Main Menu

Alex Johnsons suspected ACL tear

Started by My Chumps, March 09, 2013, 11:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

From the Swans facebook page:

"Swans coach John Longmire confirms defender Alex Johnson has suffered a suspected ACL tear.

Very disappointing news for AJ."

This sucks. Loved his work, especially in the first half of that Grand Final. A major setback if true :(

Nige

Really like this guy, big fan actually. That'd be the 2nd ACL this round after Suckers, right? Almost went a full NAB Cup without a serious injury then 2 on the final day...

Who's his likely replacement?

Jroo

Shocking news, he has been great since he was drafted. Who will replace him though?

My Chumps

I'm suspecting Armstrong will take is spot in the back six as he's ready for AFL and banging on the door. But if we're looking more defensive, Lockyer is of a similiar build and plays more like AJ.

Stupid NAB cup  :'(

Jroo

Quote from: My Chumps on March 09, 2013, 11:13:09 PM
I'm suspecting Armstrong will take is spot in the back six as he's ready for AFL and banging on the door. But if we're looking more defensive, Lockyer is of a similiar build and plays more like AJ.

Stupid NAB cup  :'(
Yeah thanks for that, wouldn't mind seeing Armstorng be given a crack, I reckon he's a decent player.

Samm79

I think Mattner will play his role and Malceski drop back from the wing, don't think there will be a new blood blooded as a result of this.

Grazz

More bad news, terrible weekend for ACL's with 2 of them, in nothing games aswell. Sorry to hear that.

Capper

Flower, just got home and saw the news. Bad luck for the kid, he really performed last year.
Quote from: Grazz on March 09, 2013, 11:21:02 PM
More bad news, terrible weekend for ACL's with 2 of them, in nothing games aswell. Sorry to hear that.
Wow both grandfinalists lost backs this weekend to ACL injuries.

Capper

Quote from: Samm79 on March 09, 2013, 11:17:13 PM
I think Mattner will play his role and Malceski drop back from the wing, don't think there will be a new blood blooded as a result of this.
i tend to agree with you and then if we need a tall back LRT will go back, Eski to the wing and a mid will then rotate with a fwd.

This now makes it interesting to see who comes in for him though in the best 22. Armstrong, Everitt and White will fight it out with Lockyer and Brown for that spot in the 22.

When Tippett comes into the team, he now doesnt necessarily come in for Pyke any more. LRT will go back and the resting ruckman will go forward

Capper

Its now a wait and see regarding AJ and Rohan and whether they are placed on the LTI list or not.

Rampe would be the first player elevated with Biggs 2nd IMO

BB67th

I would assume both would be placed on the LTI tabs? Doesn't seem much point leaving them on the senior list when you might as well promote another rookie to the team.

Capper

Quote from: BB67th on March 10, 2013, 06:40:55 PM
I would assume both would be placed on the LTI tabs? Doesn't seem much point leaving them on the senior list when you might as well promote another rookie to the team.
you would think so but still no word from the Swans. That is if we use either spot to elevate

Jay

Quote from: tabs on March 10, 2013, 12:58:33 AM
Wow both grandfinalists Jayman's AXV team lost backs this weekend to ACL injuries.
Fixed mate

Sad to see, really like this kid - loved his work in the Finals Series!

Capper

Johnson weighs up options as ACL tear confirmed

QuoteSydney Swans defender Alex Johnson will fly home to Melbourne this week to contemplate his options after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in Saturday night’s NAB Cup clash with the Gold Coast Suns.

The 21-year-old, who has played 45 games since making his debut in 2011, is yet to make a decision about whether he will undergo a traditional reconstruction or opt for LARS surgery on his injured left knee.

Capper

Johnson 'tough to replace'

QuoteTEAMMATES "heard a snap" when Alex Johnson injured his knee on Saturday night and the Sydney Swans admit it will be tough to replace the young defender if it's confirmed a knee reconstruction is required.

Johnson slumped to the turf in the first quarter of the match against the Gold Coast in Blacktown. The club believes he has ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament.