Cotchin vs Lids

Started by lachie_001, February 23, 2013, 12:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lachie_001

Both are capable, lids I'd say is pretty consistent but cotchin post breakout year not sure what to expect? Can only fit one

Ziplock

I prefer lids. He's older and has pumped out more 90+ averages than cotchin. Way more unique as well.

nrich102

Quote from: Ziplock on February 23, 2013, 01:05:45 PM
I prefer lids. He's older and has pumped out more 90+ averages than cotchin. Way more unique as well.
+1

Adamant

Really not sure who I'd prefer tbh.

I really like the look of Lids as a POD, but don't see him improving too much. Will probably maintain that 110 average or could drop a couple of points.

I still don't trust Cotchin. He's a jet, but after having Rocky last year - I'm sticking to starting with the proven guns in the midfield. That's why my starting premo's are Swan, Ablett, Pendles and Boyd. If Cotchin comes out and goes 115+, I'll have no problem upgrading to him.

Jukes

Quote from: nrich102 on February 23, 2013, 01:21:47 PM
+1

Make that +2. I'm not going with either, but would prefer Lids. More unique and a very consistent performer, plus will (probably) be tagged less than Cotch. Both will be upgrade targets, depending on who tears it up better.

Artax

Will look to move Jack to one of these guys later in the year. Think Jack is going to be great to kick off with

Adamant

Quote from: Jukes on February 23, 2013, 02:27:58 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on February 23, 2013, 01:21:47 PM
+1

Make that +2. I'm not going with either, but would prefer Lids. More unique and a very consistent performer, plus will (probably) be tagged less than Cotch. Both will be upgrade targets, depending on who tears it up better.

What happened to your Cotch love? he was one of the few that stayed in your teams after each change. :o

lachie_001

Yeah I think lids will be consistent and average about 110 which you can't complain about, but I still think cotchin has the potential to go bang and average 120  :-\

Holz

Quote from: lachie_001 on February 23, 2013, 02:44:39 PM
Yeah I think lids will be consistent and average about 110 which you can't complain about, but I still think cotchin has the potential to go bang and average 120  :-\

cotchin could go 105-120, i think lids will go 110+. For me neither s i want to monitor them abit more as and they dont have the easiest of starts anyway

Toga

I have both ::) ;)

Think they are just gonna smash it this year. Tigers were actually in the top 3 or so DT-teams last year, getting an increasing possession game-style so I think Richmond mids & backs could become popular in the next couple of years.

I love both guys as players, and had to get Lids in last night after he smashed it in his NAB game!

Windigo

I have neither, but I'd Deledio. But then again, he could go back to his 90-100 average and 2012 was just a spike.

As for Cotch, I'd be cautious as the captaincy has hindered many a player....

Toga

Quote from: Windigo on February 23, 2013, 03:10:36 PM
I have neither, but I'd Deledio. But then again, he could go back to his 90-100 average and 2012 was just a spike.

As for Cotch, I'd be cautious as the captaincy has hindered many a player....

....but has helped others ;)

JROO8 did a ripper article at some stage about the Captaincy helping some guys, can't remember who though :-X I'll try find his article. :)

Colliwobblers

not starting either was starting cotch as mid 5 but not impressed after last night.

(yeah small sample - only nab cup) but i might heaven forbid play it safe with a thompson or boyd at mid 5 to start the season and upgrade to cotch or lids when and if they start to fire, think they both will definitely score elite this season, just not sold on starting either.

Dogs have a tough start but nothing effects Boyds scoring.

5 of Adelaides first 7 games are easy too, think only Sydney and St Kilda start the season easier. ( not counting GWS, GCS, MEL, PORT)

they all start with easy teams too, but they are easy teams so it kind of doesn't count :)

TheAnt

Deledio is an outside player so he'll get tagged more often then Cotchin.

tbagrocks

Lids in his prime now, i'd start him and watch how Cotch is going to back it up, many were burnt by Rocky, Redden, Murphy and Jelwwod last year ;)