Previous topic - Next topic

Which one at R3/R4?

Daw
20 (58.8%)
Currie
14 (41.2%)

Total Members Voted: 1

quinny88

Both looked really promising tonight all be it a Nab cup game.
Daw is a super athlete and will leap over and out run most ruckman.
Currie is a big monster and had a massive 12 hitouts and dominated Richmond (although it was only against Derickx)

One of these guys is almost a certainty on my bench but which one?

tor01doc

Whoever gets picked round 1.

LF

For me it's looking like whoever gets named round 1

quinny88

Yeah thats probably the smart answer lol

tor01doc

quinny88

Ill tell you what. If Goldy was to go down injured I would lock one of these guys in at R2 I reckon

Spinking

I suspect Daw is slightly ahead in the pecking order, but Currie does look good. Godly obviously given a light run tonight, so hard to know how they plan on using the other blokes.

quinny88

Quote from: Spinking on February 23, 2013, 12:51:56 AM
I suspect Daw is slightly ahead in the pecking order, but Currie does look good. Godly obviously given a light run tonight, so hard to know how they plan on using the other blokes.

Daw is more exciting. Similair to NicNat in his first couple of years.
I think he will play because he can offer more up forward than Currie. Then again how would a forward line function with Petrie, Tarrant, Hansen and Daw. Sounds a bit tall

MC

I would lean the other way to be honest.

I'd say that Currie is higher in the order, given the fact that he has had 4 or 5 pre-seasons of development, and has played plenty of footy at VFL level. Daw on the other hand is still very much developing, and his skills aren't so polished. He reminds me of Nic Naitanui a few years back - he was a super athlete, but often his skills let him down.

To be honest they might both get games - Daw in the forward line with Currie backing up the ruck. 

Can anyone else see the standard rucks being NicNat/Daw, in the same way that Cox/Sandi used to be?!

Mat0369

Daw just for the fact that Goldy is the number one and Curry does not look like he can play forward. I would not be surprised if neither get a game though and Goldy goes it alone with Petrie spelling him for a couple of minutes and in the forward line.

quinny88

Quote from: MC on February 23, 2013, 01:28:40 AM

I would lean the other way to be honest.

I'd say that Currie is higher in the order, given the fact that he has had 4 or 5 pre-seasons of development, and has played plenty of footy at VFL level. Daw on the other hand is still very much developing, and his skills aren't so polished. He reminds me of Nic Naitanui a few years back - he was a super athlete, but often his skills let him down.

To be honest they might both get games - Daw in the forward line with Currie backing up the ruck. 

Can anyone else see the standard rucks being NicNat/Daw, in the same way that Cox/Sandi used to be?!

Currie is just too much like Goldy for them to both play in the same side though. Daw offers a bit more away from the center.
I think Daw is the favourite to play with Goldy but I think if Goldy got injured Currie would be the one that assumes the #1 ruck role for the season

nrich102

Daw, but it depends on round 1

gunnerzzz

Daw looks alot more athletic, hard to split em. I'm going daw just because of that goal he kicked last night, but as mentioned above it's really going to come down to who is picked round 1.