Brad Crouch

Started by Football Factory, February 24, 2013, 12:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Brad Crouch keeps it simple - for himself and selectors

FIVE things we learned about the Adelaide Crows in their trial match against Fremantle.

WHAT WE LEARNED

1. Pencil Brad Crouch in for Round 1.

The beauty of the Crows youngster is he rarely forces anything.

He almost always makes the smart, simple play and it won't be long before outside runners like Patrick Dangerfield, David Mackay and Matt Jaensch begin feeding off him because he's unselfish almost to a fault.

He had 15 disposals by half-time yesterday and his pass inside 50 to set up Brodie Martin's second goal was all class. He looks capable of making the step up from the SANFL with ease.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/brad-crouch-keeps-it-simple-for-himself-and-selectors/story-e6frf9jf-1226584216371

Insider out

bit harsh on my boy tambling :( thought he was one of he best.

I love Crouch but I will be a little cautious before locking him in. I think there could be better options out there from purely a DT perspective. Crouch can find the ball but will be a big handballer early on for crows - did this yesterday with 14 handballs from 18 touches, think he will also be in and out of the team subject to injuries. The Crows bat deep in th midfield this year.

Grazz

Quote from: Insider out on February 24, 2013, 12:55:27 PM
bit harsh on my boy tambling :( thought he was one of he best.

I love Crouch but I will be a little cautious before locking him in. I think there could be better options out there from purely a DT perspective. Crouch can find the ball but will be a big handballer early on for crows - did this yesterday with 14 handballs from 18 touches, think he will also be in and out of the team subject to injuries. The Crows bat deep in th midfield this year.

14 handballs from 18 possies does send shivers down your spine from a fantasy perspective. As a Crows supporter im happy as a fantasy player not so happy.

Insider out

14 handballs from 18 possies does send shivers down your spine from a fantasy perspective. As a Crows supporter im happy as a fantasy player not so happy.
[/quote]

"as a crows supporter" to another what is your view on Tambling?

Football Factory

If he has 20 possessions 15 handballs 5 kicks 3 tackles 3 marks he scores 66 points.. good enough for me at 108k

Grazz

Ive not been a fan of his since he arrived at Adelaide in all honesty mate. He has talent but  rarely been seen at a consistent level.
Im hoping with the support and backing of a coach he gains the confidence to go up a level to where we need him to be. Appears to be thriving with Sando in his corner thus far but a couple of hot days doesnt make a summer, i really would like to see the level he's playing at currently be more the norm rather than the exception for me to be convinced. Doing all thats asked of him at the minute to be fair and had a great year in 2012 in the SANFL. Still young enough to make good career but i think 2013 is his last crack at it with us, if it doesnt come off then he'll be looking for his third club sooner than later.

Mr.Craig

Crouch has always been handball happy. Just something we'll have to live with.

Andrew

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on February 24, 2013, 01:11:43 PM
If he has 20 possessions 15 handballs 5 kicks 3 tackles 3 marks he scores 66 points.. good enough for me at 108k

Well said. But it's job security which has to be the issue. Crows still have midfielders to return, don't they? Even if he's named Round 1, will he stay there? I've got O'Meara, Viney, Wines, and Kane Mitchell ahead of him in the JS security stakes and as such, they are in my side currently.

GM

Quote from: Andrew on February 24, 2013, 03:07:15 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on February 24, 2013, 01:11:43 PM

Well said. But it's job security which has to be the issue. Crows still have midfielders to return, don't they? Even if he's named Round 1, will he stay there? I've got O'Meara, Viney, Wines, and Kane Mitchell ahead of him in the JS security stakes and as such, they are in my side currently.
Should be fine at M10 imo

Toga

while he did have a showerload of handballs amongst his possessions, he's not a premium so I don't think I'm going to worry about it too much.

For someone at $108K like Crouch, 5K + 15H + 3T + 3M = 66DT which I'm not gonna complain about.

If it was a premium costing $520K+ and they were racking up 18 handballs amongst 25 possession, that's when I would be getting worried.

Will still be in my team!

tbagrocks

He will lay a few tackles as well to keep the scoring going, good news for SC is the hard ball gets

don't think we will see him kicking to much the first couple of years

Ricochet

Adelaide boys, can you see him playing 5-6 games in a row from round 1?

GM

Quote from: Ricochet on February 25, 2013, 12:14:23 PM
Adelaide boys, can you see him playing 5-6 games in a row from round 1?
Yep,but with vests imo.

tbagrocks

Crouch playing frees up Sloane and Danger a bit to get more outside footy, i'd say he'll play until he shows signs of fatuege, he's had two pre-seasons and 18 months in the system

nostradamus

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 25, 2013, 05:48:53 PM
Crouch playing frees up Sloane and Danger a bit to get more outside footy, i'd say he'll play until he shows signs of fatuege, he's had two pre-seasons and 18 months in the system

A shame you dont have him in AXV :P