Bartel
8 (18.2%)
Lewis
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

sammy123

Which one is your pick?

current FWD line is.

buddy,cox,rocky,-,karnezis,macaffer(kerridge,neade)

can afforx from walker downwards

GoLions

Are you going for league or overall? If league then SJ, if overall then I would go one of Zorko, Bartel, or Lewis.

tbagrocks

Walker will ave close to 110 so ...

GoLions

Quote from: tbagrocks on March 10, 2013, 09:23:59 PM
You think so? I just think that as a KPP, he'll get too many of those sub 80 scores which will prevent him from getting that kind of average. I'd be surprised if he ended the year with an average >95. In saying that, if Adelaide do really well again this year and he isn't constantly double teamed, he could definitely go 100-105. I guess it will depend on how much support he gets from the other forwards.

Knowall

I doubt Walker will get double teamed very often as they will still have Jenkins who is 200cm in the forward, so a tall defender will need to be placed him.  Adelaide also have quite a few other smaller forwards such Porplyzia, Callinan etc.

We are just seeing the start of Walker, he is still young and very talented and athletic.  I feel, like Buddy he is an exception to the KPP rule because at the end of the day hell end up averaging very well.

Walker gets my vote.

Bartel and Zorko are tied for second

sammy123

tbagrocks

Quote from: GoLions16 on March 10, 2013, 09:36:15 PM
You think so? I just think that as a KPP, he'll get too many of those sub 80 scores which will prevent him from getting that kind of average. I'd be surprised if he ended the year with an average >95. In saying that, if Adelaide do really well again this year and he isn't constantly double teamed, he could definitely go 100-105. I guess it will depend on how much support he gets from the other forwards.
Except he went at 100 last year with only a glimps of what he can do! With or without Kurt he's going well over 100

GoLions

Quote from: tbagrocks on March 10, 2013, 11:05:45 PM
Quote from: GoLions16 on March 10, 2013, 09:36:15 PM
Except he went at 100 last year with only a glimps of what he can do! With or without Kurt he's going well over 100
I'm not saying he's not a great player, I would definitely put him in the top 5 current forwards of the competition. I just don't know whether his scores will increase or decrease with Tippett gone.

Quote from: Knowall on March 10, 2013, 10:24:45 PM
We are just seeing the start of Walker, he is still young and very talented and athletic.  I feel, like Buddy he is an exception to the KPP rule because at the end of the day hell end up averaging very well.
Doesn't buddy get midfield time though? I don't know how often, but I know he does play in the mids every so often, which would boost his scores by 10+ppg you would think.

Please keep in mind, I'm not saying Walker is bad, I rate him very highly, just not convinced that he will do as well as some people are saying he will.

Mat0369

Watching Tex play Carlton, he reminds me of a certain Carlton forward. He is a long accurate kick at goal from outside 50 and can take contested marks. There is no reason he could not add at least another 5 points per game to his average.

I also saw Chappy play on the weekend. He still has the penetration in his kicks and was kicking goals. I think it is a bit of a write him off at your own peril

Knowall

Quote from: GoLions16 on March 10, 2013, 11:11:36 PM

Doesn't buddy get midfield time though? I don't know how often, but I know he does play in the mids every so often, which would boost his scores by 10+ppg you would think.

Please keep in mind, I'm not saying Walker is bad, I rate him very highly, just not convinced that he will do as well as some people are saying he will.
Maybe i only saw buddy playing a very small portion of time in the midfield and to be honest despite what everyone thinks about mids scoring better, Buddy probably scores just as well forward or pushing mids.  Walker sometimes pushes up quite far up the ground on the wings and sometimes plays outside the goal square, dont think it effects his scoring too much either way.

I know my opinion means little but Walker seems like something pretty special and i can see him having massive impacts on games (last years finals) which normally corresponds to good SC scores

Only con with Walker is that he can be slightly reckless and is at risk of suspension