2nd Ruck??

Started by POK252, March 10, 2013, 09:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POK252

I'm thinking of trading Berger unless he plays and shows something next week. Got COx as R1 but then not sure who to go with at R2. My top pick atm is probably Jacobs because of consistency and durability. Any thoughts?? :)

billnats

If you have the money... Roughy

Toga

My plan is either:
a) Sub Roughy into the rucks, trade Berger to a mid-pricer fwd (probably Knights/Kennedy)
or
b) Deledio -> Fyfe and Leu -> Stef Martin

But agree with you, might be a case of too little too late for the Berger :-X

Insider out

dont discount lobbe - port has a good start to the year, he should be no1 ruck and has had his best pre season in ages. he average 90 in 7 games or so a couple of years back and priced at mid 3's is an option

RookieDTer

If Berger was not so popular, I'd probably have got rid of him by now..... but half the people you go against will have Burger.... so, its not as devastating if he has a bad game.

Currie is getting 88 points from 100 minutes (91 in total) for NAB 1 & 2, then backed it up with 77 points from 75% of the game in NAB 3, being second highest Nth Melbourne scorer. Realistically, for a ruckman, this is perfectly acceptable - let alone one under $110k.

Thus, could do Cox and Currie as R1 and R2 - someone like Daw as R4 and Rowe remaining as a valuable R3 dpp (Roughead in Fwd line) - would just depend on how I can use the extra $100k or whatever it is to go from Berger to Daw.

In my case, think I could go -Monfries + Zorko

Ricochet

If you wanted to take a risk, I'd be looking at Mumford. With another game under his belt next week he should be ready to go RD1 and has a very good early draw

Insider out

Quote from: RookieDTer on March 10, 2013, 01:03:26 PM
If Berger was not so popular, I'd probably have got rid of him by now..... but half the people you go against will have Burger.... so, its not as devastating if he has a bad game.

Currie is getting 88 points from 100 minutes (91 in total) for NAB 1 & 2, then backed it up with 77 points from 75% of the game in NAB 3, being second highest Nth Melbourne scorer. Realistically, for a ruckman, this is perfectly acceptable - let alone one under $110k.

Thus, could do Cox and Currie as R1 and R2 - someone like Daw as R4 and Rowe remaining as a valuable R3 dpp (Roughead in Fwd line) - would just depend on how I can use the extra $100k or whatever it is to go from Berger to Daw.

think this is a great option but surely he wont keep up that scoring with gody as r1..... they love goldy

RookieDTer

Quote from: Insider out on March 10, 2013, 05:43:22 PM
Quote from: RookieDTer on March 10, 2013, 01:03:26 PM

think this is a great option but surely he wont keep up that scoring with gody as r1..... they love goldy
Sure, but, in the first 6 weeks, do you see Leunberger outscoring Currie by $120k? I have decided that is very unlikely, and now have Currie as R1.

If he misses a game, there are so many options. As long as one of my Fwd or Ruck rookies play, no issues... thanks to Rowe's DPP.

Daw might get a game, Rowe might get a game.... Macaffer or Lee will likely get a game.

Worse comes to worse, two trades a week rewards those taking risks.

Windigo

Be careful going with a hot Currie, you could get burned.  8)