Previous topic - Next topic

Beams vs Swan

Beams
12 (34.3%)
Swan
23 (65.7%)

Total Members Voted: 0

GCSkiwi

the two great Da(y)nes. Which is a better option as a starter?
Currently have Swan but Beams very tempting, amazing season last year andlots of potential. With that said, Swan apparently having a great pre season and more hungry this year than last. Still averaged amazingly last year, will he out do even the little master this year?
Beams 3 more games than Swan last season for 3 less ppg... so not a lot of difference overall...

Thoughts?

jimmyh

swan having a great pre season, beams actually having a preseason..

swan for proven, beams for potential

Grazz

One of those real pearler questions, on one hand you have a fitter hungrier Swan and on the other you have a healthier fitter Beams coming into round one. I went with Swan because he's got it done year after year thats the only reason that i could come up with that splits them. Neither will let you down and both will be in your team at some stage this season but Swan for me.

GCSkiwi

Quote from: Grazz on February 28, 2013, 10:49:10 PM
both will be in your team at some stage this season but Swan for me.

Absolutely Grazz, But I've already got Pendles and GAJ locked in, along with one of Swan or Beams. The other will definitely have to wait until round 14!

Grazz

Quote from: GCSkiwi link=topic=73000.msg 1006010#msg 1006010 date=1362052306

Absolutely Grazz, But I've already got Pendles and GAJ locked in, along with one of Swan or Beams. The other will definitely have to wait until round 14!

Same for me mate, Swan GAJ and Pendles (Value Value Value) which basically meant that Beams would have to wait until after the bye.

Sabretooth Tigers

Interesting question and here's another one. Which two of these players draw the tag first ??? If I could be sure of that would take the third. Just as a POD may go Beams although Swan is in at the moment.

ronl

Is there any point in tagging Swan?  He treats them with contempt and brushes them off like pesky flies.

bartyboys

swan my thoughts, both these players can do alot of everything job. with Ball back will be interesting

T Dog

Quote from: GCSkiwi on February 28, 2013, 10:51:46 PM

Have both..going reverse here..will look at rd 13 to who might have to go out.. 8)

quinny88

Nice to see something different than swan vs pendles!
Swanky for me. He's been doing it for longer

The_Captain

I don't think Beams would get the tag... Swan and Pendles are before him. So the tag will never be an issue for him. But Swan i think to average more. Beams is better value but.

redfield

I'd take Swan purely due to the fact that he's proven over the journey. Beams may well produce the same average in 2013 as he did in 2012 but Swan has history on his side and has, according to reports, been much more professional is his approach to the preseason.

As has been mentioned, some people think that Ball's return will hurt Beams' SC output. I personally don't think so but it might happen so it's something to keep in mind.

The_Captain

Quote from: redfield on March 01, 2013, 04:19:39 PM
I'd take Swan purely due to the fact that he's proven over the journey. Beams may well produce the same average in 2013 as he did in 2012 but Swan has history on his side and has, according to reports, been much more professional is his approach to the preseason.

As has been mentioned, some people think that Ball's return will hurt Beams' SC output. I personally don't think so but it might happen so it's something to keep in mind.

Hopefully it only affects sidebottoms scoring and jarryd blair haha