Roos V Demons V Tigers NAB Cup discussion

Started by LF, February 22, 2013, 09:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

Mat0369

Quote from: luvfooty on February 22, 2013, 09:48:36 PM
Discuss the game who has caught your eye.

I started a thread in the general SC section but I said in there that I started watching late due to the cricket. From when I started watching Daw took a huge mark in defense and Hogan although not eligible took a nice mark in the pocket by using his body and kicked the goal.

LF

Swallow,Wright,Jacobs,MacMahon and Scott D Thompson looked good for the Roos
Daw did some great stuff around the ground
Goldstein was MIA

Demons
Hogan was great pity we can`t pick he until next year
Howe and Sylvia looked good

Mat0369

If North plan on going into games with just Goldy and Petrie and let Petrie spell him, he will be too good to pass up. He does not deal well with splitting time as we saw though. Like Mitch Clark when he was at the Lions. It is a shortened version of the NAB, he was not really rucking that much from what I saw. Will be interesting come round 1 though.

justaverage

sammy123

Mat0369

Richmond seem to be playing these games like Home and Away matches. It is going to be funny come half way through the home and away season and they are out on their legs again

auscoyote

tbagrocks

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 22, 2013, 11:18:59 PM
Richmond seem to be playing these games like Home and Away matches. It is going to be funny come half way through the home and away season and they are out on their legs again
Adelaide started very well, won the Cup and just missed the Granny, a team that hasn't been consistant in September it shouldn't really matter if they do try in the pre-season games

Mat0369

Majak Daw with the shimmy and stiff arm. Something you expect to see of an NFL running back

Mat0369

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 22, 2013, 11:23:09 PM
Adelaide started very well, won the Cup and just missed the Granny, a team that hasn't been consistant in September it shouldn't really matter if they do try in the pre-season games

I still think the better teams know that the GF is not won in February. It is all about man management and trying to get through unscathed and have the younger guys fight to show they deserve some playing time.

tbagrocks

I can understand it though, clearly the Tigers want to be winning early games and why wouldn't they

Mat0369

They did the same thing last year before playing a Carlton team who had done nothing all pre-season then getting thumped. I think the difference between say an Adelaide last year and a Richmond this year is that Adelaide had a new coach, everyone needed to impress and they were trying to work within the new structures set up by the coach. Dimma has been there a few years and their attack on the ball is that of a regular season match. It could very well come back to bite them. I remember the Carlton players after Pagan left saying that the fact they were playing pre-season games like regular season matches, it took a toll on their bodies and by mid season they felt like they would at the end of the season.

thewizz

Tbag, you must be happy to see cotch being well held - have to wait and see how danger goes now.

TheAnt

He hasn't been held well...he just has been on the bench the whole game/resting forward.