Main Menu

Nathan Foley ?

Started by Football Factory, February 23, 2013, 02:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Any Tiges fans know whats going on with Nathan Foley at the moment ?  .. haven't seen or heard much about him recently. The reason i ask is he's in my Fantasy Elite team..

Thanks in advance ..

Toga

Hey FF, unfortunately Foley is still on our injury list and is yet to resume full training after having surgery done on that troublesome achilles he injured last year in round 12. I think he is set to miss a few games at the start of the season, but I'm not sure exactly when he'll be back, because all injury lists I've seen have his return listed as 'TBA'.

QuoteNathan Foley  -  Foot surgery (Achilles)  -  Round 11, 2012  -  TBA

Nige

Yeah, injuries have riddled him for a bit but he's due to come back not too long after the season starts from what I read (somewhere, I can't remember where). Hopefully he returns soon, such a good player when in form and injury free. Also a best 22 player but we have plenty of depth to cover his absence.

Football Factory

Ahh spewin(didnt know that one at the time of draft)   ..thanks  .. he can warm the pine till he comes back.

Toga

quinny88

Been a real shame the injuries that Foley has suffered throughout his career. Has always been on the verge of elite then gets cut down by an injury

Chelskiman

Article released today about both Foley and Grimes.  These two players are really important for us and when they become fully fit again they're going to add so much more to our squad. 

Richmond is pleased with the progress being made by key pair, Nathan Foley and Dylan Grimes, on the comeback trail from long-term injury problems and expects both players to have an impact, sooner rather than later, in season 2013.

Foley is recovering from a rupture of the Achilles tendon in his right foot, which he suffered last July, while Grimes is returning from the latest bout of hamstring surgery that he underwent late last year.

“They’re tracking well, although they definitely won’t play Round 1, Tigers coach Damien Hardwick told Fox Sports.

“Nathan is back to his previous best sprint work.  We’ve just got to make sure we manage his loads and get him up and going.

“He’ll probably be back about Round 5-7, somewhere around there.

“Dylan is training full-time with the group now, and we’ve just got to make sure we get some game time into him.”

Hardwick admitted there were some initial concerns for Grimes’ long-term football future, when he again ripped the hamstring, during an early pre-season training session at Moorabbin, but they had now been allayed.

“We had a fantastic success with the operation, we found the problem and we are very confident the issue has been rectified,” Hardwick said.

“We look forward to Dylan playing a long and distinguished career for this footy club.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-03-13/tiger-guns-on-the-mend

quinny88

Foley was never playing round 1 but its a real shame grimes isn't. Thank god for chappy ;)

Chelskiman

Quote from: quinny88 on March 13, 2013, 04:25:07 PM
Foley was never playing round 1 but its a real shame grimes isn't. Thank god for chappy ;)

Yeah, of course, but when he comes back he's going to be really important.  With teams targetting Cotch, Lids and Dusty it will mean the likes of Grigg and Foley should be able to roam free, and both can be really damaging, especially when left alone.

Jroo

Yeah Foley was never playing in round one. I still thought Grimes was a chance so that is dissaapointing. Ben Griffiths probably comes into the team now to replace him.

quinny88

Quote from: JROO8 on March 13, 2013, 05:04:32 PM
Yeah Foley was never playing in round one. I still thought Grimes was a chance so that is dissaapointing. Ben Griffiths probably comes into the team now to replace him.

Luckily for us Waite isnt playing round 1. Carlton arent known for their big power forwards anyway. I think Rance and Chaplin have the tools and experience to keep Casboult and Rowe (if he plays) quiet. We mainly need to worry about Betts and Garlett. Morris will go to one of them no doubt.

quinny88

Quote from: Chelskiman on March 13, 2013, 04:48:43 PM

Yeah, of course, but when he comes back he's going to be really important.  With teams targetting Cotch, Lids and Dusty it will mean the likes of Grigg and Foley should be able to roam free, and both can be really damaging, especially when left alone.

Yeah absolutely I love Foley when he is up and going. Gets plenty of the ball and breaks the lines