones might free up enough to -S.S +Murphy

Toga

Not a bad looking team mate! I'm not ballsy enough to start currie as r2 but you seem pretty set on it so i won't try talk you out of it :P

One change I would consider would be:
Robinson -> Dusty
Selwood -> Deledio/Cotchin/Watson

Would just give your mids a bit more power imo 8)

ben0-1985

Quote from: Toga on March 10, 2013, 11:34:08 PM
Not a bad looking team mate! I'm not ballsy enough to start currie as r2 but you seem pretty set on it so i won't try talk you out of it :P

Robinson -> Dusty

prefer Robbo over Dusty. Had Dusty last season n his sh@tful scores cost me a few close games.....

Toga

I'd also prefer robbo but if getting him allows Selwood to be upgraded then I think it's worth swapping him for Dusty.

Also think Dusty will be more consistent this year with maturity and probably playing higher up the ground

RookieDTer

Quote from: Toga on March 11, 2013, 12:03:01 AM
I'd also prefer robbo but if getting him allows Selwood to be upgraded then I think it's worth swapping him for Dusty.

Also think Dusty will be more consistent this year with maturity and probably playing higher up the ground
Hmmm, http://dreamteamtalk.com/2013/01/30/scott-selwood-deck-of-dream-team-2013/ is quite a good writeup.... A King rating is certainly quite high.

Wellingham being injured is a tad annoying, because that increase liklihood of S.Selwood tagging for the first few weeks.... but, I reckon he is in for a great season. Would like Murphy as well though, but that would require -McVeigh, surely McVeigh is the biggest shoe in, given he has both expansion clubs in the first two weeks and topped Sydney's DT score in pre-season, and is cheap!

Phasir

Quote from: ben0-1985 on March 10, 2013, 11:55:20 PM
Quote from: Toga on March 10, 2013, 11:34:08 PM

Robinson -> Dusty

prefer Robbo over Dusty. Had Dusty last season n his sh@tful scores cost me a few close games.....
Dusty well and truly over Robinson, but I agree that Scooter is destined for a big year, maybe start JPK or Jack over him for the first 2-3 rounds though, that would cover for his possible low tagging scores & the swan mids should beast it up over their first rounds.

RookieDTer

Dusty well and truly over Robinson, but I agree that Scooter is destined for a big year, maybe start JPK or Jack over him for the first 2-3 rounds though, that would cover for his possible low tagging scores & the swan mids should beast it up over their first rounds.
Not sure about Dusty over Robbo...

But, yea, starting another Swan may be a great idea.

Just swapped S.Selwood for K.Jack.

I have McVeigh at $470k, so, hopefully can upgrade him to Murphy or Selwood in the not too distant future - Round 4?

RookieDTer

Sigh, I thought I stopped changing... I was wrong:
Swan, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Jack, McVeigh, Wines, Crouch, O'Meara (Mitchell, Viney)
Cox, Currie (Daw, Rowe)
Bartel (to Stevie J after R1), Zorko, Rockliff, Robinson, Roughead, Karnezis (Macaffer, Lee).

Colliwobblers

Quote from: RookieDTer on March 17, 2013, 08:50:28 PM
Sigh, I thought I stopped changing... I was wrong:
Cox, Currie (Daw, Rowe)

Start Roughead in the ruck and macaffer on the fwd field.

Strong side - a little unique, standard backline, solid midfield with some possible early bolters there. would like to see it deeper but can't have everything. Super fwd line, ruck is no good with currie on the field but with macaffer on the fwd bench you have the luxury of playing rhead in the ruck and him on the ground fwd.

looks very good mate, just like the pics. gave you a cheer for the girls, the team, and the cleverness of requesting a team rating and offering something in return :)

good luck for the season. GET YOUR ROOKS RIGHT - if you trade to stevie j round 2 that is smart but it is one less trade you have to fix rooks so try get them right when teams are named round 1.