Toying with the this idea

Jack + Viney + O'Meara
16 (69.6%)
Hannebery + Toumpas + Whitfield
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 1

colmullet

Im thinking:

Jack (115) + Viney (used as tagger?? maybe 65) + O'Meara (mostly forward pocket maybe?? 65)

Hannebery (Looks all set to crack 100+) + Toumpas (Mid/Wing, good ball winner/user 75+?) + Whitfield (looks like a big ball winner on a wing....80+)

bit more gamble in option 2 i guess but its something i've been toying with in my endless chopping and changing and ideas

does it have merit? if Viney and O'meara do play these roles i could get a nice little jump, especially with Hannebery playing GC and GWS first two rounds

Hagebear

Went with the first option Col. I'm not sure they'll use Viney as a tagger. Melbourne have enough if those already. Surely they'll let him get his own ball. I can actually see O'Meara out scoring Whitfield. He's a ball magnet and is jut finding his feet IMO. And definately Jack over Hannebery.

colmullet

Thankx mate, just was an idea, i mean i hope Viney isnt used as a tagger but they may choose to free up Magner and put Viney through the "tag to learn" theology he went through, O'meara should score ok you think, the other i was thinking of changing was Crouch instead of him, while crouch looks a great little player he looks very vest worthy at the crows

Hagebear

Quote from: colmullet on March 04, 2013, 07:57:58 PM
Thankx mate, just was an idea, i mean i hope Viney isnt used as a tagger but they may choose to free up Magner and put Viney through the "tag to learn" theology he went through, O'meara should score ok you think, the other i was thinking of changing was Crouch instead of him, while crouch looks a great little player he looks very vest worthy at the crows

Yeh it's a possibility with with Viney but I'm hoping there letting him tag during the NAB then let him do his thing in the regular season. It would be pretty unfair to get a first year player to tag during the season for premiership points against the likes of Cotchin, Pendlebury and co. Also stupid on Melbourne's behalf. Not sure on O'Meara's stats but I know he absolutely racked it up in the NEAFL I believe will average the highest out of the mid rookies. And I don't think Crouch will be the sub. I think there are a couple I front if him. Kerridge, Martin and Henderson and co. Crouch probably doesn't have the flexibility a sub should have.

colmullet

yeah your right about those other guys being more vest worthy but how does Crouch fit into that Crows midfield which is pretty strong really? And i do like O'meara a lot im just not sure if he will be in the middle racking up possessions like he has at lower levels or if he will be that small crafty forward in that Gold Coast team who has a lot of young guys ready to run through that midfield area.

Just having second thoughts with some of these locked rookies we all seem to have compared to the roles these expensive guys seem to be taking up. Just thinking with these guys mostly being used on the field the potential on field scores for these more expensive rooks may be quite a nice little boost ya know

Hagebear

Quote from: colmullet on March 04, 2013, 09:29:42 PM
yeah your right about those other guys being more vest worthy but how does Crouch fit into that Crows midfield which is pretty strong really? And i do like O'meara a lot im just not sure if he will be in the middle racking up possessions like he has at lower levels or if he will be that small crafty forward in that Gold Coast team who has a lot of young guys ready to run through that midfield area.

Just having second thoughts with some of these locked rookies we all seem to have compared to the roles these expensive guys seem to be taking up. Just thinking with these guys mostly being used on the field the potential on field scores for these more expensive rooks may be quite a nice little boost ya know

Yeh agree with ya. I think with Crouchy, Sando believe he's in our best 22. They said if he was eligible he would of played a majority of games last year and spending the year in the SANFL he's pretty much senior football ready. I think it will be fairly similar for Jeager. I think the GC have plenty of small forwards. I think he'll play a bit around half forward but a majority in the middle. The plus for these 2 lads is they are well built and have AFL ready bodies.

colmullet

tigertops

viney should score as much as toumpas same same
omera should score as much as whitfield, maybe even more as hes had the extra year.

leaves jack vs hanneberry.......prob go jack there