Nick Vlastuin

Started by POK252, February 27, 2013, 12:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POK252

Seen him in a few sides after a strong performance with scores of 23 and 24 on Fri night. Any Richmond supporters tell me what his JS would be like (surely a strong chance of vest), his scoring capabilities and therefore whether its worth picking him. Currently have Pittard and Goodes on the field with Stevenson and Terlich on the pine.

StuL

don't rate Pittard for DT but might be wrong. Despite scoring around the same as Terlich I see a lot more upside in Vlastuin. He's a lock in my team. Just looked like a player last weekend and if I picked Nason a couple of years ago I can easily pick this guy.

Jroo

I think Vlastuin should sneak into our best 22. See how he goes for the rest of the NAB Cup.

Windigo

Yeah, reckon he is in real shot of getting a gig round one.

Hasn't put a foot wrong all pre-season.

ronl

He's locked unless something unforeseen happens.

timmyparso

One to watch but don't have room without benching either Goodes (if elevated) and Pitard. May still happen if Terlich and Docherty look like low DT scorers.

See what happens in the rest of NAB and if Goodes gets eleveted (which a lot of people are hoping and expecting).

MGK1

Looks a pretty good option if Docherty doesn't come up.
Terlich, Pittard and Goodes are the best other options.

GM

As we saw in 2012 Hardwick loves playing the kids.Ellis is a prime example.
Yes there will probably be vests  but he will imo play most weeks barring injury and loss of form.

Ricochet

Quote from: StuL on February 27, 2013, 12:40:11 AM
don't rate Pittard for DT but might be wrong. Despite scoring around the same as Terlich I see a lot more upside in Vlastuin. He's a lock in my team. Just looked like a player last weekend and if I picked Nason a couple of years ago I can easily pick this guy.
Why not? He averaged 65 unsubbed in his debut year which was only 3 points off Bugg this year.
2 years on and with greater JS than other defender rookies, he should push 70+ which is very very good for a rookie defender.

On Vlastuin... This guy can seriously play but at nearly 150k I'd rather Pittard, Osborne, Thurlow, Docherty, Terlich, Van Unen, Stevenson, Goodes, Colq or Prudden at a cheaper price

GM

Quote from: Ricochet on February 27, 2013, 11:47:53 AM
Why not? He averaged 65 unsubbed in his debut year which was only 3 points off Bugg this year.
2 years on and with greater JS than other defender rookies, he should push 70+ which is very very good for a rookie defender.

On Vlastuin... This guy can seriously play but at nearly 150k I'd rather Pittard, Osborne, Thurlow, Docherty, Terlich, Van Unen, Stevenson, Goodes, Colq or Prudden at a cheaper price
Imo Rico half of those blokes won't geta gig in rd1 at this stage.But yes for pittard.

Ricochet

Quote from: greenmoon on February 27, 2013, 11:55:06 AM

Imo Rico half of those blokes won't geta gig in rd1 at this stage.But yes for pittard.
Only need 4 of them ;)

Hagebear

I agree I think Pittard is definately a lock. 1st round draft pick with a heap if talent and has amazing JS. And now with Danyle Pearce at Freo he becomes the go to out of defence.

dtrain

Got him in my team, my mate a Richmond fan and he decks s good things from him

Toga

QuoteFirst-year recruit Nick Vlastuin will be rested this week after impressing in his other senior outings so far this pre-season.

Hardwick said the Tigers' first pick from last year's NAB AFL Draft had kept himself in the selection frame for round one with his encouraging summer.

"He's doing everything right at this stage. We've just got to see how it pans out, there's still a couple of games to go and we've got a number of players who will force their way back into the side this week," he said.

"Nick will have a rest this week, he won't play but he's certainly doing everything right at this stage.

"He's one of those players you're drawn to â€" you watch him play and you think, 'Wow, he's got some special traits', which is good."

- http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-03-07/chaplin-just-what-we-need-hardwick

Grazz

Think Vlastuin can generate some cash quicker with his scoring potential compared to a few others mentioned.