Roos V Demons V Tigers NAB Cup discussion

Started by LF, February 22, 2013, 09:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dayze

Haha Quinny I toldu not to bite ur smarter than that. Tbag feeds off ur reactions. He knows enough about footy to know cotchin is a super jet he just loves winding u guys up.
On another note I'm on a beautiful holiday with my mrs and all I can think about is how Atley is playing in the nab.
Damn I love supercoach haha

Mat0369

Quote from: quinny88 on February 23, 2013, 01:41:22 AM
Ah well fair enough. I was personally glad to see us have a dip but I thought North did too. Just glad there were no injuries

I think it got them to raise their intensity in the second half of that game. I don't think North were as lucky on the injury front. I know Sam Wright went down, not sure what is wrong though

Grazz

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 23, 2013, 01:39:34 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on February 23, 2013, 01:34:32 AM
Think you are looking too much into it. They had a dip and split the points from 2 games.
We had a far more experienced line up than Melbourne so looked a lot faster and more intense. They also just came off a game in 30 degree heat where as we were the fresh team.
There was no difference between the intensity of us and North though

I still think the Tigers for the first half of that game against North had a harder attack on the ball. It would be a good thing come the regular season, but in these crappy round robin games I think it should be more bruise free and just get the miles into the legs. It might just be me though.

I think your just erring on the side of caution Mat, your team over the last decade has taken your supporters to hell and back a few times. Just when you would be thinking maybe this year then the wheels would fall off again mate. Its natural to feel the way you do through the early stuff such as NAB. I like many think you'll be ok and finally your supporters will see some reward for all the pain as i think you lot our for real now and will continue to go from strength to strength over time mate. We saw the beinings of it last year and the progress will continue, happy for ya's.

quinny88

Quote from: Dayze on February 23, 2013, 01:41:42 AM
Haha Quinny I toldu not to bite ur smarter than that. Tbag feeds off ur reactions. He knows enough about footy to know cotchin is a super jet he just loves winding u guys up.
On another note I'm on a beautiful holiday with my mrs and all I can think about is how Atley is playing in the nab.
Damn I love supercoach haha

Haha cant let anyone get a away with trash talking Cotch, Dayze :P

Hahah come on mate kick your feet up. Supercoach will still be here when you get back

quinny88

Quote from: Grazz on February 23, 2013, 01:47:22 AM
Think you are looking too much into it. They had a dip and split the points from 2 games.
We had a far more experienced line up than Melbourne so looked a lot faster and more intense. They also just came off a game in 30 degree heat where as we were the fresh team.

I still think the Tigers for the first half of that game against North had a harder attack on the ball. It would be a good thing come the regular season, but in these crappy round robin games I think it should be more bruise free and just get the miles into the legs. It might just be me though.

I think your just erring on the side of caution Mat, your team over the last decade has taken your supporters to hell and back a few times. Just when you would be thinking maybe this year then the wheels would fall off again mate. Its natural to feel the way you do through the early stuff such as NAB. I like many think you'll be ok and finally your supporters will see some reward for all the pain as i think you lot our for real now and will continue to go from strength to strength over time mate. We saw the beinings of it last year and the progress will continue, happy for ya's.

I dont think Mat is a Richmond supporter Graz haha

Grazz

:o
Quote from: quinny88 on February 23, 2013, 01:50:04 AM

:o Really, i certainly thought he would of been by his concern. Oh well i might be dumb but i can lift heavy things.  :-[

Mat0369

You would be correct. It is just I have seen my own team do it and then had a senior player from the time write about the whole thing in his autobiography. Just with the strain on the modern day players being so high, you don't want to see them burn out because they took the NAB too seriously. The staff might control how many km's they run, but they don't control the bumps they receive which are more taxing.

quinny88

Quote from: Grazz on February 23, 2013, 01:59:29 AM
:o

:o Really, i certainly thought he would of been by his concern. Oh well i might be dumb but i can lift heavy things.  :-[

Hahahaha cheer up mate.
Mat is a Carlton supporter so I think his real concern is with facing an up beat Richmond side round 1 ;)

Mat0369

Just watching the games and commentating on what I saw.

quinny88

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 23, 2013, 02:02:31 AM

You would be correct. It is just I have seen my own team do it and then had a senior player from the time write about the whole thing in his autobiography. Just with the strain on the modern day players being so high, you don't want to see them burn out because they took the NAB too seriously. The staff might control how many km's they run, but they don't control the bumps they receive which are more taxing.

You're reffering to the nab cup grand final win followed by a wooden spoon the same season?

Mat0369

Quote from: quinny88 on February 23, 2013, 02:03:01 AM
Hahahaha cheer up mate.
Mat is a Carlton supporter so I think his real concern is with facing an up beat Richmond side round 1 ;)

Also speaking of round 1 matches, a team that was not taking the pre-season to seriously and just trying to get the mileage into the legs was Carlton. Richmond were anointed paper champs after smashing Geelong in a meaningless pre-season game, but when it came to the crunch all they hype was just that. Pity Carlton were anointed premiers in March and we all know how that ended up......

Dayze

Ive got the games taped so I'll review them Monday. I cant believe at 27 this is where my life is at haha and I couldn't b happier...
If its any consultation guys Richmond are everyOnes second team. Except tbag... I think he likes sturt or something...

What a ripping season it's gonna b. Teams such as essendon, Carlton, Richmond and to a lesser extent Brizzy all expected to improve who shifts out of the 8. Gonna b a very open season ahead. Lots of surprises

Mat0369

Quote from: quinny88 on February 23, 2013, 02:04:50 AM
You're reffering to the nab cup grand final win followed by a wooden spoon the same season?

It happened twice. It was in Koutas book. He said Pagan took the NAB too serious and by the time mid season came along the players were stuffed. It was like playing an extra 4 rounds and it hindered them more then helped them. Since then I have learnt to never take the NAB seriously and just wait until the real stuff comes around

Grazz

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 23, 2013, 02:04:05 AM

Just watching the games and commentating on what I saw.

No worries mate, i should of checked before commenting thinking you were a Tigers supporter, my bad. Was said with the best intensions.

quinny88

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 23, 2013, 02:06:21 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on February 23, 2013, 02:03:01 AM
Hahahaha cheer up mate.

Also speaking of round 1 matches, a team that was not taking the pre-season to seriously and just trying to get the mileage into the legs was Carlton. Richmond were anointed paper champs after smashing Geelong in a meaningless pre-season game, but when it came to the crunch all they hype was just that. Pity Carlton were anointed premiers in March and we all know how that ended up......

I pay very little attention to that stuff mate. Im well aware that some teams arent fazed by the nab cup but history shows that the teams to win the nab cup nearly always play finals. I think Carlton were the first side to ever win it and not make the finals and that was only fairly recently