If Currie at R2...

Started by billnats, March 09, 2013, 10:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pokerface

So if Currie did happen to get named rd 1 and you slot him in as R2, and you have Rowe as R3, who is R4? Are both ruck bench spots non-playing?

quinny88

Quote from: Pokerface on March 10, 2013, 02:34:46 AM
So if Currie did happen to get named rd 1 and you slot him in as R2, and you have Rowe as R3, who is R4? Are both ruck bench spots non-playing?

Even if he is named round 1 you would also need Goldy to not be playing for it to be a viable option or he wouldnt score anywhere near well enough to be your r2. So baisically the only way that will happen is if Goldy has an injury between now and round 1.
As far as R4 goes the only one I can think of is Blicav. Not that convincing but seeings all of Geelongs rucks are currently injured he may just get early games by default lol. Not sure on when they are due back though

Mat0369

Quote from: quinny88 on March 10, 2013, 02:41:59 AM
Even if he is named round 1 you would also need Goldy to not be playing for it to be a viable option or he wouldnt score anywhere near well enough to be your r2. So baisically the only way that will happen is if Goldy has an injury between now and round 1.
As far as R4 goes the only one I can think of is Blicav. Not that convincing but seeings all of Geelongs rucks are currently injured he may just get early games by default lol. Not sure on when they are due back though

Blicavs is a mid only in SC.

quinny88

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 10, 2013, 02:46:11 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on March 10, 2013, 02:41:59 AM

Blicavs is a mid only in SC.

Oh really? Sorry I didnt realise. Probably Witts or Daw would be a chance of getting games early

Mat0369

Quote from: quinny88 on March 10, 2013, 02:47:15 AM
Oh really? Sorry I didnt realise. Probably Witts or Daw would be a chance of getting games early

Yeah kind of ridiculous when you think about it. I would go with Witts, the Pies look to be playing him a fair bit. Then again like Currie, I don't think they will carry Jolly and Witts. All this hype over Currie when he got a lot of hit outs that went nowhere against Blicvas. Two weeks ago it was Blicwho

billnats

At the moment R3 and R4 is Rowe/Daw.
Rowe allows me to push Cox into Ruck. I have a 5 prem forward lime so don't lose much if I do.
If Currie plays, Goldy won't.

bottlemart

Curries had 3 very good games, against Geelong, CGS, and Richmond.  This follows 2 very good seasons in the NEAFL and the SANFL.

Those of us who have watched him have been very impressed with what we have seen.

Who knows which way the North selectors will go.  It will be a tough decsion for them.

The only question for me is whether it's R2 or R3.  That will depend on a lot of factors, such as how Leuey looks in the NAB GF.  Time will tell.

Dayze

North wouldn't have traded out Mcintosh if they didn't have complete faith in Goldy.

cassius

Quote from: Pokerface on March 10, 2013, 02:34:46 AM

Gorringe?

Cambo

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 10, 2013, 02:51:28 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on March 10, 2013, 02:47:15 AM

Yeah kind of ridiculous when you think about it. I would go with Witts, the Pies look to be playing him a fair bit. Then again like Currie, I don't think they will carry Jolly and Witts. All this hype over Currie when he got a lot of hit outs that went nowhere against Blicvas. Two weeks ago it was Blicwho
After seeing Witts in the flesh last night for the first time I would say he is still a long way off.  He struggled at most things he did, so cant see him getting a spot any time soon...

Mat0369

I can't see the pies carrying Witts, Jolly and Q-Stick. Grundy when fit would also come in since he can slot in down forward if Lynch was to get injured. Would need Jolly to go down. Vardy is just over 200k and I would expect him to get some games.