New Theory on Stacking Forwards

Started by kilbluff1985, March 05, 2013, 02:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

So stacking forwards has been a theory/strategy for a while but kind of came up with a new reasoning for it i think

Cox+Buddy should average like midfielders anyway but mid rookies should average much more then a forward rookie and have better JS

So this theory has left me with a team of

Ablett, Swan, Pendlebury, Watson + Rookies

Buddy, Cox, Zorko, Rockliff, Lewis, Varcoe

i really like it has heaps of scoring potential

does leave me with 3 premo defenders and Goldy+Luey

but this looks like the structure i'll settle on

hannebery2rohan

If you're running with that team you're going to have a bit of trouble with the mids in Round 13 with Ablett, Swan, Pendlebury and Watson all not playing as well as Franklin, Zorko, Rockliff and Lewis all missing from your forwards in Round 11.

But i see what you mean. People will be investing a bit more in the forwards in previous years considering the lack of rookies. Don't forget about the mid-priced options like Petterd, Knights, Morton and Byrnes who could save you a bit of cash as well.

kilbluff1985

Just need 18 players to play during byes from any position

I'm not concerned about the byes I just want the best from the start

hannebery2rohan

I guess so. But you got to account for injuries and suspensions too. I was decimated at one point during one of the byes i had planned for due to late withdrawals and suspensions and only ended up with 11 or 12 players playing. I still think there should be an even spread amongst each line across all the positions and there is enough quality, especially in the mids to be able to do it.

Peter

Agree entirely, team nearly same as mine

kilbluff1985

Quote from: hannebery2rohan on March 05, 2013, 05:40:11 PM
I guess so. But you got to account for injuries and suspensions too. I was decimated at one point during one of the byes i had planned for due to late withdrawals and suspensions and only ended up with 11 or 12 players playing. I still think there should be an even spread amongst each line across all the positions and there is enough quality, especially in the mids to be able to do it.

Yeah I can't decide on Watson or JPK might make him JPK for the byes yet

But as you say injuries and suspension will change my team before the byes to so I just going to start players I actually want

A strong starting team is important to me as obvious as it sounds

jhawk

I like it a lot.

have gone same accept a extra gun mid.
u think 3 rookie defenders high enough ave ? or maybe need mixpricer

who do u think Watson jpk or delideo ?  delideo does kick more goals than Watson and jpk so if he can ave the same amount of touches ...
can u have both delideo and cotchin ??

kilbluff1985

Quote from: jhawk on March 06, 2013, 06:09:14 PM
I like it a lot.

have gone same accept a extra gun mid.
u think 3 rookie defenders high enough ave ? or maybe need mixpricer

who do u think Watson jpk or delideo ?  delideo does kick more goals than Watson and jpk so if he can ave the same amount of touches ...
can u have both delideo and cotchin ??

Rookie defenders should ave more the forward rookies so that's my reasoning and more rookie defenders look like getting games

Cox+Buddy have averages like mids anyway and rookie mids average more the. Forward rookies

So that's my theory anyway

Regarding the premo mids you mentioned flip a coin cause I dunno lol

hannebery2rohan

Eh? Deledio kicked 17 goals for the year. Watson, 20 and JPK kicked 24.

tor01doc

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on March 05, 2013, 05:50:34 PM
Quote from: hannebery2rohan on March 05, 2013, 05:40:11 PM

But as you say injuries and suspension will change my team before the byes to so I just going to start players I actually want

A strong starting team is important to me as obvious as it sounds

That line there is gold. Line ball choice - this is where bye planning can be valuable. Nice work.

Grazz

I think alot of coaches will be stacking the fwd line myself included unless theres a miracle and some decent fwd rookie options show up in the next few weeks with js, surely im not asking for to much. :P

gunnerzzz

Good call, I suppose by the time the bye's hit, those rooks should have made enough cash to upgrade a few into decent mids.

Jroo

I'm considering it, a lot of decent defender rookies, while there aren't many decent forward rookies.
Thinking about going with 3 premium defenders, then rookies.