Main Menu

Martin

Started by Blues Blues Blues, March 09, 2013, 03:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

If you exclude the last game where he did his hammy early in the game, he averaged 103 in the back half of the season..
He is now a year older, in the top 5 runners at the club and in a team on the rise (fingers crossed)
Jump on board ;)

23rookie23

hahaha bow to quinny the man that can never let an opinion he oposes stand without his own comment and as he has been posting for a year on what is largley known as a noob site he is well respected LOL

Grazz

Quote from: 23rookie23 on March 10, 2013, 02:51:30 PM
hahaha bow to quinny the man that can never let an opinion he oposes stand without his own comment and as he has been posting for a year on what is largley known as a noob site he is well respected LOL

Largely known as a noob site, what do you mean by that exactly.

quinny88

Quote from: 23rookie23 on March 10, 2013, 02:51:30 PM

What are you on about?  :o
Is me saying that players don't play at 100% in the nab cup such an out there statement is it? 99% of football followers know this incase you didn't realise.. Of course I'm going to argue a point that is blatantly obvious.

And how is this a noob site? You're on it aren't ya  ::) peanut

tor01doc

Love your opinions Quinny but if I agreed with your opinion on Martin, then we'd both be wrong.  :P

quinny88

Quote from: tor01doc on March 10, 2013, 03:09:11 PM
Love your opinions Quinny but if I agreed with your opinion on Martin, then we'd both be wrong.  :P

This isn't even about Martin anymore. Most people are split on him but the debate now is weather everyone playing in the nab cup is giving 100%? The answer is clearly, no

tor01doc

Obviously.

Whoever argues that has NFI.

quinny88

Quote from: tor01doc on March 10, 2013, 03:16:18 PM
Obviously.

Whoever argues that has NFI.

Well have a click through the this thread.. Apparently there's a few of them out there  :o

pikla

Quote from: quinny88 on March 10, 2013, 03:14:46 PM
Quote from: tor01doc on March 10, 2013, 03:09:11 PM

This isn't even about Martin anymore. Most people are split on him but the debate now is weather everyone playing in the nab cup is giving 100%? The answer is clearly, no

+1

Also re Martin, had him last year, and like many others put him on the 'never again' list but funnily enough he is currently in my squad. The thing that makes him so attractive is that we know for a fact that he has no problem getting the pill. So often last year he would be on 60-80 at half time and then go missing in the second half. If he can just get so more consistency and not drift out of games for long periods so regularly I have no doubt he will be a top 6 fwd. For me It's not a matter of if but when which is why I think he is worth the risk as I don't want to miss the boat when he finally gets it together.
As for the rumours re Martin, yes it put me off early but you know what, no risk no reward. Taking risks are a part of SC and I dont think one should be discouraged based on rumours, especially condisering we have more trades this year.

While we are on premium fwds anyone considering Lewis? Doesn't seem to be getting much love this year

Vincent

He is getting caught holding the ball way too much and his disposal has been shower. I am taking him in dt but not sc

Dayze

Never had an issue with ur opinions Quinny. One of the better minds on this site, which in my opinion is the best fantasy forum I have found. Some haters should b a ill bit more respectful to senior voices.
And as a side note it is an absolute fact that u should never take too much notice of nab games when picking ur premos. Fact

TeeJay

Agree with quinny also. If people really think that players are going to play as hard as they can in a meaningless pre season game then they are dreaming