Previous topic - Next topic

Which one?

Pendlebury
Boyd
Cotchin
Watson

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ziplock on February 23, 2013, 08:39:57 PM
where the flower did you find enough decent fwd rookies to only field 3 premiums.
I didn't I just found out Staker is injured. The other on field players are Knights and Maccafer and Daniher and Lee are on my bench :/

powersuperkents

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 23, 2013, 08:43:57 PM
agree with windy and zip.

there may be enough fwd rooks named for round 1, but i cant see who yet, kennedy at the pies would be a lock but he wont play early or much too many fwds there already with krak and caff back and elliot was good enough to be next in line.

neade should play, lee should, caff will - who else is there up fwd ?

i would move broughton to your fwd line if you are sold on having him and bring in another def rook.

you can move him back to def as you upgrade.
I don't have Terlich in my backline so I'll probs sub Staker and Broughton and then downgrade Staker. If I had to get rid of a back it would be Broughton or Hartlett. I can't drop Goddard, Stanley (especially), Gibbs or Birchall they are just too good in my eyes

powersuperkents

TBH none of the forwards really look desirable. I already have Franklin, Cox and Rockliff and besides them the only other forward I want is Stevie J who is Chris Knights upgrade target

Adamant

Quote from: powersuperkents on February 23, 2013, 09:48:38 PM
TBH none of the forwards really look desirable. I already have Franklin, Cox and Rockliff and besides them the only other forward I want is Stevie J who is Chris Knights upgrade target

Mitch Robinson? Zorko? Dusty?

powersuperkents

Quote from: Adamant on February 23, 2013, 09:49:51 PM

Haha forgot about Dusty he is the other upgrade target. Zorko looks really good but think he's risky and Robbo completely turned me off after the second half of last season.

Adamant

Quote from: powersuperkents on February 23, 2013, 11:19:29 PM
Quote from: Adamant on February 23, 2013, 09:49:51 PM

Haha forgot about Dusty he is the other upgrade target. Zorko looks really good but think he's risky and Robbo completely turned me off after the second half of last season.

Robbo's poor end to the year was purely because of his eye injury and the tagging jobs he got.

Malthouse is now his coach and he doesn't generally tag, which means Robbo should maintain his 95+ average the whole year.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,71278.msg977240.html#msg977240

powersuperkents

haha I just checked him out. He's expected to break 100 in his average of the player profiles. Do you reckon I should try a Broughton -> Robbo upgrade. How long is Staker out for so I know whether to downgrade him or not?

powersuperkents

Dropped Staker for Terlich in the backs. I can go Broughton to Dustin Martin in the forwards

This leaves my backline like:
Goddard, Stanley, Gibbs, Birchall, Hartlett, Pittard Bench: Docherty, Terlich

and my forwards like:
Franklin, Cox, Rockliff, Martin, Knights, Maccaffer Bench: Daniher, Lee

How does that look?

m_zulian

Boydy!

Boydy has played 196 of a possible 217 games

ave last 3 years
2010 115
2011 116
2012 115

I would not choose Cotchin as he has only been a premium midfielder for one season. I like to choose players that have been premium midfielders for at least 2 years. Sure, he had a breakout season but circumstances may change. Newman and Martin spending more time in the midfield may affect his scores.

Boyd is consistent
In 2012, 64% of his scores were over 110, compared to
58% for Pendles
55% for Cotchin
50% for watson

He scores big
In 2012, 45% of his scores were over 125, compared to
30% for Watson
26% for Pendles
18% for Cotchin

Pay that little bit extra and choose the durable, that scores big on a consistent basis. He won't let you down.

GM

Quote from: m_zulian on February 26, 2013, 08:13:11 PM
Boydy!

Boydy has played 196 of a possible 217 games

ave last 3 years
2010 115
2011 116
2012 115

I would not choose Cotchin as he has only been a premium midfielder for one season. I like to choose players that have been premium midfielders for at least 2 years. Sure, he had a breakout season but circumstances may change. Newman and Martin spending more time in the midfield may affect his scores.

Boyd is consistent
In 2012, 64% of his scores were over 110, compared to
58% for Pendles
55% for Cotchin
50% for watson

He scores big
In 2012, 45% of his scores were over 125, compared to
30% for Watson
26% for Pendles
18% for Cotchin

Pay that little bit extra and choose the durable, that scores big on a consistent basis. He won't let you down.
This bloke is a proven Dt gun and priced accordingly.I understand coaches looking for value or breakout material but the mids to me, imo you just don't mess with.Boydy will be a starting unique pod this year which is what you need.I know we have more trades but premo mids are hard to get in with all the carnage and problems that arise elsewhere in your team every year.

Ricochet

Don't forget, Pendles played half a year with a broken leg and still hit 110.
He's so underpriced and gone 115+ before. I'd pick him before Boyd, but only just.

GM

Quote from: Ricochet on February 27, 2013, 11:39:53 AM
He's so underpriced and gone 115+ before. I'd pick him before Boyd, but only just.
Try both mate.

Ricochet

Quote from: greenmoon on February 27, 2013, 11:56:37 AM
Try both mate.
I can't fit Boydy in unfortunately with Ablett, Swan, Pendles, Beams

GM

Quote from: Ricochet on February 27, 2013, 11:58:20 AM
Try both mate.
You love those magpies mate.

Ricochet

Quote from: greenmoon on February 27, 2013, 12:06:40 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on February 27, 2013, 11:58:20 AM
Try both mate.
You love those magpies mate.
Gotta have the best, doesn't matter where they are from ;)