Rocky/Zorko/Moloney

Started by FactHunt, February 28, 2013, 11:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FactHunt

I know that there is plenty of hype for Rocky and Zorko, and for good reason. I am constantly shuffling Zorko in and out of my side and Rocky has been a permanent fixture since it's creation...

Does anyone else have any concerns about how the scoring for these guys (particularly in contested possessions and clearances) will be affected by the Melbourne recruit in Moloney?

Ricochet

Maybe slightly but not enough to warrant not picking them up
Can see both Rocky and Zorko going 105+ this year

mooses

i have a real concern that voss may use zorko more as a small forward to apply pressure and to keep the ball competitive in that forward fifty area, am i off the mark or do others have this concern with moloney coming in and hanley touted for more midfield time with the emergence of golby and possibly docherty freeing the rebounding defender role with adcock as well.

ando_10

Quote from: mooses on February 28, 2013, 12:44:59 PM
i have a real concern that voss may use zorko more as a small forward to apply pressure and to keep the ball competitive in that forward fifty area, am i off the mark or do others have this concern with moloney coming in and hanley touted for more midfield time with the emergence of golby and possibly docherty freeing the rebounding defender role with adcock as well.

+1 and with that whopping price tag on zorko and being a 2nd year player i will be staying well away.

Ringo

My concerns with Zorko have been well documented and I will post here as well.
1. Price is somewhat excessive for a player who has only played 16 games, Although Mature aged he still showed signs late in the season of slowing down.  Would like to see over a full season.
2. Been training with the forward group so this may indicate he will be used in the forward pocket as you point out.
3. People I think are reacting to his showing in the NAB Cup mini games as an indication that he can continue. What has to be remembered is that neither Adcock nor Hanley played in these matches. As a result I would be reserving judgement until I have seen how Lions set up with both Adcock, Hanley and Rich and part Zorks play. If does nat happen this weekend then would be next week verses Pies.

Ricochet

Quote from: Ringo on February 28, 2013, 01:09:17 PM
1. Price is somewhat excessive for a player who has only played 16 games, Although Mature aged he still showed signs late in the season of slowing down.  Would like to see over a full season.
2. Been training with the forward group so this may indicate he will be use as a CHF as you point out.
3. People I think are reacting to his showing in the NAB Cup mini games as an indication that he can continue. What has to be remembered is that neither Adcock nor Hanley played in these matches. As a result I would be reserving judgement until I have seen how Lions set up with both Adcock, Hanley and Rich and part Zorks play. If does nat happen this weekend then would be next week verses Pies.
175cm CHF?  :P

Ringo

Quote from: Ricochet on February 28, 2013, 01:12:18 PM
2. Been training with the forward group so this may indicate he will be use as a CHF as you point out.
3. People I think are reacting to his showing in the NAB Cup mini games as an indication that he can continue. What has to be remembered is that neither Adcock nor Hanley played in these matches. As a result I would be reserving judgement until I have seen how Lions set up with both Adcock, Hanley and Rich and part Zorks play. If does not happen this weekend then would be next week verses Pies.
My bad meant Half forward pocket - good pick up Richo  ;) ;)

Ricochet

Quote from: Ringo on February 28, 2013, 02:17:50 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on February 28, 2013, 01:12:18 PM
3. People I think are reacting to his showing in the NAB Cup mini games as an indication that he can continue. What has to be remembered is that neither Adcock nor Hanley played in these matches. As a result I would be reserving judgement until I have seen how Lions set up with both Adcock, Hanley and Rich and part Zorks play. If does not happen this weekend then would be next week verses Pies.
My bad meant Half forward pocket - good pick up Richo  ;) ;)
Haha wasn't trying to catch you out, but had a laugh picturing him lining up on a big CHB

The_Captain

Who do you reckon would b a better option uo forward instead of Zorko Ringo? I still think Zorko will average more than Robbo, Wright and others like that. And will play more games then Franklin

Ringo

Assume that Cox and Rocky are locks,  I would then Look at Walker, Chappy, Johnson (although suspended for Round 1) Hawkins could also be in mix.  As I said if he looks good still in the next 2 games start him if the concerns I raised are overcome.
As a Brisbane supporter I would like to be wrong but have to be honest with my couple of concerns,

colmullet

I think the one Moloney may have an impact on the most is perhaps Redden with Moloney coming in and Rocky looking like he's moving back into the middle aswell

Jroo

Well said Ringo, I agree I'm not sure on Zorko myself.

The_Captain

Quote from: Ringo on February 28, 2013, 03:01:40 PM
Assume that Cox and Rocky are locks,  I would then Look at Walker, Chappy, Johnson (although suspended for Round 1) Hawkins could also be in mix.  As I said if he looks good still in the next 2 games start him if the concerns I raised are overcome.
As a Brisbane supporter I would like to be wrong but have to be honest with my couple of concerns,

Yeh Cox is currently in my rucks. Not a fan of chappy thinking injuries and less mid time will effect his scores. Walker may have to be a must by the look of it.. Johno would of been in but the d1ckhead doesn't know how to keep his arms in..

bowyanger

I went to the NAB cup game Saturday night...and yes its only the NAB cup (take no notice usually)...but Zorko was a standout in that side...Moloney was ok.

Zorko was a standout for the whole night.

Even the 3 experienced footballers (now retired) I went to the game with agreed with me that Zorko is a very good footballer...he just knows where to run...a good footy brain...then tries his guts out to get the pill...then has great polish

Out Rockliffe...in Zorko for me

I had to really look hard to find Rockliffe and Redden who are both in my side at the moment...maybe they were told to go easy..I actually thought they werent playing.

On a side note...that Longer kid is a monster and looked very comfortable running around in the ruck

SOLD

bowyanger