If Currie at R2...

Started by billnats, March 09, 2013, 10:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billnats

As you can see from my first post StuL, I have the same idea.

Cox up forward for mine.

bottlemart

Yes if Burger looks Ok, then Burger/Currie would be on the cards, with Coxy fwd.

tbagrocks

People actually thinking Goldy will be dropped for round one  =  :o

billnats

Lol lets all delete our posts one by one.

Maybe even put up that Goldy is a lock!

hawkers65

WOW! Seriously!!! There's no way Goldy will be dropped. Come Round 1, Goldy and Daw will play and Currie will be dropped.

tbagrocks

Quote from: billnats on March 09, 2013, 11:51:35 PM
Lol lets all delete our posts one by one.

Maybe even put up that Goldy is a lock!

Sounds like a good idea, then people won't be persuaded by shower ;)

billnats

Were you at Geelong today like I was? Currie monstered the cats and provides a lot more than Goldy.
Ill wait to round 1 teams are named before locking him in to my side but you shouldn't be whacking people's thoughts. Probably nothing better do in Adelaide on a Saturday night though!

tbagrocks

Let's just say I have seen Currie play for a few years now ;)

When was the last mature rookie ruckman to out do the No one? ???  right then!

DoctorRush

Quote from: tbagrocks on March 10, 2013, 12:29:52 AM
Let's just say I have seen Currie play for a few years now ;)

When was the last mature rookie ruckman to out do the No one? ???  right then!
Zac Smith & Brogan ??
Or would u just consider Brogan as the back-up?

billnats

Really??
May not be 'rookies' but Giles?
Remember a bloke called Maric that you lot discarded??

Ohh what about the Canadian bloke called Pyke? Only a former international rookie who is now a premiership winner. Back in your hole please

StuL

Quote from: billnats on March 10, 2013, 12:33:58 AM
Really??
May not be 'rookies' but Giles?
Remember a bloke called Maric that you lot discarded??

Ohh what about the Canadian bloke called Pyke? Only a former international rookie who is now a premiership winner. Back in your hole please

They're a bit slow in Adelaide  ;D

quinny88

Quote from: billnats on March 10, 2013, 12:24:27 AM
Were you at Geelong today like I was? Currie monstered the cats and provides a lot more than Goldy.
Ill wait to round 1 teams are named before locking him in to my side but you shouldn't be whacking people's thoughts. Probably nothing better do in Adelaide on a Saturday night though!

Yeah and who was he against mate? Some kid.
Currie wont play round 1. They arent going to drop Goldstein haha. Scott said in his press conference during the week that he sees goldy as an All Australian Ruckman and they just wanted to see if Currie could handle the ruck without goldys help. Its the nab cup, thats what those sort of experiments are for

billnats

Fair point. Could only play what was in front of him.
Last week's 20 hit outs against Zac Smith was super impressive and that was sharing the ruck with Goldy (albeit limited time for Goldy).

If I doesn't happen round 1, it will happen by the end of the year IMO. Hopefully for SC strategy it happens early  ;D

quinny88

Quote from: billnats on March 10, 2013, 12:58:31 AM
Fair point. Could only play what was in front of him.
Last week's 20 hit outs against Zac Smith was super impressive and that was sharing the ruck with Goldy (albeit limited time for Goldy).

If I doesn't happen round 1, it will happen by the end of the year IMO. Hopefully for SC strategy it happens early  ;D

yeah he is a mountain of a man and will always win hitouts but you have to remember how good Goldstein can be and people forget Goldy is only 24. Thats not even the prime for a ruckman. They hold him in high regard at North. Currie will play games here and there but unless Goldy gets injured I wouldnt start Currie at R2

tbagrocks

Stupidity runs through this thread ::)

Smith and Giles really ???  who didn't trade either at the end? ???

Implying either could be better than Berger = stupidity

Stupid victorians ::)