Main Menu

Martin

Started by Blues Blues Blues, March 09, 2013, 03:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mykonos FC

Look at Ablett and Swan - they have looked disinterested so far in the NAB Cup games they have played but come Round 1 you know they'll smash it.

It's obvious, of course the gun players ease into the season whereas the NAB Cup for the younger players is where you see guys like Karnezis killing it.

quinny88

Quote from: 23rookie23 on March 10, 2013, 10:07:39 AM
I was not going to post anything here but Quinny everyone is entitled to their opinion and your one eyed stubborness to the point of disrespecting a former SANFL player pretty much sums you up!

Your examples are rubish with crystal ball assumptions of this team "would" beat this team if it wasn't NAB etc. If your that good then quit your job and become a professional punter mate!

Cuz the day any footy player hears that siren and does not give 100% at the contest they can hang up their boots. Yes players are managed and this is nothing new. Player management is not just NAB its the entire year.

Anyone that thinks an AFL player or any player worth their salt would look at a 50/50 and think "na I am not hitting that as I might get hurt and quinny said its just NAB" is kidding them selves. You may as well say a Shark would turn its nose away from a bleeding fish in the ocean.

Disrespecting a SANFL player? Haha turn it up. Who knows if he even played in the SANFL and even if he did that doesn't make his opinion any more valid than mine mate. I didn't say they weigh up each contest they go to and consciously think "I'm not going hard for that coz its nab cub" but subconsciously they are not as interested in the game as a whole! Why would they be

quinny88

Quote from: Mykonos FC on March 10, 2013, 11:31:21 AM
Look at Ablett and Swan - they have looked disinterested so far in the NAB Cup games they have played but come Round 1 you know they'll smash it.

It's obvious, of course the gun players ease into the season whereas the NAB Cup for the younger players is where you see guys like Karnezis killing it.

Exactly right mate. Some people obviously like to think footy players are switched on and giving their all every game they play but it's just not the case. Didn't know anyone actually thought they were  ::)

Mykonos FC

I know! haha

Imagine if the guns went at 100% for their NAB Cup matches... some big scores would be posted  ::)

hawkers65

Quote from: quinny88 on March 10, 2013, 11:35:38 AM
Quote from: Mykonos FC on March 10, 2013, 11:31:21 AM

Exactly right mate. Some people obviously like to think footy players are switched on and giving their all every game they play but it's just not the case. Didn't know anyone actually thought they were  ::)

+1, So many people have no clue about footy!

NFI Police

Hate to say it Quinny, but you sound like Caroline Wilson..Richmond Supporter, Think you are always right, never entertain any one elses opinion and have probably never played a competitive game of football in your life. Mate this is an open forum where people are entitled to their opinions!! If your sole purpose is to try crush everyone elses opinions to make yourself feel superior then eventually you will be posting to yourself on here as everyone will get bored with you as I have now...enjoy posting to yourself champ..

quinny88

Quote from: NFI Police on March 10, 2013, 12:19:36 PM
Hate to say it Quinny, but you sound like Caroline Wilson..Richmond Supporter, Think you are always right, never entertain any one elses opinion and have probably never played a competitive game of football in your life. Mate this is an open forum where people are entitled to their opinions!! If your sole purpose is to try crush everyone elses opinions to make yourself feel superior then eventually you will be posting to yourself on here as everyone will get bored with you as I have now...enjoy posting to yourself champ..

You think I'm the only one that thinks players don't give 100% in the nab cup? The large majority think the same way mate. In fact there are very few that think otherwise so don't act like I am dismissing your side of an even argument. It's not an argument at all.
Funny how no one has ever called me one eyed or bias in the year I've been posting in this forum. I'm anything but.
If you are going to make ignorant statements that are blatantly false then expect to get shut down

Junktimer

I think when considering Martin people need to step away from the 'brand name' a little, per se.  I mean, he averaged 88.5 last year, and is priced at 473k.  If you select him, you'd want to do that thinking he can score above 2100 points for the year.  (playing 20+ games for an average of 105).  Is martin capable of that?  I'm not too sure, his potential is endless but his commitment is a worry.

NFI Police

Haha...never played a game have you Caro?..im sure the injury list on the home page isnt 100% either because how could they get injured if they arent trying

quinny88

Quote from: NFI Police on March 10, 2013, 12:40:49 PM
Haha...never played a game have you Caro?..im sure the injury list on the home page isnt 100% either because how could they get injured if they arent trying

Played plenty of football mate.
Yeah because only players that try 100% get injured dont they?  ::)
Quit while you're ahead champ

quinny88

Quote from: Junktimer on March 10, 2013, 12:37:43 PM
I think when considering Martin people need to step away from the 'brand name' a little, per se.  I mean, he averaged 88.5 last year, and is priced at 473k.  If you select him, you'd want to do that thinking he can score above 2100 points for the year.  (playing 20+ games for an average of 105).  Is martin capable of that?  I'm not too sure, his potential is endless but his commitment is a worry.

Well he averaged just shy of 100 in his 2nd season so I think he is capable of 105 going into his 4th season. Primed for it imo

NFI Police

Enjoyed the banter quinny..good luck with your posting..but if i see one that you havent given 100% on I am all over you ;)

quinny88

Quote from: NFI Police on March 10, 2013, 12:51:34 PM
Enjoyed the banter quinny..good luck with your posting..but if i see one that you havent given 100% on I am all over you ;)

You must have been heartbroken last week seeings Adelaide fielded a nearly full strength team against Geelong who were missing a heap of players and still lost by 70 odd points? That's strange for a team that finished 2nd to lose like that when they are giving 100% against Geelongs B team? Lol

Anyway you to mate, enjoy.

NFI Police

I dont follow Adelaide so not really, I follow players more than teams..I did really enjoy watching Patty Dangerfield giving 100% though  :'(

bonebones

Dusty's hammy in the final game of last season cost me 2K and my leaguer final, so his selection is a quandary for me....after reading the past four pages I am non the wiser. I thnk he's priced at 470 for a reason. Some weeks he'll score 130' others he'll score 50.
If we remember last season he always started really well and then went missing in the second half. I remember one game he scored 80 points in the first qtr and finished off with 90 odd sc in total. Smacks of someone with a bad attitude. Question is, has he improved his mental application this year?