E2's Final Preparations

Started by essendon2, February 25, 2013, 08:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Hey mate, pretty nice team. Like the inclusion of ROK, personally I think he will dominate early.

Essentially the only difference between our teams (with my predicted averages) is:

Smith (78) + Ball (93)               =171
vs
Zorko (103) + Whitfield (81)      =184

So it really depends - if you think Smith & Ball will score more than I have predicted for them, your strategy might just be a goer, but I actually have Zorko and Whitfield scoring 13ppg MORE than Zmith and Ball... The added bonus to this is Whitfield will increase in price more than Ball given his less-inflated price tag.

In all honesty, I think I would go with a premium ruck OR sub Cox to the rucks and get in a premium fwd instead of Zmith, and probably just about go Whitfield over Ball because in my books you will be ahead on points AND have more cash to burn after they increase in price...

...Just my thoughts, hope they help. :)

Dutchie64

Thanks Toga.....

The team is far from finished but I'll take your suggestions on board

Toga

Quote from: Dutchie64 on March 08, 2013, 11:56:47 AM
Thanks Toga.....

The team is far from finished but I'll take your suggestions on board

No worries - do you think my predicted averages are fair? ??? Just interested! :)

Toga

Also Luke Ball may miss Round 1 due to complications from Knee Surgery.

Dutchie64

I certainly think they are ball park....

My concern with Whitfield though is that he won't play every match (just look at last year when Sheeds rotated them throughout the season) and that Z.smith will play every match and you therefore end up with more points during the season or the first 8 to 10 rounds anyway.

Even if I were to upgrade Z.Smith after lets say 8 rounds he would have scored 8x78 (=624 points) points but Whitfield might have only played 5 matches during the first 8 rounds (5x81= 405 points). Both would have increased in price, and admittedly, Whitfield probably more so than Smith but the point is (as far as I can see) to make AND cash as well as points.

That's my way of thinking and it has stood me in good stead these last few seasons.

Toga

Yep what you're saying definitely DOES have merit, BUT! Coniglio missed only one out of the first 10 games of 2012 - Sheeds will be eager to get some games into the likes of Whitfield and O'Rourke so I can see them featuring regularly over the first half of the season, maybe being rested on and off after the bye... But that's where our need for him ends, as we'll trade him out around that point ;)

Dutchie64

Fair point......and I did have Conigs last season ;)

DT is always a bit of a gamble mate and you just hope that you picked the right player at the time.

Not long to go now and all our questions will be answered for another season!!!

essendon2

Quote from: Toga on March 08, 2013, 11:36:05 AM
Hey mate, pretty nice team. Like the inclusion of ROK, personally I think he will dominate early.

Essentially the only difference between our teams (with my predicted averages) is:

Smith (78) + Ball (93)               =171
vs
Zorko (103) + Whitfield (81)      =184

So it really depends - if you think Smith & Ball will score more than I have predicted for them, your strategy might just be a goer, but I actually have Zorko and Whitfield scoring 13ppg MORE than Zmith and Ball... The added bonus to this is Whitfield will increase in price more than Ball given his less-inflated price tag.

In all honesty, I think I would go with a premium ruck OR sub Cox to the rucks and get in a premium fwd instead of Zmith, and probably just about go Whitfield over Ball because in my books you will be ahead on points AND have more cash to burn after they increase in price...

...Just my thoughts, hope they help. :)

Smith (80) + Ball (95)               =175
vs
Zorko (100) + Whitfield (82)      =182

I agree, Option B is the better option  ;)
&
love the inclusion of ROK mate  8)

Toga

Sorry to hijack your thread a bit btw e2 :-X

essendon2

Quote from: Toga on March 08, 2013, 03:01:42 PM
Sorry to hijack your thread a bit btw e2 :-X
that's alright mate!

here's what the team looks like, I like this structure a lot - think it'll stay this way.

I've gone Beams > Boyd > Watson
Heppell > Hartlett (could change any sec)
Roughead > Ryder (could change)
DMarts and Robbo aren't convincing me either :-\
14k left

Money

I like the set up, was actually thinking of using it myself but I just think with only 4 mid premos may be too risky :/

essendon2

Quote from: Money on March 09, 2013, 06:07:31 PM
I like the set up, was actually thinking of using it myself but I just think with only 4 mid premos may be too risky :/
it is risky, however, I think it's certainly less risky than say having Karnezis at F5, Macaffer at F6, then Setanta/Patton at F7!

Toga

After much thought I reckon I've settled on the 4 premium mid strategy...

Beams -> Whitfield has allowed me to go Colquhon -> Heppell AND T.Lee -> Petterd!

essendon2

I know I've changed it around quite often lately, but I just need 5 Guns in the MIDS.. I'm not confident starting with only 4.

I've gone:
Heppell --> Hibberd
Beams --> Boyd
Martin --> Neade
Paparone --> Lee
Whitfield --> Murphy
Pittard --> Armstrong

Therefore, this makes the head2head
Heppell + Beams + Martin + Whitfield + Pittard
vs
Hibberd + Boyd + Macaffer + Murphy + Armstrong

Toga

My opinions on the head to head:

Heppell (94) + Beams (118) + Martin (92) + Whitfield (80) + Pittard (65)          =449

Hibberd (83) + Boyd (115) + Macaffer (72) + Murphy (108) + Armstrong (82)    =460

Although atm I am an advocate of only starting four midfield premiums + Whitfield because it allows me to have four def premiums, and play no rookies on field in my fwd line!