If Currie at R2...

Started by billnats, March 09, 2013, 10:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billnats

So after being really impressed by the big man, I think I may take the plunge with him a R2 if selected round 1.
I have Cox as a forward that I can I bring back into rucks (Rowe swap) just in case.

With the extra money I can do the following:
A) Selwood, Swallow, Burger, Robinson
B) JP Kennedy, Fyfe, Roughead, JJ Kennedy

B is the safer option because not sure if I can trust Burger when I'm already taking a risk on Currie! But A looks so tasty!!!

Thoughts?

colmullet

But Goldy wasn't there today, he won't be playing the number 1 ruck if he plays

billnats

They won't both play. It will one or the other and I see more upside with Currie. He can take more of the ruck duty and just have Daw/Petrie as pinch hitters.

Obviously still needs to be named!

colmullet

you really think he has pushed out Goldy and Currie will play enough to be your R2? They rested him this round so they could look at Currie and Daw again.....Goldy is the number 1 ruck and if anything they might play Daw instead as he's better up forward and can pinch hit through the rucks

Mykonos FC

By the way Currie played today (against minimal ruck opposition) was outstanding and the press conference with Scott eluded that Currie is going to 'take his second chance'.

Watch this space.

Superman1978

They didn't rest Goldy he played in the seconds. Looks like Currie is taking his chance.

billnats

Currie is exactly what our (I'm a north fan) young midfield need. An imposing figure that will win most taps to our advantage. Daw can do the around the ground stuff that Goldy was renowned for. As a North person, I would prefer Currie week to week in our ruck.

So hypothetically, A or B??

DoctorRush

Liking this idea more and more ala Jon Giles last year.
Watched his game today and he was great!
Don't mind the idea of spending the cash elsewhere.
I'm even considering going one step more dangerous and going Luey R1 Currie R2 with Cox incase.
Last year I went set and forget, this year I might go the ultimate gamble.

Mykonos FC

The decision for me is:
Either Currie as R2 and a another forward prem

OR

Money spent on R2 and therefore a rookie in the fwds.

I would rather play Currie than a forward rookie so why not play Currie as R2, he'll probably outscore most def and fwd rookies if he gets good game time.

StuL

He's a lock at R2 for me. With rucks so unreliable score wise I don't think there's any point paying 400-450 for a guy to maybe score a few more points. Currie will make a nice cash cow. I can see him taking Goldys spot. Looked awesome against us today. Just about BOG. Couldn't be dropped.

billnats

Quote from: DoctorRush on March 09, 2013, 11:03:07 PM
Liking this idea more and more ala Zac Smith last year.
Watched his game today and he was great!
Don't mind the idea of spending the cash elsewhere.
I'm even considering going one step more dangerous and going Luey R1 Currie R2 with Cox incase.
Last year I went set and forget, this year I might go the ultimate gamble.

Currie/Burger is enticing.

bottlemart

Quote from: StuL on March 09, 2013, 11:25:32 PM
He's a lock at R2 for me. With rucks so unreliable score wise I don't think there's any point paying 400-450 for a guy to maybe score a few more points. Currie will make a nice cash cow. I can see him taking Goldys spot. Looked awesome against us today. Just about BOG. Couldn't be dropped.
I agree StuL.

On current for there is no way North can play this bloke in the VFL.  No way at all.  He has to play as the #1 ruck, and this may mean Goldy has to play VFL.  Majak is more versatile than Goldy and Maj did enough to warrant his place.  He took some very good constested marks and did some good things, so i thnk North will go with Currie and Majak.

Currie will do about 80% of the ruckwork, and he is shaping up as a very good Ruck 2.  Possibly the Giles of 2013.

billnats

So who is everyone's R1 then if Currie is your R2??

bottlemart

Quote from: billnats on March 09, 2013, 11:37:45 PM
So who is everyone's R1 then if Currie is your R2??
Cox

StuL

Quote from: bottlemart on March 09, 2013, 11:35:16 PM
Quote from: StuL on March 09, 2013, 11:25:32 PM
I agree StuL.

On current for there is no way North can play this bloke in the VFL.  No way at all.  He has to play as the #1 ruck, and this may mean Goldy has to play VFL.  Majak is more versatile than Goldy and Maj did enough to warrant his place.  He took some very good constested marks and did some good things, so i thnk North will go with Currie and Majak.

Currie will do about 80% of the ruckwork, and he is shaping up as a very good Ruck 2.  Possibly the Giles of 2013.

Their setup looks nice without Goldy. No need for him. Majak isn't a true ruck but should have a role as a forward who helps Currie out a bit. I can't see how he could be dropped either. Needs games and he'll be a gun.  I've got Berger as no.1 for now with the caveat of having Cox in the forward line and switching him back to ruck if I need him. Rowe on the bench to enable this. I've probably said too much but people will make up their own minds. I think it's a good strategy.