Sam Rowe as Ruck 2?

Started by Jackross10, February 26, 2013, 06:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackross10

This guy looked great, would he be a decent 2nd ruck ! At his price he will free up a lot of cash elsewhere !

Hagebear

I don't think as 2nd ruck. Don't get sucked in by 1 good NAB game. Yes he's a good player and SHOULD play a few games this year I don't think he's that locked into Carlton's 22. Kruezer and Watnick are ahead of him in the ruck and so might be used as the 2nd tall forward behind Waite. And with not many rookie rucks this year it will be hard to find cover if he doesn't play.

shaker

Also Hampson and Casboult are in there to , maybe a spot on the forward line bench.

ZEDDOG

With so many similar teams , I like this.
Rowe r2, currie r3 and witts r4. And in case none play have DPP with cox in fwd line.
Let's face it, leuenberger is questionable so lock in good r2 and try this..

StuL

Berger will be a dud pick. yea the dpp helps. You can go really cheap in the rock and put big cox in the forwards and if your cheapies dont work just whip cox back in.

quinny88

Played well against GWS and a Sydney side that with most of their stars out and still in holiday mode.
If he is named round one then he gets a spot on my bench but nothing more

Millhouse

I'm putting him in my Forwards bench at the minute, I'm not 100% on many rookie forwards

ubeaut

Would love to Field a  3 rookie ruck but I doubt Rowe,Witts and Currie would be as reliable as Giles,Redden,Stephenson.

Mat0369

I would not go with him as a ruck 2. There is a thread in the strategy section of the SC board talking about ruck strategies.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,72752.0.html

FactHunt

No.
Will have to fight constantly for a spot in the best 22.
Kruezer, Warnock, Casboult, Waite, Hampson... no doubt he can play, just hard to squeeze him in.

Mat0369

Quote from: FactHunt on February 27, 2013, 12:26:02 AM
No.
Kruezer, Warnock, Casboult, Waite, Hampson... no doubt he can play, just hard to squeeze him in.

He looked really good. Got his hands on everything, a lot of hit outs to advantage, drifted forward to kick goals. He will be in the side with Kreuzer from the start of the year, but he will be the guy who plays forward mainly which will hurt his scores.

FactHunt

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 27, 2013, 12:31:34 AM
Quote from: FactHunt on February 27, 2013, 12:26:02 AM
No.

He looked really good. Got his hands on everything, a lot of hit outs to advantage, drifted forward to kick goals. He will be in the side with Kreuzer from the start of the year, but he will be the guy who plays forward mainly which will hurt his scores.

Playing along side Waite and Cas? I rate these guys...

FactHunt

Don't get me wrong, R3 is perfect for this guy... with Cox/Ryder up front.
It is a bonus if he plays, and regularly.

Mat0369

Quote from: FactHunt on February 27, 2013, 12:40:48 AM

I know it has been said 100 times, but Waite is Carltons most important player. He is their best forward who can take the big marks and do it at ground level. It is just the injuries which get the better of him. As much as I love big Levi, he won't be in the team unless Waite, Hammer or Walker get injured. I had a quick look at their best 22, since pretty much everyone is fit, I can't squeeze him in.

If all stays as it is right now, the team round 1 will look something like this

Laidler Jamison Tuohy
Duigan Henderson Yarran
Simpson Carrazzo Gibbs
Robinson Waite Walker
Garlett Hampson Betts
Kreauzer Murphy Judd
McLean Armfield Curnow Ellard

Scotland is out with the club suspension and he will come in for one of Ellard or Curnow. Armifeld is pretty much in for his defensive pressure and pace, the rest are in the best 18 (19 if you include McLean as a starter). Carlton have a lot of talls, they just all have a habit of getting injured.

FactHunt

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 27, 2013, 01:02:34 AM
Quote from: FactHunt on February 27, 2013, 12:40:48 AM

I know it has been said 100 times, but Waite is Carltons most important player. He is their best forward who can take the big marks and do it at ground level. It is just the injuries which get the better of him. As much as I love big Levi, he won't be in the team unless Waite, Hammer or Walker get injured. I had a quick look at their best 22, since pretty much everyone is fit, I can't squeeze him in.

If all stays as it is right now, the team round 1 will look something like this

Laidler Jamison Tuohy
Duigan Henderson Yarran
Simpson Carrazzo Gibbs
Robinson Waite Walker
Garlett Hampson Betts
Kreauzer Murphy Judd
McLean Armfield Curnow Ellard

Scotland is out with the club suspension and he will come in for one of Ellard or Curnow. Armifeld is pretty much in for his defensive pressure and pace, the rest are in the best 18 (19 if you include McLean as a starter). Carlton have a lot of talls, they just all have a habit of getting injured.

Nice work  :D

What is this... Carlton has depth?!?! and with MM at the helm. Uh-oh.  ;)