Which forward prems will you start with?

Started by quinny88, February 27, 2013, 06:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which forward prems are you starting in your round 1 side?

Franklin
Naitanui
Cox
Pavlich
Ryder
Roughead
Walker
Chapman
Zorko
Bartel
Rioli
Rockliff
Waite
Johnson
Thomas
Lewis
Riewoldt
Hawkins
Wright
Martin
Other

quinny88

Pick 4 premium forwards and explain why you have gone for the ones you did

ando_10

buddy cox rockliff wright.  thinking about chappy though cause he will be in the midfield this year apparently

Frankfaust1

ando_10

GCSkiwi

Cox and Rocky definitely in, the other two anyone's game. Curently (and thus voted for) Pav and Chappy but I've had Roughy, Stevie J, Bartel, and Tex all in those spots...
Like you say in your other thread Quinny, it's a nightmare - and now all you guys have me questioning the wisdom of starting minus Buddy! Could always go Pav > Buddy...  ::)

batt

Cox- No NicNat.  No Problem.
Roghy- Glue-guy at the Hawks, finds a way to score wherever he plays
Zorko- The bulldog.  Playing as a part time pure mid, part time trequartista- both SC friendly roles (inside 50s etc)
Rocky- Pure mid.

GoLions

Cox and Rocky locked in. Zorko and Wright are my other 2 atm, but considering Chappy, Martin, Robbo, or Buddy if I can get a bit more cash.

Pokerface

I could only pick 4 which were
Buddy - cos he is buddy and will be the highest scoring forward
Cox - dpp, he is Cox
Rocky - dpp, value for his output
Martin - dpp, value, looks primed to step up

However I'm actually running a 5 prem forward strategy (today's strategy anyway) due to non-existant rooks, and going heavy on the class mid rookies. Currently have Hawkins sitting there, but that one is chopping and changing. The other 4 are locked.

Hagebear

Quote from: ando_10 on February 27, 2013, 06:10:47 PM
buddy cox rockliff wright.  thinking about chappy though cause he will be in the midfield this year apparently

Snap!

tor01doc

Buddy - see Ablett
Cox - DPP
Walker - a star on the rise
Rocky - his comeback year

All should be top 6 - 8 I hope.

enzedder

Jroo

I'm only starting with 3 premium forwards.
Cox - Gun and DPP, plus no Nic Nat = LOCK
Rockliff - Will play more midfield time and I think he'll get back to his best = LOCK
Martin - Will explode in 2013 and is relatively cheap.
If I had to pick a fourth I'd would Thomas (if fit, he'd be my first picked fwd) or Sylvia.

ando_10

Quote from: JROO8 on February 27, 2013, 07:54:47 PM
I'm only starting with 3 premium forwards.
Cox - Gun and DPP, plus no Nic Nat = LOCK
Rockliff - Will play more midfield time and I think he'll get back to his best = LOCK
Martin - Will explode in 2013 and is relatively cheap.
If I had to pick a fourth I'd would Thomas (if fit, he'd be my first picked fwd) or Sylvia.

not knocking martin but we have been saying this for 2 years now about him exploding but still havent been wowed. all i know he gives a good dont argue unfortunately doesnt give us points haha. im hoping he does explode though cause he has whole lot of potential. not for me this year to much of a headache for me last year.

colmullet

I think with all the uncertainty around forwards i'm going to take Buddy, Cox and Rocky who should all be in the top 6 come end of the year and then run with Byrne and Varcoe and wait and see who shows some form over the first 6 rounds or so

Jroo

10/34 people are only selecting Buddy  :o :o :o
I was thinking about not selecting Buddy, because it would be unique, but it looks no way as unique as I thought it would.