Main Menu

New captains

Started by stew42, March 08, 2013, 02:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew42

Goodes steps down from co-captaincy as Kieren Jack and Jarrad McVeigh take the mantle.

ossie85

:/ surprises me!

Source? I can't find anything :)

Jack should be a very good captain.

(Note: I still hate co-captains)

stew42

Twitter: sydneyswans Kieren Jack and Jarrad McVeigh will lead the @sydneyswans in 2013 as co-captains #goswans

Also on FB page. I think co-captains aren't as bad in a team like the Swans... fits with the Bloods culture a bit more. I can imagine Horse Longmire saying that he'd prefer having 18 captains on the field.

Samm79

Quote from: stew42 on March 08, 2013, 02:19:48 PM
Twitter: sydneyswans Kieren Jack and Jarrad McVeigh will lead the @sydneyswans in 2013 as co-captains #goswans

Also on FB page. I think co-captains aren't as bad in a team like the Swans... fits with the Bloods culture a bit more. I can imagine Horse Longmire saying that he'd prefer having 18 captains on the field.

Agree about the co-captain thing! Good one Goodsie for passing the baton at the right time and congrats to KJ, deserved captain. An example of what you can achieve with focus and hard work.

Ringo

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-03-08/jack-captain-for-swans

Another link for you.  Great reward for Jack.  Do not mind this co captain as it will allow Jack to learn the ropes while McVeigh is still there.

Capper

Quote from: ossie85 on March 08, 2013, 02:15:09 PM

:/ surprises me!

Source? I can't find anything :)

Jack should be a very good captain.

(Note: I still hate co-captains)
I thought it might not happen till next year but with Goodie's injury last year the time was right. Well done to KJ thoroughly disserved and Goodie will always still be a leader at the Swans even though he wont have a C next to his name.

Other great news
QuoteThe Swans also announced that Goodes has committed to the club through to the end of the 2014 season while Jack has signed a new multi-year deal.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership-stars-adam-goodes-and-kieren-jack-commit-their-future-to-sydney-swans/story-e6frf33l-1226592927293#ixzz2MvhVzqvD

Nige

Sad to see Goodes step down, but at the same time, great news for K-Jack, one of my favourite players in the AFL, probably in my top 5. Good reward for a good player.  :D

Capper

Pretty sure we can call him KoJack now