Currie as #1 ruck - Goldstein in VFL this weekend

Started by antonc, March 07, 2013, 06:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonc

Currie to go solo as Goldstein demoted to VFL

Goldstein will play in the VLF this week whilst Currie will take ruck duties against the cats
Surely a sign/reason not to pick Goldie as # 1 or 2 ruck
But Currie must now be a lock for R3

antonc

Changed the topic Rico.
Was trying to make a case for putting Currie as R3 or maybe R2 depending how he goes against the cats

Holz

its all about how you twist the story. Goldy wasnt dropped to the VFL.

in my eyes goldy is being locked in as the sole ruck at north, the fact currie is named alone might actually be a bad thing for him, it shows we arent comfortable playing him with goldy in the squad. Goldy is playing in the VFL so he keeps his conditioning, its looking like round 1 it could be just goldy named (possibly daw).

all depends on how currie goes, i wouldnt be suprsied not to see him named round 1.

GM

Quote from: Holzman on March 07, 2013, 06:31:00 PM

in my eyes goldy is being locked in as the sole ruck at north, the fact currie is named alone might actually be a bad thing for him, it shows we arent comfortable playing him with goldy in the squad. Goldy is playing in the VFL so he keeps his conditioning, its looking like round 1 it could be just goldy named (possibly daw).

all depends on how currie goes, i wouldnt be suprsied not to see him named round 1.
Imo Holzy he has gone back to find form & confidence.

antonc

Maybe they just want to see how currie goes if goldy happens to go down during the season.
Think Majak will be the support to either of them.
At the moment Majak and Currie are my R4 and R3 for this reason.
Think at least one of them will play on any given week!

elephants

Quote from: greenmoon on March 07, 2013, 07:04:06 PM
Quote from: Holzman on March 07, 2013, 06:31:00 PM

Imo Holzy he has gone back to find form & confidence.

Yeah this. He has looked lost out there. If he can knock up 40 possies and 100 htouts in the vfl this weekend I might consider.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: elephants on March 07, 2013, 07:18:31 PM
Yeah this. He has looked lost out there. If he can knock up 40 possies and 100 htouts in the vfl this weekend I might consider.

Well, last time he played in the VFL he had 23 disposals and 55 hitouts for 156 DT so your wish might not be too far off.