E2's Final Preparations

Started by essendon2, February 25, 2013, 08:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

essendon2

Quote from: Windigo on March 04, 2013, 08:51:57 PM
Mummy won't be play NAB. And I'd agree with TABs stating that he won't play until round 2.

We have the same backline, near identical midfield & fwd line...
love you Windi  :P :-*

Pittard --> Siewarskrisdor (NM)
Mummy --> McEvoy

Quote from: Adamant on March 04, 2013, 08:43:00 PM
Really like this side E2, very strong overall.

Backline isn't too weak at all. Most people will be running with the 3 premo backline and with quality rooks back there, why not? Really like Hartlett and considering him as my 3rd and final back premo as well.

The midfield is faultless, very similar to mine. I've gone with Boyd over Beams for safety, but Beamsy could push 120+ easily.

Not a fan of Mummy tbh, I'm pretty sure he is missing the rest of NAB with bone bruising? either way, not my cup of tea. Would definitely prefer big boy McEvoy here.

Forward line is looking pretty damn strong too. Zorko, Rocky and Robbo will all be in the top 6 forwards comfortably, still not entirely sold on Dusty, but still seriously considering him myself. If he can finish off games better, he'll push the 95 mark easy. Karnezis could be solid I suppose.

Nice work.

thanks mate!  ;D

essendon2

Hartlett v Heppell
Beams v Boyd
Murphy v Redden
Varcoe v Knights v Byrnes
--> just need to work those 4 out, and I'm done  8)

Jukes

Barra17

I'd go Hartlett, Beams, Murphy, Varcoe.

Toga

Hartlett, Beams, Redden & Knights for me. 8)

essendon2

Hartlett is locked at D3

Boyd v Beams is killing me

Murphy > Redden at the moment, just because Redden tends to start the season slowly whereas Murphy is the opposite.
I can't have Murphy + Beams though because then my 5 Guns all miss Rnd13  :-[

Varcoe > Knights at the moment too

Toga

Quote from: essendon2 on March 05, 2013, 02:50:10 PM
Hartlett is locked at D3

Murphy > Redden at the moment, just because Redden tends to start the season slowly whereas Murphy is the opposite.

Both Boyd & Beams will be fantastic this year so you can't really go on BUT I'd pick Beams as he has more scope for improvement.

Redden has been locked all preseason for me and literally has not moved from my team. Think he will be a superstar this year 8) And that's gotta come into consideration - I personally have Beams over Boyd, and because of that, Redden is in front of Murphy for me given byes etc. I also think he will average more.

I'm still not sold on Varcoe, all the rage hasn't really got me excited at all :-X

essendon2

Quote from: Toga on March 05, 2013, 02:57:24 PM
Quote from: essendon2 on March 05, 2013, 02:50:10 PM
Hartlett is locked at D3

Both Boyd & Beams will be fantastic this year so you can't really go on BUT I'd pick Beams as he has more scope for improvement.

Redden has been locked all preseason for me and literally has not moved from my team. Think he will be a superstar this year 8) And that's gotta come into consideration - I personally have Beams over Boyd, and because of that, Redden is in front of Murphy for me given byes etc. I also think he will average more.

I'm still not sold on Varcoe, all the rage hasn't really got me excited at all :-X
Beams and Boyd - can't exactly go wrong with either so that's alright  ::)

Murphy started like a house on fire last year and I really don't want to miss out on that; but I certainly rate Redden. He's been in my team more times than Ablett haha but his NAB Cup performances haven't filled me with much confidence... I know 'it's just NAB Cup' but an average of 1 tackle per game... really Jack? come on!  :P

Varcoe hasn't excited me at all, but I really don't want to start Macaffer at F6, unless Patton/O'Halplhin/Mayes are guaranteed games 100%  :-\

Toga

yeah exactly either one will be good so i guess its just up to your personal preference :P but as i said beams is more likely to improve his average than boyd is ;)

yeah murphy's start was appealing but his 'hot streak' ended when he started getting tagged - will he still get tagged this year, and will he be able to deal with it better than he did last year?

patton would be easily in the giant's 22 wouldn't he? ???

essendon2

Quote from: Toga on March 05, 2013, 03:19:08 PM
yeah exactly either one will be good so i guess its just up to your personal preference :P but as i said beams is more likely to improve his average than boyd is ;)

yeah murphy's start was appealing but his 'hot streak' ended when he started getting tagged - will he still get tagged this year, and will he be able to deal with it better than he did last year?

patton would be easily in the giant's 22 wouldn't he? ???
Would love to find an extra 70k somewhere to go Murphy --> Boyd!

Yeah but is his scoring potential worth his price tag?  ???

Adamant

Quote from: essendon2 on March 05, 2013, 12:07:30 PM
Hartlett v Heppell
Beams v Boyd
Murphy v Redden

Tough, I'll go with Heppell just.

Toss of the coin. Boydy for safety, Beams if you want to take a risk. I've gone with Boydy myself.

I had Redden in 2011, so love him... but honestly, he's overrated. His ceiling is simply too low for him to average 110+. I know he goes over the 120 mark quite often, but he never scores 135+ to make up for the 70-90s he gets.

Varcoe for me, but not really a fan of any of the three tbh. Knights and Byrnes have both looked very ordinary during NAB.

essendon2

Quote from: Adamant on March 05, 2013, 08:53:15 PM
Quote from: essendon2 on March 05, 2013, 12:07:30 PM
Hartlett v Heppell
Beams v Boyd
Murphy v Redden

Tough, I'll go with Heppell just.

Toss of the coin. Boydy for safety, Beams if you want to take a risk. I've gone with Boydy myself.

I had Redden in 2011, so love him... but honestly, he's overrated. His ceiling is simply too low for him to average 110+. I know he goes over the 120 mark quite often, but he never scores 135+ to make up for the 70-90s he gets.

Varcoe for me, but not really a fan of any of the three tbh. Knights and Byrnes have both looked very ordinary during NAB.
Downgrade Varcoe --> O'Halplhin/Patton
upgrade Murphy --> Beams

who's your F6/7/8?

Toga

Current fwd line:

Zorko, Rockliff, Robinson, Martin, Karnezis, Patton/O'Hailpin (Macaffer, Rowe)

I'd do that if I were you - Beams is a jet and no guarantees Varcoe will even score that well :-X

essendon2

Quote from: Toga on March 06, 2013, 12:28:21 PM
Current fwd line:

I'd do that if I were you - Beams is a jet and no guarantees Varcoe will even score that well :-X
I've actually gone:
Murphy --> Whitfield
Varcoe --> Cox
McEvoy --> Maric
???

Toga

Quote from: essendon2 on March 06, 2013, 01:07:55 PM
Quote from: Toga on March 06, 2013, 12:28:21 PM
Current fwd line:

I've actually gone:
Murphy --> Whitfield
Varcoe --> Cox
McEvoy --> Maric
???

Really quite like that mate! I did similar yesterday: Redden -> Whitfield, Terlich -> Stanley/Grimes & T.Lee -> Karnezis 8)

Reckon that downgrade in the mids (to Whitfield who should be a gun and a very decent scorer this season) allows good upgrades elsewhere on the field, definitely worth it 8)