Thoughts on this team's strategy?

Started by Jay, March 09, 2013, 01:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Hey strategists, have just had a fiddle around with my team and read some articles about strategy and think I may load up on mid-pricers, especially in the rucks and fwds and would love to know your thoughts on whether you think it will work.

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Yarran, Goodes, Docherty <Stevenson, Terlich>
M: Ablett, Pendlebury, A.Swallow, Sloane, Mundy, Wines, K.Mitchell <O'Meara, Viney>
R: Smith, Leuenberger <Currie, Rowe>
F: Cox, Rockliff, Martin, Varcoe, Karnezis, Byrnes <Macaffer, Lee>

So I have loaded up in my forwards as I have seen quite a few people do and now have avoided a rookie starting in that line which I think is a real positive. Have took full advantage of the fwd mid-pricers and hopefully a couple of them will become keepers, but at worst I think all of them will rise enough to be an easy swap to a premium. Is it ok to have 3 fwds in that 200k range?

I have not seen many teams with 6 premium mids (counting Mundy) so I think that will keep me up high in the rankings early.

Also have gone cheap in my rucks as I believe both of them can become premiums. It obviously is a risky move but do you guys think it can pay off?

Not really after advice on my team, just if the strategy being used is sound.

Cheers :)

shaker

Have seen a lot teams with those forward mid pricers in them so you wont be alone in that area , risky rucks I myself want to see leuy start playing full games in the ruck from today if they are going to have to nurse him well into the season he will not be in my team he will bleed to many points and with smith also could spell disaster . Think I will go with two ruck premo's at this stage , but it's up to you .

Vincent

Nup it wont work, unless every single one of your mid pricers kills it. they are just as likely to spud up and at least 2 of them will fail

Big Mac

Missing a midfielder - But otherwise an ok team. If every mid pricer fires from rnd 1, you've just won 50k. But that won't happen, 50% of midpricers will fail and leave you sliding down the rankings.

tor01doc

Now Mr J,

Are you a veteran coach yanking our collective chains? Or are you serious?  :o

8 keepers and maybe a couple more if you striker ( ;)) it lucky.

That means 14 more to complete 22 premiums for on field duties.

1.66 trades per new keeper doesn't leave you with any wriggle room at all.

Only 4 mid rookies to make you $$.

Just cannot imagine you doing this. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Wouldn't touch it with my 20 foot pole.

In a word - no effing way.