Roos V Demons V Tigers NAB Cup discussion

Started by LF, February 22, 2013, 09:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Quote from: Dayze on February 23, 2013, 02:08:03 AM
Ive got the games taped so I'll review them Monday. I cant believe at 27 this is where my life is at haha and I couldn't b happier...
If its any consultation guys Richmond are everyOnes second team. Except tbag... I think he likes sturt or something...

What a ripping season it's gonna b. Teams such as essendon, Carlton, Richmond and to a lesser extent Brizzy all expected to improve who shifts out of the 8. Gonna b a very open season ahead. Lots of surprises

I think watching it on replay you can see what I am talking about. Look for the passages of play just before Sam Wright goes down. Hardwick pulls his stars not long after because I think he can see where it is heading.

tbagrocks

Nah i'm not trolling :P  i'm just messing around because everyone lnows i'm messing aroung right? ???

Surely everyone knows the Cotchin hate is a joke :P  just the simple fact everyone loves him because he plays in Melbourne ::)

Mat0369

Quote from: quinny88 on February 23, 2013, 02:10:12 AM
I pay very little attention to that stuff mate. Im well aware that some teams arent fazed by the nab cup but history shows that the teams to win the nab cup nearly always play finals. I think Carlton were the first side to ever win it and not make the finals and that was only fairly recently

Carlton found a way to do it before it was even the Wizard cup. Every time they have won the pre-season comp they have not made finals in recent memory (this goes back to 97 when it was the Ansett Cup). Maybe it is just a Carlton curse.

Grazz

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 23, 2013, 02:12:28 AM
Nah i'm not trolling :P  i'm just messing around because everyone lnows i'm messing aroung right? ???

Surely everyone knows the Cotchin hate is a joke :P  just the simple fact everyone loves him because he plays in Melbourne ::)

Id love him even more if he played in Adelaide for our boys just quietly. ::)

Yes we know your messing most of the time but we havent worked out if your messing with your spelling to mate. :P

tbagrocks

I failed year 9-10 English, never maid year ellevon ::)

Just like the D's and the Blues I tanked English and Science :P  Guess i'm not a nerd ;D

Grazz

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 23, 2013, 02:23:18 AM
I failed year 9-10 English, never maid year ellevon ::)

Just like the D's and the Blues I tanked English and Science :P  Guess i'm not a nerd ;D

Have to admit i tanked in science myself.  :-[

blue

i will admit i have skipped thu. but any chace of a rookie report daw , j vine, , toumpas, m jones, terlich, currie ect.
p.s the tiger are my second tead because the blues get to smash them rd 1 every year

Mat0369

Daw super impressive in the first game from what I saw. Viney I did not notice that much but that had to do with me missing the first half of the first half where he got some good touches according to the commentary team. Toumpas pushed forward and kicked a couple of goals which was a good sign. Terlich butchered the ball every time he touched it. It went everywhere but his intended target. I did not notice Jones at all. Currie worked well as a tap ruckman in the middle. But if Goldy plays I can't see them carrying both

DazBurg

Probably a bit late for most to care just couldn't really get on sooner
but thought i might still post my thoughts just in case anyone wants extra opinion's

North Melbourne Vs Melbourne

Roos
Jacobs - Looked good for the roosfound heaps of it and created good drive kicking a nice super goal
Swallow - as you'd expected racked it up looked in great shape
Atley - looks like he may improve on last season looked good

Demons
Viney - looked good and hard at it
Jones - getting heaps of it as expected
Byrnes - got some early touches looked alright but faded out in 2nd half
Hogan - showed off his talent great body use reads the ball well and cannot play till next year

Melbourne Vs Richmond

Demons
Watts - got a bit of it in the 1st half still makes a few mistakes
Couch - looked alright got soe touches and worked hard
Jones - still finding the ball trying to keep his team in it
Toumpas - looked nice and composed when ball in hands and good skills

Tigers
Cotchin - Sublime skills and got plently of it
Morris - provided grear drive from the backline
Newman - playing more on the wing got a few touches and looked alright
Deledio - just  anormal type game from Dlids accumalatored a heap of touches as usual

North Melbourne Vs Richmond

Roos
Harvey - proved he still has the goods too bad his missing the first 6 weeks of the year
Tarrant - good work rate leads up well and looked good (except for a easy dropped mark)
Swallow - Keeped getting the ball when roos need some lifting
Daw - still quite raw but showed a glimpse with a fantastic goal that wouldn't look ou tof place for Buddy

Richmond
Riewoldt - Looked ok in the first game in this one looks fantastic
Newman - Done a few nice things again
Vlaustin - Hard at it and classy looked great
Martin - got a bit of the ball in both games without dominating