BIG BAD SWAN

Started by yorgis, March 07, 2013, 10:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yorgis

does anyone think there is anything behind the Dane Swan interview on channel 9 ??? is it a case of ' where

there's smoke there's fire ??  or is it just bells and whistles ??? He's been  no.1 / no.2  DT  player  alongside GAJ for many years

With Bucks admitting that Swan had lost his hunger for part of last year, and now this, does it spell the beginning of the end ?

He allegedly got fined $5k, which is bugger all, but he has given the pies a bit of trouble over the years. Just wondering

what everyone else's thoughts are ??? Stick with him or ???   I guess we're lucky we have extra trades this year

Grazz

It's a little unnerving, not the sort of contraversy you like with a DT gun going into the season. Sticking.

stew42

If Swannie lost his hunger last year, I can't wait to see him this year!!!

Toga

Is looking fitter than ever by all reports, still in my side atm. But it is a tad unnerving this controversy heading into the season, but I'll wait until I see the interview and it's aftermath before I make a proper judgement on if he'll lose his spot in my team.

Don't think it'll change things though ;)

Grazz

Quote from: Toga on March 07, 2013, 10:53:01 PM
Is looking fitter than ever by all reports, still in my side atm. But it is a tad unnerving this controversy heading into the season, but I'll wait until I see the interview and it's aftermath before I make a proper judgement on if he'll lose his spot in my team.

Don't think it'll change things though ;)

Would be hard to turf him wouldn't it, even if it does blow up a little bit. Had him locked for Cpt rnd 1 thats another unnerving part aswell let alone the season lol. Really dont need this , going greyer by the minute. :P

Toga

In all honesty I am not phased by that interview as well. All he did was defend himself against that flog Caroline Wilson and say that he doesn't have a drug problem - reckon the only thing the Magpies are unhappy about is that he did it without consulting them first.

Good on him I say - I think the public and media hang labels on him based purely on his appearance.

Keep calm and lock Swan!

Grazz

Quote from: Toga on March 07, 2013, 11:19:23 PM
In all honesty I am not phased by that interview as well. All he did was defend himself against that flog Caroline Wilson and say that he doesn't have a drug problem - reckon the only thing the Magpies are unhappy about is that he did it without consulting them first.

Good on him I say - I think the public and media hang labels on him based purely on his appearance.

Keep calm and lock Swan!

Sounds like he made Eddie aware of it, that should be good enough and he should then be allowed to defend himself which makes it all a little wierd that the club wasn't happy about it, odd. Like or dislike Caro she does get a lot of dirt and seems to on the money more often than not.

Nice bit of advice from Keith for JRoo, not sure he was thrilled about it.

Toga

Yeah think they're making a big deal out of nothing tbh but I don't blame him for wanting to get it off of his chest!

Scrads

Grazz

Quote from: Toga on March 07, 2013, 11:31:08 PM
Yeah think they're making a big deal out of nothing tbh but I don't blame him for wanting to get it off of his chest!

Agreed mate, everyone should be allowed to defend themselves against allegations as strong a Caro made, only fair.

tbagrocks

One of the best footballers I have ever seen, but I didn't believe much ::)  But like it matters

Swanny will still be at his best

Grazz

Quote from: tbagrocks on March 07, 2013, 11:36:29 PM
One of the best footballers I have ever seen, but I didn't believe much ::)  But like it matters

I beleved him when he said he'd never had a strike, would be in alot of hot water with the AFL etc if it wasn't true. Even though im not sure what they could do as it's all confidential but i believed him regardless on that point. :)

Toga

Quote from: Grazz on March 07, 2013, 11:41:05 PM

I beleved him when he said he'd never had a strike, would be in alot of hot water with the AFL etc if it wasn't true. Even though im not sure what they could do as it's all confidential but i believed him regardless on that point. :)

Also I was watching his expression while he denied the strike thing and think he was legitimately telling the truth.

Grazz

Quote from: Toga on March 07, 2013, 11:45:12 PM

Also I was watching his expression while he denied the strike thing and think he was legitimately telling the truth.

I also payed close attention to his expressions aswell which tbh was the clincher in me believing him. Seemed as at ease someone could be when being asked questions of that nature.

Toga

Quote from: Grazz on March 08, 2013, 12:19:47 AM
Quote from: Toga on March 07, 2013, 11:45:12 PM

I also payed close attention to his expressions aswell which tbh was the clincher in me believing him. Seemed as at ease someone could be when being asked questions of that nature.

Yep, exactly Grazzy! The way he made eye contact and everything. I'm a believer. :)