Burger

Started by chaosAD, March 06, 2013, 12:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaosAD

Is anyone else doing a backflip with Leuenberger? hes in my side atm but I'm starting to think that he may just be way to injury prone, great value clearly but haven't seen him this year, hmmmmm not that sold!

Jukes

He's not injury prone. Only played 22 games in his first three seasons due to inexperience and lack of JS, next two seasons firmly grounded his spot in the side and played every game, averaging 77 and 93, before injuring his achilles last season.

Locked in for me at this stage.

Artax

So many people will see that little bandaid, panic trade & regret it later

Money

Quote from: Jukes on March 06, 2013, 12:49:02 AM
He's not injury prone. Only played 22 games in his first three seasons due to inexperience and lack of JS, next two seasons firmly grounded his spot in the side and played every game, averaging 77 and 93, before injuring his achilles last season.

Locked in for me at this stage.

+1

Ricochet

Don't worry about Leuey. Roughead did the same injury the year before and had similar timing with his rehab and return... and he went 90+ the next year.

Justin Bieber

I'm keeping money backed up to see if Leuy gets injured or doesnt she enough in two weeks to pick him.

pommyadam

ehhh, two trades per week
i don't really care if he goes down injured, just whip him out

surely he won't need to do that well to go up in price, i mean, three 50s should see a price increase (i don't know what his BE is, but i can't be that high seeing as he's only 230k)

oh to have a forward/ruck player with good JS, Rowe? (errrm, can't think of many more) - especially with Cox in most FWD lines

m1tch robo

Quote from: pommyadam on March 06, 2013, 06:36:48 AM

Just because you have two trades a week every week doesn't mean you wana be wasting trades by trading out injured players all the time. And there is no one really to sideways trade him too. So it'll cost you if he gets injured. Having said that I don't think he will have any trouble getting back to good form being young.

Ricochet

Quote from: m1tch robo on March 06, 2013, 11:27:46 AM
Quote from: pommyadam on March 06, 2013, 06:36:48 AM

Just because you have two trades a week every week doesn't mean you wana be wasting trades by trading out injured players all the time. And there is no one really to sideways trade him too. So it'll cost you if he gets injured. Having said that I don't think he will have any trouble getting back to good form being young.
Or you can just generate some cash by downgrade a rookie a little earlier than you were hoping. Its not ideal... but with 2 trades each week you either use them or lose them.

Toga

Anyone starting, say Roughy in their fwd line on the occasion that Leu doesn't come up well over the first two rounds, allowing you to trade Leu out for someone like Knights/Varcoe using Roughy's DPP? ???

Sweetness

Quote from: Toga on March 06, 2013, 11:54:43 AM
Anyone starting, say Roughy in their fwd line on the occasion that Leu doesn't come up well over the first two rounds, allowing you to trade Leu out for someone like Knights/Varcoe using Roughy's DPP? ???

Yes, but with Cox  ;)

Toga

Quote from: Sweetness on March 06, 2013, 12:40:44 PM

Yes, but with Cox  ;)

Cox is my R1 :-X

Who's yours?

Sweetness

Quote from: Toga on March 06, 2013, 12:42:06 PM
Quote from: Sweetness on March 06, 2013, 12:40:44 PM

Yes, but with Cox  ;)

Cox is my R1 :-X

Who's yours?

Thought that might be the case :P
My R1 has changed so much this last week. It's currently McEvoy, but I (like you) am seriosuly contemplating moving Cox there.

Back to your question, I would probably only start Roughead with the intention of upgrading him to Stevie J come rd 5.
That gives you Roughead as a safety net in the first 5 rounds if he goes down. Then after Rd5 if you think Leuy is safe, get rid of Roughy to Stevie J before his dream run.

Holz

really it comes down to will a forward under 250k outscore burger. If brynes or a tamblin look to outscore him than i might drop a back/fwd premo down to them and go burger to mummy/goldy.

but keeping burger at this stage.

nrich102

If you don't start with burger you may as well not enter your team