Is Berger Really Worth It?

Started by colmullet, February 25, 2013, 03:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colmullet

realistically though if he could average 90 coming off this long lay-off with injury and made ~150K then you'd be pretty happy

quinny88

Yeah i tend to agree Col, although when someone like Nicnat is averaging 10 ppg more it is going to hurt not doing the swap earlier

quinny88

Quote from: colmullet on February 25, 2013, 06:49:57 PM
realistically though if he could average 90 coming off this long lay-off with injury and made ~150K then you'd be pretty happy

90 would frustrate me I think. Would never make big money off him and would have to make an awkward trade to get someone else in

colmullet

yeah for sure i wouldn't consider a 90Avg a keeper, you would definately swap him out when he peaks, i just don't think he will deliver much more than that, and that's if he can stay on the park long enough

tor01doc

The money saved will be really helpful elsewhere if he gets games and scores 90's.

That is all I want from him. He will peak just at the right time and Bang - upgrade.

If he is rested, Cox DPP for R1 that round.

Should work.

Mykonos FC

Quote from: tor01doc on February 25, 2013, 06:57:30 PM
The money saved will be really helpful elsewhere if he gets games and scores 90's.

That is all I want from him. He will peak just at the right time and Bang - upgrade.

If he is rested, Cox DPP for R1 that round.

Should work.

Yep, that's the plan  :)

Belegur

Agree with the above can be a keeper but if he's struggling will be easy to jump to Nik Nat, problem is West Coast play 7 days before Brisbane, so with that DPP strategy your gunna have to play a forward rookie insted of burger regardless if he plays Round1 or not.

Forgive me if im wrong, but my undersatinding of sc rules this year is that you'll be able to tinker with this up until the brisbane game starts. So would you still select him if he'd not named for the game? If you decied on set and forget at the last minute you'll have cox stuck as a ruck R1.

Personally will prob go something like leave cox forward, Jacobs R1, Luey R2 if named (hopefully), else Goldy R2 with downgrade somewhere else. Anyway if he turns it on in the NAB it all academic

doogz

Decided to cut away the berger.  Last year I went from mumford to leuy to sandi to maric.  All i want is the least amount of risk in my rucks. 

Taking Maric and McEvoy. set and forget.  If they rest one due to soreness I will have cox and nait in future to swap with rowe.

Griffo1982

I think he will end up with an average close to 90 with a lower average maybe around 70-80 for the first half when he's easing back into it but really hitting his straps towards the end of the season if he stays injury free which might turn an average of 90 into a keeper.

strikes91

im not spending that extra money when there is the chance big leuy could outscore other ruckman. excluding big cox

tbagrocks

For the price although a little high, what are the other options really? Spend 200k on an underperforming premo or save 150-200k and take a promising rook

Really we just need to lock the Berger it seems the easiest and more riskyless option

Sabretooth Tigers

Can you afford to take Leuey without the DPP backup ?  I think not. Can't think of any feasible sideway trade options that can produce a reasonable score or manufacture any currency. For me at the moment it's Ryder and Mumford with Cox up forward.

tbagrocks

Well if Paddy Ryder is fit he is worth a forward spot imo, Cox either, JJ :o Jenkins wil surprise many!

I don't personally think the R/F conection is overly worth it but if Ryder is fit then he's a huge get, but I believe he's currently not fit? ???

auscoyote

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on February 26, 2013, 12:56:14 AM

Can you afford to take Leuey without the DPP backup ?  I think not. Can't think of any feasible sideway trade options that can produce a reasonable score or manufacture any currency. For me at the moment it's Ryder and Mumford with Cox up forward.

Yeah its doing my head in since 211 went down. I moved cox into the rucks but with no dpp cover for the burger its risky!

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 26, 2013, 03:40:35 AM
Well if Paddy Ryder is fit he is worth a forward spot imo, Cox either, JJ :o Jenkins wil surprise many!

Agree with Jenkins being a possible solution too along with the other cheaper rucks in martin or smith
Damn you Sandi for scewing up my team >:(
At least we have a few more weeks to sort it out  :)

tbagrocks

The FF at Adelaide plus ruck reliever, can score very well, set to boom :o  only played 11 games :o

Almost a bit unfair he's copping the price tage as he has played 11 games, but when have VS been fair ???

Keep an eye on JJ for the next two games! If he has goo numbers in both then GET ON!!!