Roos V Demons V Tigers NAB Cup discussion

Started by LF, February 22, 2013, 09:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

I know it is only pre-season, but how does Luke McGuane get a game? I still remember that game last year where he missed twice from the goal square.

Mat0369

And to quote Juicy Brucie, Daniel Wells was delicious right there.

tyronee

How did lids and Cotchin play? What roles etc

LF

would`nt read much into lids and cotchins 2nd game they spent the 2nd half of the 2nd game on the bench

Mat0369

Quote from: luvfooty on February 23, 2013, 12:02:57 AM
would`nt read much into lids and cotchins 2nd game they spent the 2nd half of the 2nd game on the bench

Agreed. The more experienced guys don't really need to come out and tear it up. It is more about the rookies and younger guys and seeing how they fit in

LF

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 23, 2013, 12:06:35 AM
Quote from: luvfooty on February 23, 2013, 12:02:57 AM

Agreed. The more experienced guys don't really need to come out and tear it up. It is more about the rookies and younger guys and seeing how they fit in

Tigers did well without them too looks like they are getting some depth in the team

tbagrocks

Colliwobblers

Currie and Daw both looked and scored significantly better than Goldspud - no surprises there.

it's just nab cup but cotchin..... meh  with adelaide, sydney brisbane and essendon all having easier draws early I can't see myself starting him.

Grazz

Im interested to see how the masses feel about running with Goldy now. Bit unfair to mark to harshly i'll reserve any real critical judgement when they are playing full games and even then NAB can be misleading. As Mat said you learn more about the rookies than anybody else really in these half games.

Samm79

One...... Pre........ Season....... Game........... Only............ People...........

LF

Quote from: Grazz on February 23, 2013, 12:21:56 AM
Im interested to see how the masses feel about running with Goldy now. Bit unfair to mark to harshly i'll reserve any real critical judgement when they are playing full games and even then NAB can be misleading. As Mat said you learn more about the rookies than anybody else really in these half games.

Yeah Goldstein unimpressive but you`d need to see him in a full game before any judgement

Grazz

Quote from: luvfooty on February 23, 2013, 12:25:02 AM

Yeah Goldstein unimpressive but you`d need to see him in a full game before any judgement

Absolutely LF, even then NAB can still be misleading.

Colliwobblers

I saw goldy in enough full games last season to pass judgement - and yes Hmac was already out.

To be fair he is capable of being a solid premium SC ruckman i just shake my head at those that intend to start him in DT type comps.

Doesnt win possessions, doesn't tackle, doesn't run, doesn't kick goals. IS A GREAT TAP RUCKMAN ON HIS DAY. SC loves that.

The fact is you saw Maric the next game, wins his own ball, works hard, great second effort, marks kicks , goals, gets involved in the play as they switch, TACKLES. Gun - better ruckman? maybe - better footballer? definitely.

just one little opinion tho :)

quinny88

Easy on the Richmond bashing mat lol
They went out and had a crack. How is that a bad thing?

Grazz

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 23, 2013, 12:29:22 AM

I saw goldy in enough full games last season to pass judgement - and yes Hmac was already out.

To be fair he is capable of being a solid premium SC ruckman i just shake my head at those that intend to start him in DT type comps.

Doesnt win possessions, doesn't tackle, doesn't run, doesn't kick goals. IS A GREAT TAP RUCKMAN ON HIS DAY. SC loves that.

The fact is you saw Maric the next game, wins his own ball, works hard, great second effort, marks kicks , goals, gets involved in the play as they switch, TACKLES. Gun - better ruckman? maybe - better footballer? definitely.

just one little opinion tho :)

But a good and respected opinion Colli.