Started by powersuperkents, February 23, 2013, 05:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one?

Pendlebury
Boyd
Cotchin
Watson

powersuperkents

I currently have Cotchin but after the Rocky incident last year I'm starting to think similar things can happen. I also think he may often attract a tagger. But really like him. Big part in my team last year and most of me believes he is set for huge improvements and should achieve a 115+ average (I though the same with Rocky last year). The thing is Cotchin won't be like Rocky who only suffered bad scores because of his positioning and Hardwick should be playing Cotchin in the same position where he should most likely improve. There's also nothing better than a 100 every week or to see him pump out a 140

Boyd will require me freeing up cash and out of the three is my last option because I think he is getting old. But if I were to free up some cash say by downgrading Daw or Currie to Rowe, I could make the change Cotchin to Boyd

Pendlebury is the one whom I'm most comfortable bringing in place for Cotchin. I already have Swan which put me off because I don't like having to premo's from the same team in the same position and I've always thought of him as a second rate Dane Swan. I know he pumps out amazing scores but the fact he's out shadowed by Swan (my locked captain) turns me off it. Also I would like to know if he is an injury risk in any way

Had Watson last season fantastic player but in the same boat as Cotchin plus the whole doping incident with Essendon makes me anxious about him

I would just like to know what everyone thinks and their opinions on this dilemma
Cheers for voting and advice :)

GraysFan

I think Pendles have proved himself a little more then Cotchin and is well under-priced for what he's capable of. Boyd has still got it, but i plan on him being an upgrade target..

Adamant

Pendles easily - He is a must have. Boyd a close second.

Pendles is priced at a 110 average, but averaged 113.4 if you remove his sub affected 59. He also averaged 116 the year before, which means he is majorly underpriced for what he is capable of. I have Swan, Ablett, Boyd and Pendles locked.

Colliwobblers

Boyd = Pendlebury  > Cotchin

Cotchin will be a superstar and an elite fantasy mid

Boyd already is and is the most durable elite mid you can get.

Pendles is ultra consistent.

Cotchin is a risk and not cheap so I would start Boyd or Pendles.

Me having Swan, Ablett, Beams, Ball all from Pendles Bye round caused me to take Boyd.

For me Beams has gone past Pendles in DT, not SC maybe but in DT he has. Do you have Beams?

powersuperkents

Quote from: Adamant on February 23, 2013, 05:25:20 PM
Pendles easily - He is a must have. Boyd a close second.

Pendles is priced at a 110 average, but averaged 113.4 if you remove his sub affected 59. He also averaged 116 the year before, which means he is majorly underpriced for what he is capable of. I have Swan, Ablett, Boyd and Pendles locked.
That is a good point. I have no concerns with Pendlebury at all. The price in cheaper than Cotchin as well

Windigo

Saying that Boyd is too old isn't really a legitimate excuse not to pick him IMO.

Pendles could be seen as a value pick this year and should be close to a lock in many sides.  8)

Artax

Actually moved out Watson, Cotchin & Ball to get in Boyd, Pendles & Jack

powersuperkents

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 23, 2013, 05:27:17 PM
Boyd = Pendlebury  > Cotchin

Cotchin will be a superstar and an elite fantasy mid

Boyd already is and is the most durable elite mid you can get.

Pendles is ultra consistent.

Cotchin is a risk and not cheap so I would start Boyd or Pendles.

Me having Swan, Ablett, Beams, Ball all from Pendles Bye round caused me to take Boyd.

For me Beams has gone past Pendles in DT, not SC maybe but in DT he has. Do you have Beams?
No I don't have Beams but he averaged 101 than his massive year last season. To me he is more proven than Cotchin. I'll check out his price now

Colliwobblers

People only seemed to notice Beams last season, I started with him ( well i would have if he was fit) i brought him in ON his first game back.

2009 - 18 games avg 76
2010 - 25 games avg 87
2011 - 16 games avg 102 ( injured)
2012 - 24 games avg 116

I think he is elite now this will be his 3rd season averaging over 100 not his 2nd.

powersuperkents

You guys have me so far won on Pendles, I acknowledge that he will majorly increase in price. So I'm locked on him but I want to just hear anyone with a case for Boyd or Watson over Pendles or anyone with a case for Cotchin. Beams is too expensive but I will choose him if I can free up some cash

Artax

Not really a case for Boyd over Pendles as I have both but Boyd is super reliable week in week out. Started without him for the first time last year, will not make that mistake this year.

tbagrocks

Pendlebury underpriced > Watson > Boyd (upgrade target) >  -  > Cotchin

powersuperkents

I can free up some cash now because of the Staker injury and potentially go Redden to Cotchin or even try Redden to Boyd but to want to keep my RedRock combo in my side. I couldl downgrade Broughton and try get a midfield rookie up to Priddis or something

What are thoughts on Priddis will he average 100+ or not? or I could go Gaff

Just throwing the question out there :D

powersuperkents

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 23, 2013, 05:48:28 PM
Pendlebury underpriced > Watson > Boyd (upgrade target) >  -  > Cotchin
I've locked Pendles in :)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: powersuperkents on February 23, 2013, 05:42:08 PM
You guys have me so far won on Pendles, I acknowledge that he will majorly increase in price. So I'm locked on him but I want to just hear anyone with a case for Boyd or Watson over Pendles or anyone with a case for Cotchin. Beams is too expensive but I will choose him if I can free up some cash

pendles is dafe as houses, boyd is more durable and therefore also safe as houses.

boyd has a higher ceiling.

2010 -2012 inclusive

Boyd - 64 games - avg 115.5

Pendles - 62 games - avg 111.2

can you split them?  Boyd does have more DT score spikes that is about all. Pendles is younger, Pies are better, Boyd cannot be tagged no one has bothered trying to for years. Pendles will be tagged but less as Beams will get some of the attention.

Boyd has a better bye round if your taking swan and ablett already.... watsons is the same so is adelaides....