A. Swallow
6 (14.3%)
S. Mitchell
5 (11.9%)

Total Members Voted: 1

GoLions

Quote from: RookieDTer on March 10, 2013, 10:37:28 PM
No love for Dangerfield!?

Is Swallow really going to get more than Danger? Really? I can't see it.
When did someone say that Swallow would do better than the Dangerman? :P
He just wasn't listed as an option, possibly because this guy already has him.

powersuperkents

My order assuming you already have Redden:

1. Murphy, I think should easily get 110+ unless he is constantly tagged but even then he will eventually adapt to it
2. Selwood, Super consistent and capable to average anywhere between 103-109

The rest is hard because if it was me I wouldn't even consider them for starters in my team and rather upgrade targets for M6, 7 and 8

3. Swallow, Unique and see the potential can average anywhere between 98-110 I think. Just not predictable enough, a real risk
4. Mitchell, I would trust him over Swallow due to his past few years (102, 100, 112 & 101). But really he has no desire and it is unlikely he will average 110+. I think your better off with taking the risk with Swallow rather than settle for a 100-103 average
5. Tuck & Kennedy, Had Tuck in 2010 and really pissed me off. I don't think he'll average 100 and rather anywhere between 50-99, unless like I stated below it was a change in coaching style because then he does take 5 and Kennedy will take 6th.

Kennedy on the other hand just doesn't have any appeal at all, yes his average has been building but no way will be bust out a 120 average. He racks up in supercoach (seriously he's a gun) but in dream team his scores consist of 80's and 90's and then the occasional 150. It's was like he was struggling and fighting to just break past the 100 average last year with the last push scores of 153, 114 & 113 after a score of 57 in round 19. I just don't believe in Sydney Swans players in dreamteam. The way they play football makes them a star team (a good thing in real life) but in dreamteam you'd rather players from a team of stars. Like West Coast all there players average in the 90's they all struggle to get the 100 every week always falling short or just managing a 100 average (Scott Selwood was a pain in my ass last year) and I would compare having Kennedy in your team the equivalent of having Dean Cox in the midfield if that was possible (it's just not an appealing idea). Choose Kennedy and I guarantee every week you'll be dreading that either he'll stuff up (83, 81, 76, 57), not serve his purpose as a premo (94, 94, 95, 96, 94, 99, 99, 98) and hoping he has a rare break (136, 149, 114, 101, 117, 153, 114, 113 (the last three being the final three, the problem is he'll risk your chance to even reach the finals in the first place). I guarantee you, pick him and half the time his average will be in the 90's the other half of the time it will be in the early 100's. Unstable players are not good in the midfield. They are frustrating and constantly annoy you. This is my history with them:

2009:
-

2010:
Kade Simpson - 101.3 (trust me it didn't feel like he actually averaged 100, never chose again)
Shane Tuck - 96 (traded him in for Boyd!!!!!!! never chose again)
Adam Selwood - 92 (never chose again)
Brent Stanton - 99.5 (irritated me and never chose again)

2011:     
Liam Shiels - 103 (did quite well, at one stage averaged 110+ and then just plummeted and never chose again)
Leigh Montagna - 98 (the only one who was quite consistent, have no hard feelings towards but doesn't look like I'll be choosing him again)

2012:
Tom Rockliff - 93 (had him the year before, loved him, in the end I played Gibson over him in my Grand Final, In my team this year because DPP but would of most likely chosen him anyway (very fond)
Brad Ebert - 99.4 (considering his price he was good because I traded him to Cotchin at the end of the season but never again)
Scott Selwood - 97.7 (hate him, brought him at his most expensive and then his price dropped so low I couldn't trade him to anyone descent (same story with Rockliff) he scored a 120 in the grand final but that didn't make up for his season, Never Again!!!)

Go Kennedy at your own risk but if your going to get a midfielder only choose them if you truly think they can score a <99 score every week... You should feel as confident about their weekly score as you'd feel about players like Redden (still feel like he can pump out the 100's), Pendlebury, Watson and Boyd. I think if you don't choose Murphy, Selwood or Swallow as a POD you have made a bad decision. Don't risk it because there's nothing worse than a midfield who isn't consistent. People may say Kennedy's scores were good but if they don't score 100 every week they're not worth $500k   

Toga

I see your points psk but don't think tuck will be between 50-90 like you say.

Would've been an awesome pick last year and will be the same this year, just a bit pricier. Since 2009 a lot has changed. Hard wick loves him, and so his JS has increased paramount since '09 - back then he was struggling for games and was a vest candidate a lot of the time. With the emergence of Cotchin and Deledio as well, he will never get attention from the opposition.

I've got him averaging between 107-110 this year 8)

Phasir

I have Murphy, however Andy Swallow has been a beast this off-season & could make that jump from 100 up to 110

Sweetness

I would also say Murphy.
However JPK has an easy draw to start with, possibility to start him and after 2/3 rounds trade to the one that looks the best...

Holz

I had murphy in my team but the tagging worry has got to em. Murphy out of these guys. But I personally found the extra cahs to bring in a watson or lids. just think they can go 5-10 more than all these guys.

Ricochet

Just on Murphy getting tagged...
IMO the best of the best are Crowley, Raines and Jones

His fixture is Richmond (113, 116 last year), Collingwood (139), Geelong (Nil but 121 year before), WCE (Nil but 111, 120 year before), Adelaide (27 injured but 126 year before), Melbourne (Nil but 145 and 87 year before), Saints

Thats 4 price rises before he gets to a quality tagger

Toga

Ricochet