M5 : Thompson, Murphy, Scotland, Sloane ???

Started by EL TIGER, February 23, 2013, 07:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best M5 Mid and why?

Thompson
Murphy
Scotland
Sloane
Another mid below $603K

EL TIGER

Frankfaust1

GoLions

Swan Fan

Kennedy, Jack or O'Keefe all will smash it up in the first 3 rounds...  play Giants, Suns and North..   :o

Jroo

Murphy, is a gun when fit and he's underpriced. Only problem is he didn't handle the tag too well last year, but I think he'll be fine and be one of the top midfielders in 2013. Go with Murphy  :)

batt

Other options are:

Scooter Selwood (could break 115 without primary tagging duties)
Mundy (averaged 116 in 2011 taking away his injury game)
Swallow (as always knocking on the door to become elite but didn't deliver last year)
Priddis (ultra consistent scoring)
Redden (if  you don't already have a Lions overload)

Murph is the only one you mentioned who should be considered for your team, however last year he consistently showed he is terrible when getting the primary tagger (averaged 105).  He could turn into NDS2012 with the blink of an eye.

GoLions

Quote from: Swan Fan on February 23, 2013, 07:48:31 PM
Kennedy, Jack or O'Keefe all will smash it up in the first 3 rounds...  play Giants, Suns and North..   :o
Kennedy is ~$640k. Jack should definitely start well though.

LF

Scotland is suspended for first 2 games
Fyfe is underpriced imo
Jack and Kennedy should bang out some awesome scores with the Swans draw for the start of the season
Swallow could be a good pod and looked good last night I`d keep my eye on him

Colliwobblers

Kennedy should be in every team with his draw early.

But to the poll - Murphy, Gibbs in the midfield this season? he could get tagged, Murphy doesnt hanle a tag well, he may get better at it this season or gibbs may take attention away from him.

either way he (Murphy) is cheap enough to risk and has to be considered for SC.

not sure sloane will get there this season? but he will get there. to Elite that is.

Gaff a bit outside for SC but he is going to blow this season apart.

Jack Rok Hanneberry could be good to get on for the first 6 then upgrade them sideways after they increase in value after 6 big games.

is jack too dear? him too otherwise :)

nrich102

EL TIGER

Mmmmm, I cannot shake the memories of Murphy's games against Freo and Saints in 2012, Crowley and C Jones took him to the cleaners....

If other taggers have studied these games...

Fyfye firming up as the lock for me (If going with a 5 prem mid - looking more likely)

tbagrocks

tbags smokey is Rory Sloane, 114 at the bye last year but the training got to him and played the season out onna flank

Will be fitter this year ;)

That or Fyfe/Gaff/Bennell, Bennell :o

no eye deer

Fyfe is great value this year, but ive gone Mundy as a bit of a POD. Reckon hes going to the elite level this year. Just got that feeling in me bones.......... ;)

Hagebear

RORY SLOANE......  Because he's going to tear 2013 a new one!

GCSkiwi

Murphy best of the named players but I agree with the chorus of fyfe... that or Priddis if you want a reliable but not ultra high scorer