Post Nab Cup side, final team bar selections

Started by turry17, February 26, 2013, 10:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turry17

Backs:
Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Atley/Jacobs, Pittard, Goodes (Stevenson, Terlich)

Mids:
Swan, Ablett, Boyd, Pendlebury, Moloney, Wines, Mitchell, Omeara (Crouch, Viney)

Rucks:
Cox, Luenburger (Rowe, Currie)

Forwards:
Zorko, Rockliff, Martin, Sylvia, JJ Kennedy, Harper (Macaffer, Neade)

$27 300 left in the bank. Can't decide between those two down back. I reckon Kennedy is a safe option at that price and has the potential to go large every now and then. Harper average 59 last year in his non sub affected games, priced at 49 but I think he can go 70+
Thoughts?

Windigo

Not a big fan of Atley. In an awkward price range when you consider that he really won't be a top 6 back. So your paying 300K for a stepping stone. Could work.  :-\

Mids are solid, Boyd is the shower.  :)

Would rather cheaper options than Cox in the rucks, but that's just me.  :-\

FWD line is excellent, Harper is a different option. But seeing as your going with one speculative mid pricer maybe drop him to a more proven option like Knights? Just been in the system longer and has a few stats to justify his selection...

JJK should be a solid 70 scorer, would count on him to set the world on with his scoring.

Sold team none-the-less.  8)

turry17

Quote from: Windigo on February 26, 2013, 10:47:48 AM
Not a big fan of Atley. In an awkward price range when you consider that he really won't be a top 6 back. So your paying 300K for a stepping stone. Could work.  :-\

Mids are solid, Boyd is the shower.  :)

Would rather cheaper options than Cox in the rucks, but that's just me.  :-\

FWD line is excellent, Harper is a different option. But seeing as your going with one speculative mid pricer maybe drop him to a more proven option like Knights? Just been in the system longer and has a few stats to justify his selection...

JJK should be a solid 70 scorer, would count on him to set the world on with his scoring.

Sold team none-the-less.  8)

Cheers, Atley is risky but hopefully pays of early. Cox will be top 2/3 rucks this year so went him as safe option next to luey. Kennedy agreed will go 70 which hopefully means will be an upgrade early on. Harper is risky but hoping he can step into Boomers role for first 6 weeks then trade him out

turry17

Few tweaks made, have gone guns/rooks down back

Backs:
Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Vlastuin, Pittard, Goodes (Osborne, Terlich)

Mids:
Swan, Ablett, Boyd, Pendlebury, Moloney, Embley, Wines, Mitchell (Omeara, Crouch)

Rucks:
Maric, Luenburger (Ohalpin, Currie)

Forwards:
Zorko, Rockliff, Martin, Sylvia, Harper, Varcoe (Macaffer, Neade)

$13000 left over, thoughts?

Ricochet

Harper is a very interesting pick. You can see him having a good year?

turry17

Quote from: Ricochet on February 27, 2013, 02:50:30 PM
I think he will. Averaged 59 from his non sub affected games last year. Without Boomer there first few rounds means more ball his way hopefully. Can see him going 70-75 over the season, possibly more first six rounds with Harvey gone. Upgrade him after that or keep as bench cover for the year

Ricochet

Quote from: turry17 on February 27, 2013, 03:23:01 PM
I think he will. Averaged 59 from his non sub affected games last year. Without Boomer there first few rounds means more ball his way hopefully. Can see him going 70-75 over the season, possibly more first six rounds with Harvey gone. Upgrade him after that or keep as bench cover for the year
Have you considered Byrnes instead?
Cheaper and should go 75-80

turry17

Quote from: Ricochet on February 27, 2013, 03:26:09 PM
Quote from: turry17 on February 27, 2013, 03:23:01 PM
Have you considered Byrnes instead?
Cheaper and should go 75-80
I have, was between him and Varcoe for F6, went with Varcoe atm. Just like Harper this season, especially with no Harvey there to start with. If he can go bang that would be great but if first few rounds doesn't show a lot and Byrnes does then will consider trading. Just think Harper has the potential to do well

turry17

Updated side, thoughts??

Backs:
Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Vlastuin, Pittard, Goodes (Stevenson, Terlich)

Mids:
Swan, Ablett, Boyd, Pendlebury, Okeefe, Wines, Mitchell, Omeara (Crouch, Viney)

Rucks:
Bellchambers, Luenburger (Witts, Currie)

Forwards:
Franklin, Cox, Zorko, Rockliff, Karnezis, Macaffer (Patton, Neade)

Thoughts guys? Okeefe there for his easy start then will switch him with a premo after that

Swan fan

turry17

turry17

Changed my structure with the worry over Luenburger. How's this look?

Backs:
Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Vlastuin, Pittard, Goodes (Stevenson, Terlich)

Mids:
Swan, Ablett, Boyd, Pendlebury, K.Stevens, Wines, Mitchell, Omeara (Crouch, Viney)

Rucks:
Cox, Maric (Witts, Currie)

Forwards:
Franklin, Zorko, Rockliff, Robinson, Karnezis, Macaffer (Spangher, Neade)

$8600 left in the bank, any improvements to be made?

klankers

Looks good, only suggestion I might make is downgrade Kobe for a Rookie, someone cheaper with much more upside...

Also, is Spangher going to play Round 1? Has looked good in the NAB cup, but I am not sure.

turry17

Quote from: klankers on March 13, 2013, 11:13:46 AM
Looks good, only suggestion I might make is downgrade Kobe for a Rookie, someone cheaper with much more upside...

Also, is Spangher going to play Round 1? Has looked good in the NAB cup, but I am not sure.
Which rookie would you go him to? I think he's locked in for 22 games this season at the doggies. Spangher I'm not sold on either. He is there if names round one if not will trade to someone who is

klankers

Whitfield/Lonergan? Not sure, if you are happy with Kobe and think he will get more than a rookie, then by all means keep him  ;)

I like the look of Spangher as well, actually had him in my team for a bit, but dropped him earlier this week, too risky...