DazBurg's Nab Round 1 review

Started by DazBurg, February 25, 2013, 12:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DazBurg

ok guys and girls as some of you have noticed i have been posting my thoughts on players who stood out in my eyes
well i though i would post a complete review of my thoughts from each game
now at the end of my little speech on each player the number in bold is the score they got for that particular game
or games
now at the end of it i have done a table of the top 10 highest combined total scorers and then individual games scorers
i have put there TOG% and then the breakdown of there points per minute now before ppl deliberately begin picking holes in the points per minute i have taken just the whole number no round up or down so for example is it came to 2.47894351 or 2.424905686 either way no rounding up or down i simply put it down as 2.4 ok
well enough of that here is my thoughts hope some find it useful if now i understand please let me know so i wont go to so much trouble after next round...lol

BTW i will post this in SC section aswell even though the scores are DT but never the less some do appreciate seeing who played well and don't play both forms (ringo has already said this in one of the topics on SC when i posted so he was happy i posted there aswell so i will continue to do so :) )
ok here goes

Essendon VS Bulldogs

Essendon
Nick Kommer - can find the pill and kicking looked good - 44 -
Brendon Goddard - Flew under the radar but still racked up 14 touches - 46 -
Dyson Heppell- Looked good played in middle involved alot - 50 -

Bulldogs
Matthew Boyd - Can still find it at will - 58 -
Brett Goodes - good poise and effective found it a bit - 32 -

Bulldogs vs Collingwood

Bulldogs
Brett Goodes -  good poise and effective found it a bit hard at it - 31 -
Lin Jong - butchered it to start maybe nerves but found heaps of the ball - 28 -
Clay Smith - found alot in the midfield - 49 -

Collingwood
Dane Swan - Is bloody Everywhere - 23 - no idea how he only scored this with 9 possies
Brent Macaffer - only couple touches but looked poised when he had it - 28 -
Jordan Russell - Ball wasn't near him alot but did ok when near him - 19 -
Travis Cloke - going by this game might turn into a non fantasy type got bloody lucky to score that well - 42 -

Essendon Vs Collingwood

Essendon
Brendon Goddard - didn't fly under the radar this time may have had less touches then first game but impact was more noticeable - 55 -
Dyson Heppall - got better and better as the night went on finishing strongly - 36 -

Collingwood
Jordan Russell - after first game nerves are over seemed to step up more played brillantly 34-
Pendlebury - was quiet first half and decided to start moving up a gear in 2nd half find more of the footy - 29 -
Brent Macaffer - couple of touches early but then died right out - 30 -
Travis Cloke - poor again 6 touches 2 marks 1.1 ark and point come from pack mark went up about 30 cm behind pack by himself and goal came from free kick 2 other touches were gifts too - 28 -
Ben Sinclair - i liked the look of him looked very lively around the goals quick ad clean pick ups and quick to get ball on foot -  20 -

players who scored well that i haven't mentioned
Dempsey with scores of - 57 and 55

West Coast Vs Geelong

West Coast
Masten - good early with good clearance work - 26 -
Embley - got some of it looked good at times but deep play deep in backline (but no hurn or waters in side) - 16 -
Darling - Kicked goals and lead up well just dominated - 34 -
Wilson - was quite good in the first half one of the highest possessions winners in first half died out in 2nd half though - 20 -

Geelong
Varcoe didn't look to good down back but looked more dangerous in 2nd half when switched back forward - 28 -
Horlin-Smith - got a run in the middle found the ball alot and got to most contests good signs - 32 -
T.Hunt- looked good when in 2nd half was brought onto a wing - 27 -
Bartel and selwood - quiet first halves but as you expect from these guys come home flying
22 for Bartel and 23 for selwood
Sheringham - looked quite good and seemed quiet composed - 31 -

Fremantle Vs Geelong

Fremantle
D.Pearce - had alot of touches especially in the first half but his kicking was quite poor at times (not a problem for DT but for those considering SC may need  to see how he goes next time just to help with decision) - 21 -
Walters - looked real sharp crumbed well moved up ground well and show good speed - 34 -
Barlow and Mzungu - quite the same as bartel and selwood game before - quiet first halves but as you expect from these guys come home flying
44 for barlow and 35 for Mzungu

Geelong
Selwood - got the first game out of way and stayed in high gear great game - 48 -
Stevie J - played only the 2nd half and got alot of touches running through the middle - 35 -
M.brown - Presented well and had a few shots on goal his goal kicking let him down though -  42 -

West Coast Vs Fremantle

West Coast
Priddis- at every contest as his usual self - 51 -
Embley - with hurn playing the 2nd game embley moved higher up the ground looked good and got a bit of the ball - 26 -
Wellingham - looks nice and settled at the eagles already and having the first game out of the way (did not play in 1st game) should only improve - 35 -
Masten - bit quieter but again showed some nice glimpses - 41 -

Fremantle
wasn't a real lot for them in this game
walters- continued trying and showed some nice signs again - 18 -

players that done well aswell over both games
Crozier - was lively but not a fantasy prospect really at this stage - 25, 17 -
Gaff - just went about it getting a fair bit a ball without standing right out (flew under radar) - 31, 27 -
C.Pearce - was a consistent performer for them in both games probably a toss up between him and walters for best player for the night from dockers that played both games - 36, 18 -
Enright - as like with selwood/bartel/johnson/priddis done exactly what we come to expect got alot of the ball and proves his still worth the premo price tag despite getting older - 27, 22 -

Adelaide vs St Kilda

St Kilda
Gwilt - looks the general of the backline team mates look for him for drive from the back half - 48 -
Ray- played great got a ton of the ball and rd the flight real well -  52 -
Saad - kicked a early goal before moving up onto a wing looked at home there aswell finding the ball alot - 36 -
Dennis-Lane - not really a great fantasy option atm but kicked 2 goals and looked settled in the saints forward line -  25 -
Siposs- was playing more deep backline made a few runs up into the middle beautiful booing kick helps break the lines for the saints (if he can improve could be the next Hurn) - 35 -

Adelaide
Ellis-Yolmen - Got a bit of it in the first half in tight close contests looked unerved and settled with some nice skills - 11 -
Crouch- lock this boy in looked settled looked ready and will play - 17 -
Wright- flew a little under the radar but i did like the look of his work and shall continue after his great season of last year - 46 -
Tambling surprisingly he went nuts on a HB line was getting the pill left right and center. though his disposal let him down big time - 26 -

StKilda VS Port Adelaide

St Kilda
Hickey- With Mcevoy not playing this game hickey had more time to shine and he looked good in the ruck contests and good marking hands around the ground - 21 -
not a whole lot else for them they were dominated

Port Adelaide
Wines- just like crouch looked at home loved his goal was quick to respond to the play on call and settled before driving it home poised and composed and ready to roll - 27 -
Pittard- in the first half started down back and done some nice drive out of Def in 2nd half pushed up further and kept on driving found it quite a bit and looked good -22 -
Mitchell- the mature age recruit last year's sandover medalist look quite at home running through the midfield weather he starts round 1 or later could be a great pick - 16 -
Neade- Scrawny little guy like a stick but lively and presents finds heaps of it and even showed he has a good footy brain - 35 -
Harlett - if he can stay injury free this season just might be his time to shine - 40 -

Adelaide vs Port Adelaide

Adelaide
Crouch - Finding alot more of it now - lock him in - 25 -
Tambling -  getting heaps of it again his disposal to start with still poor but improved in 2nd half - 36 -
Wright - just went again under the radar accumulating touches  - 34 -
Jenkins - provided a great target forward some good marks and good leads but his goal kicking let him down -  49 -

Port Adelaide
Mitchell- was in and around the ball a fair bit again made some poor decsions though - 34 -
Monfries - Scored well running through the midfield for the power - 43 -

North Melbourne Vs Melbourne

Roos
Jacobs - Looked good for the roos found heaps of it and created good drive kicking a nice super goal - 43 -
Swallow - as you'd expected racked it up looked in great shape - 50 -
Atley - looks like he may improve on last season looked good - 44 -

Demons
Viney - looked good and hard at it - 16 -
Jones - getting heaps of it as expected - 37 -
Byrnes - got some early touches looked alright but faded out in 2nd half - 15 -
Hogan - showed off his talent great body use reads the ball well and cannot play till next year - 28 -

Melbourne Vs Richmond

Demons
Watts - got a bit of it in the 1st half still makes a few mistakes - 43 -
Couch - looked alright got some touches and worked hard - 14 -
Jones - still finding the ball trying to keep his team in it - 25 -
Toumpas - looked nice and composed when ball in hands and good skills - 41 -

Tigers
Cotchin - Sublime skills and got plenty of it - 27 -
Morris - provided great drive from the backline - 13 -
Newman - playing more on the wing got a few touches and looked alright - 33 -
Deledio - just  a normal type game from Dlids accumulated a heap of touches as usual - 41 -

North Melbourne Vs Richmond

Roos
Harvey - proved he still has the goods too bad his missing the first 6 weeks of the year - 42 -
Tarrant - good work rate leads up well and looked good (except for a easy dropped mark) - 20-
Swallow - Kept getting the ball when roos need some lifting - 48 -
Daw - still quite raw but showed a glimpse with a fantastic goal that wouldn't look ou tof place for Buddy - 33 -

Richmond
Riewoldt - Looked ok in the first game in this one looks fantastic - 36 -
Newman - Done a few nice things again - 35 -
Vlaustin - Hard at it and classy looked great - 24 -

Gold Coast VS Hawthorn

Gold Coast
Thompson - he was playing on Franklin and more then held his own he looked real good - 38 -
May - started well and looked dangerous up forward - 20 -
O'Meara - looks ready to play round 1,composed hard at it and great skills - 19 -
Ablett - Smashed it as usual getting touches everywhere - 44 -
Bennell- was playing up forward and looked good kicking a couple of goals - 40 -
Broughton - ended up with a few touches but seemed pretty quiet from my perspective seemed to be playing deep in the backline - 26 -

Hawthorn
Rioli - played through the middle and looked good as he does every preseason - 32 -
Puopolo - done great work in the forward line looked dangerous whenever near it - hurt his knee right near the end though - 28 -
Smith - accumulated touches running through the midfield - 36 -
Wanganeen - looked real exciting and lively - 20 -
Suckling - Amassed heaps of it fantastic game and looked dangerous - 32 -

Brisbane Vs Hawthorn
Karnezis - Got a ton of it early then steadily continued getting touches looked real good - 45 -
Rockliff - running through the midfield was getting heaps and looked fantastic - 39 -
Moloney - great clearance work got heaps of it seems to have settled in well could be a bargain for fantasy - 42 -
Rich - Looked great got a heap of it and set things up well if \he keeps playing like this looks ready to take the next step - 50 -

Hawthorn
Wanganeen - Again looked exciting running through the middle - 32 -
Roughead - He was playing in the backline but that didn't stop him racking up the touches  - 27 -
Franklin - was pushing further up the ground and still got heaps of it without kicking a goal - 29 -
Langford - looks the type who just seems to find the ball and done quite well - 38 -

Gold Coast Vs Brisbane
Gold Coast
Lonergan - looked real good and polished - 28 -
O'Meara - got some touches again looks good - 19 -
Bennell - pushed a little higher then deep forward this time and found a fair bit of it - 21 -
Rishowerelli - found a bit of it against his old club could he turn back to 2011 form? - 28 -

Brisbane
Golby - Looked quite good bringing it out of there backline - 42 -
Moloney - getting some touches again looks super fit - 28 -
Zorko - Has done well in both games but not really a fantasy option anymore due to price now - 20 -
Rockliff - again he found a heap of it and looks in great shape should be set for a great year - 40 -

GWS Vs Carlton
GWS
Whitfield - finding a bit of the ball early looked alright continued getting a few touches in 2nd half - 32 -
Patton - Looking the goods early before having a quiet 2nd half - 25 -
Miles - Got leather poisoning had so much of it looked great but too dear for fantasy imo - 70 -

Carlton
Rowe - great game could be in with some games this season - 44 -
Gibbs - played midfield and found the ball well but turned it over 3 times in the game by foot which could be a worry - 36 -
Yarran - getting some touches looking good bit quieter in 2nd half but still got some touches - 24 -
McLean - found the ball well and laid some tackles which looks good on fantasy score sheets - 31 -

Sydney Vs Carlton

Sydney
McVeigh - got some touches and some tackles for the swans early - 63 -
O'Keefe - the norm smith medalist continuing with his great form - 47 -

Carlton
McLean - getting touches and tackles again scoring well - 45 -
Simpson - driving the blues forward quite well - 29 -
Murphy - after a quiet first game starting to find some touches now- 33 -
Gibbs - again getting some touches through the middle and getting a goal - 38 -

GWS Vs Sydney

GWS
S.Reid - looked quite good especially in the conditions for a big guy - 30 -
Greene - Had a fairly good first game now having an even better 2nd game finding a fair bit of it - 66 -
Cameron - looks great up forward as he did last season - 30 -
Patton - Kicked a couple again and looked good -  34 -

Sydney
Armstrong - getting a fair few touches bout the only one so far - 36 -
McVeigh - Again one of only a few actually doing something for the swans  - 32 -
Parker - Getting a few touches now that he isnt the sub like last year - 27 -
Towers - looked quite good throughout it got some touches some tackles and a goal - 37 -

After round one
here is a couple of lists of top 10's in total score's single game scores and Time on ground scores
Highest total combined game scores
Highest total combined game scores
Name         Score   Ave   TOG%      points per min on ground
Courtenay Dempsey    = 112   56   79%, 86%      1.69
Brendon Goddard    = 101   50.5   77%, 82%      1.58
Andrew Swallow    =  98   49   81%, 66%      1.66
Toby Greene      =  95   47.5   79%, 77%      1.52
Jarrad McVeigh      =  95   47.5   85%, 90%      1.35
Michael Hibberd   =  92   46   77%, 75%      1.51
Dyson Heppell      =  86   43   81%, 74%      1.38
David Myers      =  83   41.5   71%, 67%      1.50
Matthew Priddis   =  83   41.5   71%, 95%      1.25
Jack Steven      =  82   41   63%, 56%      1.72

Highest individaul game scores
Anthony Miles      =  70   69%            2.53
Toby Greene      =  66   77%            2.14
Jarrad McVeigh      =  63   85%            1.85
Scott McMahon      =  61   90%            1.69
Matthew Boyd      =  58   75%            1.93
Courtney Dempsey   =  57   79%            1.80
Nick Lower      =  57   79%            1.80
Brendon Goddard   =  55   82%            1.67
Courtney Dempsey   =  55   86%            1.59
Scott D. Thompson   =  54   100%            0.74

note: as pointed out up the top these ate DT only scores but since they do not do SC scores for round 1 i thought those that only do SC and not both may still like to look at who i thought done well

Mat0369

I just managed into the first game, but Goodes 'scores' are way over inflated.

DazBurg

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 25, 2013, 12:20:25 AM
I just managed into the first game, but Goodes 'scores' are way over inflated.
well thats how DT saw he scored
still cannot understand how Dane swan only got 23 in that game he was everywhere

Mat0369

Quote from: DazBurg on February 25, 2013, 12:23:08 AM
still cannot understand how Dane swan only got 23 in that game he was everywhere

Goodes had a lot of kicks which is where he got his points I guess. His disposal impressed me, but his ball winning ability did not. Was a crisp kick but I don't remember him really getting many touches other then those from kickouts to himself. He would then hit a lot of short targets which SC does not score very highly.

DazBurg

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 25, 2013, 12:37:20 AM
Quote from: DazBurg on February 25, 2013, 12:23:08 AM

Goodes had a lot of kicks which is where he got his points I guess. His disposal impressed me, but his ball winning ability did not. Was a crisp kick but I don't remember him really getting many touches other then those from kickouts to himself. He would then hit a lot of short targets which SC does not score very highly.
yeah true but was in the thick of it alot too hard at the contest so may still be a good grab if elevated

quinny88

Great work Daz. Deffinetly some interesting names that have surfaced after round 1