Roos V Demons V Tigers NAB Cup discussion

Started by LF, February 22, 2013, 09:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Quote from: quinny88 on February 23, 2013, 12:46:51 AM
Easy on the Richmond bashing mat lol
They went out and had a crack. How is that a bad thing?
Yeah that's my jod ;)

Colliwobblers

i wasn't bashing Richmond, I LOVE Maric (Richmond)  and I know I will LOCK Cotchin in my fantasy teams regularly in seasons going forward, I just wish I had seen a little more tonight.

Super Star no one can deny.

Richmond looked good, they still need to work on finishing out games, and a few things need to click, but all the pieces of the finals puzzle are starting to fall into place.

Chaplin will help a lot once he is back, and so with the decoy fwd help Jack this season, Maric has the ruck covered and the midfield is taking shape nicely, the hard nut defenders are coming along nicely...

I hope the Tiges make the 8, it's a big ask with at least 4 clubs vying for that last finals berth but I would like to see the Tiges scrape in :) think this may be their season to break the drought.

Good Luck anyway :)

Mat0369

In the pre-season I don't like it. I have seen my team overextend themselves in pre-season games and it hurt them later in the year. For Richmonds sake I hope it doesn't burn them later.

quinny88

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 23, 2013, 01:12:05 AM

i wasn't bashing Richmond, I LOVE Maric (Richmond)  and I know I will LOCK Cotchin in my fantasy teams regularly in seasons going forward, I just wish I had seen a little more tonight.

Super Star no one can deny.

Richmond looked good, they still need to work on finishing out games, and a few things need to click, but all the pieces of the finals puzzle are starting to fall into place.

Chaplin will help a lot once he is back, and so with the decoy fwd help Jack this season, Maric has the ruck covered and the midfield is taking shape nicely, the hard nut defenders are coming along nicely...

I hope the Tiges make the 8, it's a big ask with at least 4 clubs vying for that last finals berth but I would like to see the Tiges scrape in :) think this may be their season to break the drought.

Good Luck anyway :)

Wasnt actually talking about you colli haha

quinny88

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 23, 2013, 01:12:42 AM

In the pre-season I don't like it. I have seen my team overextend themselves in pre-season games and it hurt them later in the year. For Richmonds sake I hope it doesn't burn them later.

Haha how did we overextend ourselves though? We rested heaps of players in the second game and Lids, Cotchin and Martin were sitting on the bench in the second half of game 2 when it was  a close one

tbagrocks

I'll deny it CW, Cotchin sucks ::)  didn't do much in game two ::)

quinny88

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 23, 2013, 01:22:53 AM

He played forward in the first half of game 2 and sat on the bench in the 2nd half. Not Even the great Cotchin can dominate from the bench Tbag ;)

Mat0369

Quote from: quinny88 on February 23, 2013, 01:19:09 AM
Haha how did we overextend ourselves though? We rested heaps of players in the second game and Lids, Cotchin and Martin were sitting on the bench in the second half of game 2 when it was  a close one

As I wrote it earlier, they were playing at the intensity of a home and away game with all those guys still on the park. They are shorter games, but if they keep that intensity through the entire pre-season they will be burnt out by round 12 again

tbagrocks

Quote from: quinny88 on February 23, 2013, 01:25:42 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on February 23, 2013, 01:22:53 AM

He played forward in the first half of game 2 and sat on the bench in the 2nd half. Not Even the great Cotchin can dominate from the bench Tbag ;)
I'd say the coach benched him because he sucks, get ready for some vests this year ;D

Grazz

Don't think you did really Quinny, these games although a curse are a necessary curse. You have to play them in order to get all your i's dotted and t's crossed. Fitness staff know roughly how many miles to get into the legs of their players in order to maintain them over the journey. They're a lot better at it nowadays than in the past.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Grazz on February 23, 2013, 01:28:25 AM
Don't think you did really Quinny, these games although a curse are a necessary curse. You have to play them in order to get all your i's dotted and t's crossed. Fitness staff know roughly how many miles to get into the legs of their players in order to maintain them over the journey. They're a lot better at it nowadays than in the past.

This is exactly the case - which is why those stars sat on the bench when the game was in the balance, it isn't as much about winning as it is about getting minutes into players. Simple maths. Simple if your a sports scientist (not me).

I think the NAB Cup is won by accident :) or at least without any real intention, except you can count on teams that struggled the past season or need to increase membership to try a bit harder to win it than other clubs.

quinny88

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 23, 2013, 01:27:11 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on February 23, 2013, 01:19:09 AM

As I wrote it earlier, they were playing at the intensity of a home and away game with all those guys still on the park. They are shorter games, but if they keep that intensity through the entire pre-season they will be burnt out by round 12 again

Think you are looking too much into it. They had a dip and split the points from 2 games.
We had a far more experienced line up than Melbourne so looked a lot faster and more intense. They also just came off a game in 30 degree heat where as we were the fresh team.
There was no difference between the intensity of us and North though

quinny88

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 23, 2013, 01:33:06 AM
Quote from: Grazz on February 23, 2013, 01:28:25 AM

This is exactly the case - which is why those stars sat on the bench when the game was in the balance, it isn't as much about winning as it is about getting minutes into players. Simple maths. Simple if your a sports scientist (not me).

I think the NAB Cup is won by accident :) or at least without any real intention, except you can count on teams that struggled the past season or need to increase membership to try a bit harder to win it than other clubs.

Agree with both of you 100%

Mat0369

Quote from: quinny88 on February 23, 2013, 01:34:32 AM
Think you are looking too much into it. They had a dip and split the points from 2 games.
We had a far more experienced line up than Melbourne so looked a lot faster and more intense. They also just came off a game in 30 degree heat where as we were the fresh team.

I still think the Tigers for the first half of that game against North had a harder attack on the ball. It would be a good thing come the regular season, but in these crappy round robin games I think it should be more bruise free and just get the miles into the legs. It might just be me though.

quinny88

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 23, 2013, 01:39:34 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on February 23, 2013, 01:34:32 AM

I still think the Tigers for the first half of that game against North had a harder attack on the ball. It would be a good thing come the regular season, but in these crappy round robin games I think it should be more bruise free and just get the miles into the legs. It might just be me though.

Ah well fair enough. I was personally glad to see us have a dip but I thought North did too. Just glad there were no injuries