Anyone starting with this under-priced FWD? Hardly mentioned..

Started by Shanus_, March 10, 2013, 03:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanus_

Josh Kennedy from the Eagles? Not just because he kicked 5 yesterday and scored 85, I guess that is the worrying sign.. Kicked 5 and only managed 85, having said that he got 3 behinds which could of easily been more points?

He averaged 79.4, two years ago when he dominated up forward.. With the shower forward rookies I'm thinking of starting him, LeCras and Karnezis as F4-6 with MaCaffer and Lee/Neade on the pine?

Thoughts?

elephants

I have a rule against picking KPP forwards. Even the great man JJK can't make me break it.

Pass for me but I obviously hope he does well.

betch ya

Quote from: Shanus_ on March 10, 2013, 03:00:44 PM
Josh Kennedy from the Eagles? Not just because he kicked 5 yesterday and scored 85, I guess that is the worrying sign.. Kicked 5 and only managed 85, having said that he got 3 behinds which could of easily been more points?

He averaged 79.4, two years ago when he dominated up forward.. With the shower forward rookies I'm thinking of starting him, LeCras and Karnezis as F4-6 with MaCaffer and Lee/Neade on the pine?

Thoughts?

he looked pretty good last night, lead up well. he dropped an uncontestsed chest mark just inside 50 in the opening minutes of the game - would normally expect him to take those marks in the main season when hes not quite as rusty. would have at least 6 more points possibly 12 if he goaled it too, he earnt himself a spot in my team after that performance

Pokerface

No.

I have him in some of the other competition types, but DT is the least kpp-friendly scoring system there is.

NFI Police

james sellar kicked 5 against Port last week...form line not good

Toga

Depends how many mid-pricers I go with in my fwd line in the end but I have Karny locked at this stage and have Petterd ahead of him as well... Not for my current structure but I think he holds more value than Varcoe & Byrnes for sure

Andrew

It's still his difficult fixtures early on working against him for me. Eagles play Freo in the first weekend of Round 1, then play Hawthorn. I can't see either of those teams letting Kennedy kicks 5 goals and/or letting him get enough of the ball to warrant selection. He'll probably score back-to-back 60s, then Round 3 watch him closely because he might be more worthwhile after the tough start...

Pokerface

Windigo

Noz

I only like having 1 key forward in my team at any giving time but with me deciding not to start with Franklin I will start with Kennedy

Eagles have a good opening 12 rounds I believe Kennedy will be leading the Coleman by then

Aaron8

currently have him locked with Karnezis, Unless Varcoe,Byrnes,Pettard can show they are worthy

Insider out

Yes have him locked ATM - think he is worth the extra from the othr mid prices - dont like Knights job security..

pommyadam

i'm always against picking players that rely on a lot of goals to score well