Hibberd

Started by The F.A.R.K., March 09, 2013, 02:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

essendon2

Quote from: Holzman on March 11, 2013, 11:52:26 AM
Quote from: Toga on March 11, 2013, 11:51:30 AM
Still looks very solid Holzman! Nice work!

What do your midfield and fwds look like in terms of premiums & mid-pricers? :)

Swan Ablett Pendles Watson Lids

Chappy Rocky Martin Robbo Karnezis.

pretty solid
my team is very similar mate!
no Cox I assume to afford a balanced team like that?

Holz

Quote from: essendon2 on March 11, 2013, 12:02:39 PM

pretty solid

nope Cox in my ruckline.

Ricochet

Quote from: Holzman on March 11, 2013, 12:06:39 PM
Quote from: essendon2 on March 11, 2013, 12:02:39 PM

pretty solid

nope Cox in my ruckline.
I've done something similar Holz. My backline is looking pretty thin though

Toga

pretty solid

Yeah very solid indeed Holz, good work!

I've been fiddling with the idea of starting only three premium backs to afford five premium mids, but I like your strategy with a more mid-priced approach in the backline to strengthen other lines :)

POK252

Picked him up with my 21st pick in DT elite (205th overall) - What a steal!!
Not for me in normal DT, could avg 80+ though

Holz

Quote from: Toga on March 11, 2013, 12:17:34 PM

pretty solid

I've been fiddling with the idea of starting only three premium backs to afford five premium mids, but I like your strategy with a more mid-priced approach in the backline to strengthen other lines :)

the backline i feel is always the best place for midpricers, however normally for me it has been guys coming back from injury like waters, eski etc...

essendon2

Quote from: Toga on March 11, 2013, 12:17:34 PM

pretty solid

I know how the magic number means that no matter how many premo's you have in the MID, you'll have same scoring potential. it also says that the only way you gain scoring potential is by getting under valued players, however, MID premo's usually start like a house on fire, whereas all the other premo's start reasonably slowly! hence why I'm trying really hard to start 5 mid guns.
the thing is though, even though there's an abundance of def Rooks, last year Morris and Ellis only averaged 56 and 58, respectively. who's to stay that all the ones this year only average that much!

Holz

what number from him would you need to justify his price.

Say you had a crystal ball and you were 100% he would average 80 from 22 games. Is that enough?

essendon2

Quote from: Holzman on March 11, 2013, 12:31:03 PM

Say you had a crystal ball and you were 100% he would average 80 from 22 games. Is that enough?
I think 85 is possible, but then again, Martin only averaged 84 last year :/

Holz

Quote from: essendon2 on March 11, 2013, 12:33:52 PM
Quote from: Holzman on March 11, 2013, 12:31:03 PM

I think 85 is possible, but then again, Martin only averaged 84 last year :/

is he worth buying at 80 though. I know he could go 85, but 80 im feeling is a nice safe number i think he can get to.

Jukes

I really like Hibberd and he is in my side atm. Very confident in him going 80+ and increasing in price to a maximum of like 450k and providing a great stepping-stone to a premium. With Goddard in the side it seems that our rebounding back men who approach the midfield such as Heppell, Baguely and of course Hibberd will score higher, as it has been seen in the nab cup, through a slight alteration in the game plan. I fully believe his 340k price tag is warranted when he stands to improve so much. Could even produce close to a 90 average.

NAB Cup Statistics
vs Western Bulldogs: 48 from 77% TOG (4th for Bombers)
vs Collingwood: 44 from 75% TOG (4th)
vs Richmond: 70 from 87% TOG (5th)
vs GWS: 96 from 89% TOG (3rd)

antonc

Got Heppel and Goddard in the backs already. 3 dons players might be a bit much.
I can see him scoring 80+

Windigo

Hepp D is locked and will saves me a trade (Hibbo won't be a top defender come season's end you wouldn't think..) I could be using for unforeseen circumstances such a injuries or dodgy rookies early.

owenbond007

Quote from: Jukes on March 11, 2013, 12:58:01 PM
I really like Hibberd and he is in my side atm. Very confident in him going 80+ and increasing in price to a maximum of like 450k and providing a great stepping-stone to a premium. With Goddard in the side it seems that our rebounding back men who approach the midfield such as Heppell, Baguely and of course Hibberd will score higher, as it has been seen in the nab cup, through a slight alteration in the game plan. I fully believe his 340k price tag is warranted when he stands to improve so much. Could even produce close to a 90 average.

NAB Cup Statistics
vs Western Bulldogs: 48 from 77% TOG (4th for Bombers)
vs Collingwood: 44 from 75% TOG (4th)
vs Richmond: 70 from 87% TOG (5th)
vs GWS: 96 from 89% TOG (3rd)

That looks impressive. But that score against GWS is eye catching. But can against better sides who use the football better there is going to be less ball to pick off. The top 3 dt scorers for GWS disposal efficiency was terrible (Greene 52.4, Adams 44.4, and Treloar 53.5), turning over pretty much every 2nd possession. 

Windigo

50+ turnovers for GWS.