Supercoach Forward Starting Selections

Started by GM, February 27, 2013, 02:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM

I am struggling a liitle this year with my starting forwards.
I currently have Cox & Rocky locked but then?
Franklin,Nic Nat, SJ will come in eventually but i won't start them for differing reasons.
There are Options like Tex,Zorko ect. but i am not sold on them for their prices.
So,i would like to hear on coaches opinions & reasons for others.

GM

Pav is another consideration,but with an interrupted pre season i see him as a potential upgrade target.

jfitty

Quote from: greenmoon on February 27, 2013, 02:22:46 PM
Pav is another consideration,but with an interrupted pre season i see him as a potential upgrade target.

I'm considering rolling the dice and starting with Pavlich. His interrupted preseason is a worry, but I reckon it will barely effect a guy like him. His scores in the second half of last season were massive, once Fremantle got use to Ross Lyon's game style, and I can see Pav continuing that form this year.

Southstorm

Dustin Martin? Having his best pre-season so far and has shown to have a pretty high ceiling.

GM

Quote from: Southstorm on February 27, 2013, 02:33:20 PM
Dustin Martin? Having his best pre-season so far and has shown to have a pretty high ceiling.
Yeah he has been in and out of my team a bit.Had him last year and was a bit of a rollercoaster.
I know he is a young kid but I would just like to see him take a game apart as i think he could.
@ $475k in the mix.

ando_10

matty wright and roughy??

i think roughy will kill it again. very versatile.

and matty wright was no flash in a pan last IMO really big on him this year.

Ringo

I would be looking at some of the players in the $400 - $480k range as with 30 trades you can trade them out or use to upgrade to Buddy etc,

Players fitting this mould Christensen, Breust, Wright, Robinson, de Boer, Cloke and Sylvia. Do not laugh with Sylvia Dees have a reasonable draw for first 7 rounds and although he did not play against Eagles or Carlton last year averaged 102 against the other 5 teams who he plays in first 7 rounds,

Vincent

Chappy has been a top 6 forward since forever. He will do it again.

ando_10

Quote from: Ringo on February 27, 2013, 03:18:07 PM
I would be looking at some of the players in the $400 - $480k range as with 30 trades you can trade them out or use to upgrade to Buddy etc,

Players fitting this mould Christensen, Breust, Wright, Robinson, de Boer, Cloke and Sylvia. Do not laugh with Sylvia Dees have a reasonable draw for first 7 rounds and although he did not play against Eagles or Carlton last year averaged 102 against the other 5 teams who he plays in first 7 rounds,

just on that point would it be to risky to have two of them players??

like wright and bruest as F3 and F4??

gunnerzzz

I'm thinking Cloke and Dusty could be goers. Scored well in 2011. Both coming off average seasons last year hence the price.. They have something to prove this year... reckon they could be handy picks!................................................... or they could spud it again  ::)

GoLions

Yeah, I'm kinda in the same boat. Currently have Chappy and Zorko as my other 2 forwards, but that will probably change almost on a daily basis  :P