Forward prems giving me a headache

Started by quinny88, February 27, 2013, 04:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pokerface

Matty Wright?
I'm also now heavily looking at the Tomahawk with West going down.
Those who are leaving out Buddy just because he might drop 40k, is that 40k really worth an extra trade and loss of points compared to whoever you have instead?

Pokerface

sorry didn't see the recent posts already mentioning Wright.

Ricochet

Really don't think Buddy is guaranteed to drop in price. His start is...
Geelong: with no Scarlett
West Coast: Last 3 scores of 112, 89(7 frees against :o), 146
Collingwood: 142 last year
Freo: 99 Last year
North: Well we all know what happened there :P (last 3 scores of 236, 96, 115)
Adelaide: 118 last year

Even if you include what he scored against Scarlett (89) he averaged 126 last year against his first 6 opponents.
Even if you take out his 236 (which you shouldnt because there is every chance he will do it again) he averaged 108 for these first 6 rounds.

Then his next opponents are Sydney, Giants, Suns, Melbourne, BYE

There is every chance he will drop in price but personally I don't think it is guaranteed

Pokerface

Quote from: Ricochet on February 27, 2013, 05:09:13 PM

Even if you include what he scored against Scarlett (89) he averaged 126 last year against his first 6 opponents.
Even if you take out his 236 (which you shouldnt because there is every chance he will do it again) he averaged 108 for these first 6 rounds.

There is every chance he will drop in price but personally I don't think it is guaranteed

Exactly. He is Buddy. Ablett will need to average around 145 to not drop in price - its quite possible he will. But he is being picked.

quinny88

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on February 27, 2013, 04:54:29 PM
Pending round 1 selection how about putting S.J on the bench and having a rookie such as J Daniher to fill his place for round 1 ?
You don't need a trade, shouldn't lose too much score from other choices available and Daniher will definitely make you money. Best of luck whichever way.

This is an option just have to wait and see if any rookies jump out at me during the nab cup first.

Quote from: Southstorm on February 27, 2013, 04:55:38 PM
I would suggest Cloke but his start is no easier.

I'm in a similar position and tossing up between Zorko and Tex. Leaning towards Tex because I think he's more likely to finish in the top 6.

Cloke was someone I considered but his typical kpp scores mean hot and cold and that frustrates me far to much.

Quote from: greenmoon on February 27, 2013, 04:56:01 PM
I am in the same boat Quinny.
Last year we had  Danger,Beams & Sidebum to choose from.
Not so lucky imo this year.
The cash required to gamble on some of these players is making me think of some cheap mid pricers here.
This really is not the way i like to go but i prefer to spend less on gambles and more on the proven .

Yeah but when you think about it, this years Sidbottom and Dangers are Martin and Wright. They could go huge but who knows..
I cant have them both. Too risky

Quote from: GCSkiwi on February 27, 2013, 04:58:21 PM
Hey Quinny

I think Franklin is guaranteed to go down in price which makes him not worth it even in the face of what you have there. I would be taking a strong second look at Chappy and Walker - everyone else on the list has actualy concrete reasons why they will be affected, whereas Tex and Chappy are both proven good scorers with only speculative reasons why they might suffer. Tex could be great even without Tippet. And honestly, everyone was saying Chappy was too old last year, he still ripped out a good season.
Personally I'm still umming and ahhing about Pavlich, the man is a great and will certainly be in the team by the end, at the moment I'm taking the punt starting him. Also have Chappy in my fwds, and Tex/Roughy are the ones I'm considering instead of Pav. Roughy Will be just as affected as Buddy by the Hawks start, as well as the Bailey issue. But Tex is a strong candidate.

I really think Buddy is virtually guaranteed to go backwards, whereas Tex/Chappy might but they've proven to be quality, and there's no concrete reason they won't go well again this year...

I dont mind tex but as a kpp I think it is a risk. He will cop the best defender every week and be prone to double/tripple team's without Tippet there. I will look at him as an upgrade. Chappy i just cant see increasing. Geelong have a young group of Midfielders coming through that have to get more mid time for Geelong to go forward so I think Chappy will spend less time in the midfield than he ever has which cant be good for his SC scoring. If he is having a great season again I will of course look at him as an upgrade target but I dont think he will be a top scoring forward this season

Ringo

This is very left field but something I came across when looking at the same situation and you can laugh if you like:

Colin Sylvia his first 7 games are against (last years scores in Brackets) Port (105) Essendon (79) West Coast (DNP) Western Sydney (112 ) Brisbane (99) Carlton (DNP) and Gold Coast (115) a handy average of 102 for those he played against. Nice price rise and a straight swap possibly to Stevie J after Round 7. Allows you another $83k to spend elsewhere first up,

quinny88

Quote from: Pokerface on February 27, 2013, 05:14:12 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on February 27, 2013, 05:09:13 PM

Exactly. He is Buddy. Ablett will need to average around 145 to not drop in price - its quite possible he will. But he is being picked.

Yeah definitely. Thats why he is currently in my side because I cant think of anyone else to put in for him. The fact is that I can build my other lines a lot stronger if i find someone else to put in his place though and considering he has a lot of question marks over his head it seems viable to downgrade him to someone cheaper for now

GM

quinny88

Quote from: Ringo on February 27, 2013, 05:18:51 PM
This is very left field but something I came across when looking at the same situation and you can laugh if you like:

Colin Sylvia his first 7 games are against (last years scores in Brackets) Port (105) Essendon (79) West Coast (DNP) Western Sydney (112 ) Brisbane (99) Carlton (DNP) and Gold Coast (115) a handy average of 102 for those he played against. Nice price rise and a straight swap possibly to Stevie J after Round 7. Allows you another $83k to spend elsewhere first up,

I can understand why people would get Sylvia but I personally dont like him. I think he is a down hill skier. Highly skilled but only has a crack when he feels like it. I would feel very uneasy with both him and Martin in my round 1 side

quinny88

Quote from: greenmoon on February 27, 2013, 05:20:41 PM
Any the wiser yet Quinny?
I'm not! :-\

Not really GM. I seem to have a really negative outlook on the prem forwards this season  :-\

jimmyh

tbagrocks

I can solve your problem ...........................

Just get Taylor Walker, don't ask why just do it!

Pokerface

quinny88

Quote from: jimmyh on February 27, 2013, 05:23:28 PM
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2013/02/27/360142_gfc.html

Chappy set for midfield this year? any reconsiderations?

I cant seem to open the link jimmy. Is it claim by himself that he will spend more mid time? I hear this from 100 players every pre season. Chappy also wanted a 2 or 3 year contract from memory and the club would only offer him 1 so not sure where they see him as opposed to where he sees himself.

quinny88

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 27, 2013, 05:27:05 PM
I can solve your problem ...........................

Just get Taylor Walker, don't ask why just do it!

Thanks for that Tbag lol