Yet another combo

Started by GoLions, February 27, 2013, 03:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHich one?

Heppell, Priddis, Goldy, Robinson +$12k
2 (25%)
Duffield(or anyone cheaper), Moloney, Maric, Chappy (or anyone cheaper) +$20-$40k
6 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 0

GoLions

Been fiddling around with my team to see if it can be improved a bit or not. Defenders I would consider are Duffield, Grimes, Hartlett, Hanley. Forwards would be out of Chappy, Bartel, Lewis, or any of the others around Robinson's price (eg Wright, Martin).

Here's my current team:
Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Birchall, Heppell, Goodes, Docherty, Pittard, Terlich
Mids: Ablett, Pendles, JPK, Priddis, Mundy, Wines, O'Meara, Crouch, Mitchell, Viney
Ruck: Goldy, Berger, Witts, Rowe
Fwd: Rocky, Cox, Zorko, Robinson, Byrnes, Macaffer, Neade, Lee

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sabretooth Tigers

Like the second combo better, I reckon you'd outscore combo 2 and also have cash to spare.

GoLions

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on February 27, 2013, 03:55:37 PM

Like the second combo better, I reckon you'd outscore combo 2 and also have cash to spare.
Yeah, that's what I was leaning towards.

For the people who choose option 2, any advice on which defender/forward I should pick up?

Sabretooth Tigers

I've gone with Hanley and Wright. Voss has signalled more mid time for Hanley, and Wright IMO is on the rise and should avoid a tag with Danger, Thomo and Sloane copping it first. Cheers.

GoLions

Yeah, I would really like to get Hanley in. Do you think it would be too many lions players though? Zorko, Rockliff, Moloney, Berger, Hanley, Docherty seems a bit much. Although Docherty won't be a keeper and the same goes with Moloney and possibly Leuenberger.

Going Hanley and Wright pockets $86k as well, which is also nice. Would like to hear other opinions on whether or not he is the best choice though.

Sabretooth Tigers

In the matter of the amount of players from one club perhaps have a look at your best 18 for each of the byes and also your likely trade targets before . It's a pretty good measure of where you're traveling. The first time I did it I became in urgent need of a beer. Best of luck and hope you find the right way.

Swallow12

Heppel, Moloney, Goldy, Martin? Riskier but is a fair bit cheaper and you can splash the cash around elsewhere

GoLions

Quote from: Swallow12 on February 27, 2013, 04:25:43 PM
Heppel, Moloney, Goldy, Martin? Riskier but is a fair bit cheaper and you can splash the cash around elsewhere
I would most probably keep the cash, unless I went Zorko-->Buddy. Wouldn't want to upgrade anywhere else.